What is NHL Shop Doing with their Jersey Offerings Now????

KG777NT

Just checked NHLshop's offerings for Hawks jerseys out of curiousity (they've had none listed for several months), and now they have crappy screen printed "fashion" jerseys for $90, and what appear to be Indo-Edge authentics precustomized for $360.

Are they trying to increase the sales of counterfeits or what? I mean I think counterfeits look atrocious and would never buy/wear one, but can you really blame people who don't care as much as we do for opting for a $30-$40 counterfeit over a $90 piece of garbage or a $360 "authentic"?

What do you guys think about these product offerings?

The worst thing about their product listings is that you just don't know what you're getting. The picture of the red authentic is an old 1.0. The white one appears to be an Indo but the arm stripes aren't messed up like they were when the Hawks Indo first came out. So is it an Indo? Who knows how good or accurate the customization will be? Too many x-factors here, and until more is known, I doubt anyone here would take a chance on buying one of those.

I thought it was funny though, that on the black Premier jersey they spelled #19's name "TOWES."

TheMadHat - second that opinion. I occasionally go on there to check. You can only get customized Rangers jersey and sizes seem to vary pretty frequently. Guess is that they will only have Indo-Edge jerseys but, I can't imagine overwhelming demand at that price point.

Reebok/ NHL would be so much better off by recruiting one of the experts on here to gauge supply & demand for jersey styles, price points, designs, etc

Reebok/ NHL would be so much better off by recruiting one of the experts on here to gauge supply & demand for jersey styles, price points, designs, etc

Shop.NHL.com is not run by Reebok or the league, it is run by a division of eBay that was formerly called Global Sports Inc. and is linked to Fanatics.com and also runs other leading Sporting Goods Chains' ecommerce efforts (######'s, Sports Authority, etc). The league licenses their trademarks to eBay and takes a cut, but otherwise eBay Enterprise owns all the inventory, handles the call centers, ecommerce/website and shipping. They are an incredibly data/web analytics driven company, so their product buying decisions are made on Return on Investment factors rather than the needs of hardcore collectors like us (unfortunately).

http://www.ebayenterprise.com/clients/

I completely echo LAK74's point of view above, which is that you do not really know what you are getting based on the images and descriptions on the site. While they run many Free Shipping promos, you still incur the costs to ship it back if it is not what you want, which makes it a potentially risky purchase.

In the last year they seemed to have moved away from Authentic Jerseys a great deal, so my guess is that they were simply not selling enough of them to generate the profit they were hoping for. Replicas likely deliver many more sales than authentics, so they make the money in volume.

I would also NEVER get a jersey personalized by shop.nhl.com -- there have been wayyyyy too many stories of improper customization, which does not play well in this community.

It's a great place for buying licensed apparel like hoodies, t-shirts and stuff, but not a haven for hardcore jersey collectors.

If you do buy from them and get a survey email afterward, answer it. They may recruit you for a future focus group where you can give your input on how you would be more satisfied with their site, product offerings, etc, etc.

Shop.NHL.com is not run by Reebok or the league, it is run by a division of eBay that was formerly called Global Sports Inc. and is linked to Fanatics.com and also runs other leading Sporting Goods Chains' ecommerce efforts (######'s, Sports Authority, etc). The league licenses their trademarks to eBay and takes a cut, but otherwise eBay Enterprise owns all the inventory, handles the call centers, ecommerce/website and shipping

:wacko: :blink: confusing

Not only that, but it makes a lot of sense why some people here have been having their legit jerseys removed from ebay for no good reason. They are removing competition from their own sales.

Has this happened to more than one person? If that was the real motive, wouldn't they target larger scale operations? I highly doubt that's the rationale.

They remove some peoples legit listings and accuse them of their stuff being fakes. It had happened to a few people here (myself included).

They remove some peoples legit listings and accuse them of their stuff being fakes. It had happened to a few people here (myself included).

I am aware that it happens occasionally. My point still remains -- why would they target just a small portion of eBay sellers who collectively have very few jerseys and don't influence the market? Why wouldn't they try to rid themselves of actual competition volume by going after any number of people who sell on a much larger scale? Occam's razor suggests that it's simply incompetence and not some clever scheme to make themselves more profitable.

I am aware that it happens occasionally. My point still remains -- why would they target just a small portion of eBay sellers who collectively have very few jerseys and don't influence the market? Why wouldn't they try to rid themselves of actual competition volume by going after any number of people who sell on a much larger scale? Occam's razor suggests that it's simply incompetence and not some clever scheme to make themselves more profitable.

This is the NHL we are talking about here, they put their games on a channel that only a small portion of the American viewing public actually watches and don't influence the market.