"C" & "A"' for the Rangers in 97-98?

Krendelev

Unfortunately the two's on the sleeve are wrong. Should be straight across at the bottom, only the back number two should have the serif.

Dammit. I've had it for years...

Edit:

Actually I don't feel *that* bad...just searched old ebay emails and saw that I only paid 60 beans for it...

Is it worth stripping the 2s off and replacing them?

GPQ, that is a knockoff.

I was just gonna say that there are so many weird things about that jersey. It has neck tags from 2000-01 but it's old style 90's mesh. NHL shield is 90's style as well. The CCM hem logo looks phony and the blocks are too far apart. The collar is weird, more like a Starter. Just doesn't look right to me.

good call on the neck tags, I didn't even notice them.

Although I've only seen that knockoff with Messier on it. That's the first Leetch I've seen.

I've always wondered why the Rangers have used a different font for the two's between the back and the sleeves on their jerseys. I first noticed it when a jersey came back from a customizer with a different defect and I noticed that they had put the two's from the back on the sleeves, just before I sent it back (the sleeve number should also lack the kink halfway down the stem, if that makes sense).

As far as I can see it is just the two's they change, or are there any other numbers that are different depending on where they are on the jersey?

Weirdly, with the Liberty jerseys, they matched the sleeve number with the back of the jersey with the navy version, but used the usual fonts on the white versions....

NYLANDER-ALT-RANGER-1.jpg9604.jpg

Weirdly, with the Liberty jerseys, they matched the sleeve number with the back of the jersey with the navy version....

That is correct, but only for 1999 and later. On the Starter blue Liberties the arm 2's have flat bottoms.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/defenseman-brian-leetch-of-the-new-york-rangers-moves-down-news-photo/278211

I feel shame.

Soooooo...if I get my hands on a Starter navy Liberty jersey and I customize it with Leetch and the C, do I specify the serif 2 or the straight bottom 2!? Based on discussion here, since we're talking 96-98 it should be the plain straight 2, correct? It was only after the ProPlayer version that the 2 would get the serif (since 98-99 was the white jersey)?

Correct. If you want the Starter you need the straight-bottom 2. The ProPlayers were the first blue Liberties with the serif 2's.

Btw, nothing to be ashamed about. If anything you should be happy that you're not insane enough to pay attention to crap like this. :thumbsup: