When did the Senators switch to the 2.0?

Of Senators and Kings

Couldn't find any hard sources. Just need a good time period to avoid botching up and getting a 1.0 customized as a player who only wore vector 2.0.

Also, did the wordmark appear in the 2011-2012 or sometime in the middle of 2010-2011?

Like most teams, the Senators switched to 2.0's starting with the second set of the 2007-08 season. The Reebok wordmark did not appear until the beginning of the 2011-12 season.

Wow, that blows. That means only Spezz, Phillips, Neil and Alfie might be my only real choices...(Redden just for kicks?)

Really wanted a set of rookie Karlsson's in 1.0...problem is both vector and wordmark 2.0s are simply impossible to find in Away and even the Homers are rare.

I see Karlsson 1.0s all the time at CTC...so it's a common foul but hanging around here my standards have gone way up to try that.

I think a lot of people, including myself, don't consider it much of a foul to customize a 1.0 for a player who wore a 2.0 at the time. For example, in 2009-10, when Karlsson was a rookie, the only thing you could buy at retail was a 1.0, since Reebok wouldn't let us buy 2.0's. I myself have some customized black Kings vector jerseys which were sold at retail as 1.0's even though the Kings NEVER used these jerseys as 1.0's on-ice. Same goes for 2008 and 2009 ASG jerseys- 2.0 on-ice but only 1.0's for retail, so I don't feel bad at all about customizing the 1.0's. What else are we supposed to do, right?

I think a lot of people, including myself, don't consider it much of a foul to customize a 1.0 for a player who wore a 2.0 at the time. For example, in 2009-10, when Karlsson was a rookie, the only thing you could buy at retail was a 1.0, since Reebok wouldn't let us buy 2.0's. I myself have some customized black Kings vector jerseys which were sold at retail as 1.0's even though the Kings NEVER used these jerseys as 1.0's on-ice. Same goes for 2008 and 2009 ASG jerseys- 2.0 on-ice but only 1.0's for retail, so I don't feel bad at all about customizing the 1.0's. What else are we supposed to do, right?

That's a good point. I suppose even game-issue and retail 2.0s are different in a few minor ways too. But the affordability and prevalence of 1.0s now vs 2.0s means that I could have a home and away set customized for less than the price of 1 blank 2.0 from say...jerseybaron.

I'll try to look around for some vector 2.0 sens but maybe i'll do what you did and get a Karlsson rookie set with 1.0s.

Nice! Very nice! Now how am I supposed to settle with 1.0s knowing that you have THAT! :thumbsup:

Jersey Baron has Karlsson team issued 2.0s for about 400, and blank team issued 2.0s for about 300. Ottawateamshop.ca has Cowen and Zibanejad game worn 2.0s for 500, which isn't that much more than buying a blank team issued from Jersey Baron and having it done up for 100 or so dollars. I know a few online retailers supposedly have Senators retail 2.0s in stock for 300. Clubhouse in Ottawa may also have them. So it seems like they are out there, they just aren't out there at bargain prices.

It depends on what type of collector you are, and how much money you're willing to put into your collection. I can't tell you what is right for you, that's your choice to make, but I'd much rather buy a 1.0 for 100-200 to have done up, than a 2.0 for 300+.

The word mark is relevant, but I would say the accuracy of it is hardly worth paying an extra 100-200 dollars. So it comes down to whether the material or cut of 2.0's is so much to your preference that it'd be worth paying that much extra for.

I also wouldn't really consider an accurately customized 1.0 of a player who only wore 2.0 jersey foul. Jerseys aren't distributed very well. Look at it as the same as somebody who gets a Premier customized. The Premier will not be entirely accurate, but it's the most accessible possible jersey. I don't think it's comparable to somebody getting a Starter jersey done up for a player who played during a CCM era. It's not really fair to call a 1.0 with accurate font a foul, inaccurate yes, but not a foul.

Jersey Baron has Karlsson team issued 2.0s for about 400, and blank team issued 2.0s for about 300. Ottawateamshop.ca has Cowen and Zibanejad game worn 2.0s for 500, which isn't that much more than buying a blank team issued from Jersey Baron and having it done up for 100 or so dollars. I know a few online retailers supposedly have Senators retail 2.0s in stock for 300. Clubhouse in Ottawa may also have them. So it seems like they are out there, they just aren't out there at bargain prices.

It depends on what type of collector you are, and how much money you're willing to put into your collection. I can't tell you what is right for you, that's your choice to make, but I'd much rather buy a 1.0 for 100-200 to have done up, than a 2.0 for 300+.

The word mark is relevant, but I would say the accuracy of it is hardly worth paying an extra 100-200 dollars. So it comes down to whether the material or cut of 2.0's is so much to your preference that it'd be worth paying that much extra for.

I also wouldn't really consider an accurately customized 1.0 of a player who only wore 2.0 jersey foul. Jerseys aren't distributed very well. Look at it as the same as somebody who gets a Premier customized. The Premier will not be entirely accurate, but it's the most accessible possible jersey. I don't think it's comparable to somebody getting a Starter jersey done up for a player who played during a CCM era. It's not really fair to call a 1.0 with accurate font a foul, inaccurate yes, but not a foul.

I've ordered the Heritage Sens and LAK Homer from him. Tough prices for sure but the Heritage is the same rate everywhere and the LAK is hard to find here in Ottawa and online so I had no real choices or alternatives there.

But when it comes to the Sens regular set...why should I pay $400 vector 2.0 blank when I could get a very recent gameworn Zibanejand or 3rd/4th liner for $500? Plus JB only has our Homer and only in huge sizes (58 and 60). Especially when you live in Ottawa, you shouldn't have to order your Homer online at those prices.

I think I simply have to go the 1.0 route. 2.0 has a more comfortable feel but in some ways 1.0s feels more expensive and state of the art in it's design. Most importantly I can get both home and away in my exact size and get Keener to number them for around $350 max. It's not a minor bargain we are talking.

Karlsson wore vectors 2.0s so the logo isn't the issue at all, just the cut/material which I think I can live with.

If I decide to go 2.0 it would have to be through Jersey Baron. He has Karlsson in 58 and 60, now I wear 56 2.0 comfortably but in 6100s 54 is a bit baggy. Would a 58 be like wearing a slightly baggy 6100 if a 56 fits you fine? How about size 60?