Where to get 1970's classic jerseys

ramw5p

Hey everyone, been a lurker for long time. I have started collecting signed jerseys, trying to do it cheap by buying numbers then jerseys and having the sewing done locally. I am having trouble finding the late 70's era CCM jerseys in professional looking quality. I know when you pay for a signed jersey form one of the several places that do player signing they have the numbers signed, then send the numbers to a seperate place for sewing to the jersey. Where are they getting the jerseys?? The local person I have been using for sewing does a great job, but doesn't have access to good looking jerseys. Any info appreciated. TIA

trying to do it cheap....I am having trouble finding the late 70's era CCM jerseys in professional looking quality.

CCM didn't make jerseys in the 70s

'Trying to do it cheap' and 'in professional looking quality' don't generally coincide.

Assuming you're not looking for pro/authentic jerseys, moreso since most of the numbers that merchants use for signings are often a generic font that don't match what the team actually used, and it would be an absolute shame/jersey foul to slap those on a pro jersey...I'll digress.

Maybe you could tell us more, or provide pics of exactly what you're looking to get.

ex - "Anyone know where I can find a road Canadiens similar to this '76 patched Robinson?"

76styleRobinsonwithpatch-vi.jpg

Then maybe folks would have a better idea, and provide you links accordingly.

I understand what your saying, as well as the oh so helpful little sayings…however, the link i provided shows the jersey, and in fact shows the hx of the jerseys. Patches etc aside, the basic design of the MTL jersey really hasn't changed much, v-neck, laces, numbers in sleeve strip, numbers above sleeve stripe, etc. So again, anyone know where i can get similar jerseys to have name numbers stitched on? Might not HHOF credentials, but would look good framed on my wall :)

Assuming you're not looking for pro/authentic jerseys, moreso since most of the numbers that merchants use for signings are often a generic font that don't match what the team actually used, and it would be an absolute shame/jersey foul to slap those on a pro jersey...I'll digress.

Maybe you could tell us more, or provide pics of exactly what you're looking to get.

ex - "Anyone know where I can find a road Canadiens similar to this '76 patched Robinson?"

Then maybe folks would have a better idea, and provide you links accordingly.

You rang? POW! Here's my Doug Laurie/Maska & Maska replicas. I got them just by keeping an eye out on eBay for months, then I added authentic 3 layer twill crests and original 1976 Olympic patches that I got off eBay too.

They now have '29' for Dryden on both of them, but I've no idea where those photos have been filed (got the kits from Eastern Lettering FYI).

2e50bgm.png

(White central hoops are a bit thick, but hey, not gonna get an authentic original for $30)

29xf91w.png

Just go to eBay - Sports Memorabilia and type in words like 'durene' 'Maska' 'SandowSK' 'Stall & Dean' etc. With a bit of TLC - you can have a decent replica/repro.

in the late 70s I believe Wilson did the Habs jerseys

See below example

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=51&lotid=97

PS: If you type "canadiens xxxx game worn" (replace xxxx with a year) in a google search, you will find tons of links to game jerseys if you care about what manufacturer produced a jersey you want for a specific year, like the one I posted above.

Now if you want the CCM reproductions of those vintage jerseys, that is a different ballgame.

I understand what your saying, as well as the oh so helpful little sayings…however, the link i provided shows the jersey, and in fact shows the hx of the jerseys. Patches etc aside, the basic design of the MTL jersey really hasn't changed much, v-neck, laces, numbers in sleeve strip, numbers above sleeve stripe, etc. So again, anyone know where i can get similar jerseys to have name numbers stitched on? Might not HHOF credentials, but would look good framed on my wall :)

Materials change over the years. Types of fight straps change. If you want 70s vintage, it takes looking for specifics that match those years so what you put in a frame is at least close to what you want it to look like. The color of the v-neck differs on Habs jerseys over the years ... if it is a laceup or not differs ... use of name on the back or not. Otherwise, just get an Edge or 6100 and call it a day.