Ducks Throwback Edge 2.0 Customization Quandary

ThatWizardGuy

As many of you know the Anaheim Ducks had a throwback night in October in which they wore a new Edge 2.0 version of the Mighty Ducks jersey.

I have recently picked up one of these that I want to customize. I have been doing my research, much of which I have learned from you guys on this site.

My research has left me with an issue and I need your advice.

The Ducks Team store still has some of the game worns for sale, so I went over there and took a look. Much to my surprise the Numbers are the same quality of the Premeir screen-on sets. They are the ones that mimick 3 layer twill, but are not. This surprised me, since I was expecting to see quality triple layer twill, and I went to see if it was layered or Kiss-cut.

My two Options:

1) Order a Player Kit from gameday or Exclusive, which will be actual triple layered (like all other game worns) and have it sewn on. I think this will look much better than Option 2, but it wont exactly match the game used jerseys...

2) Have the Ducks Team Store Heatpress the Player Kits they sell (which actually match the jerseys worn by the players) and then have someone sew the numbers on afterwords. I do not want the thing heatpressed, but this option seems the only one available to match the jersey exactly to what they wore.

Any advise, or comments on what you would do is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Are you 100% certain that the gamers are the exact same as the replicas?

For instance, Nashville has used single layer sublimated numbers since 2007-08 but they are no way the same as the ones put on replicas. Yes they are similar because they are not layers of twill but the actual material is different. It sounds to me like the Ducks are using some form of sublistitch which is much better than what is applied to replicas.

I havent seen anything in person of course but I wanted to note there can definitely be a difference.

When it comes down to it, Id go with what the team actually uses - its cooler that way.

Can you take a picture of the numbers/nameplate of a gamer next time you go to the team store? It would help greatly. If it is dyed single layer customization you can probably ask EPS if they can do it that way for you -- they have a sublimation machine. No idea how it would come out, but I dont know how their regular Ducks kit would come out

I registered just to answer this topic. Why not call up MonkseySports/HockeyMonkey? They do the real customization for game-worn jerseys. It'll be cheaper and better quality than the crap job offered at the Ducks Team Store.

Unless I'm wrong, MonkeySports hasn't done the game-worn jerseys for the Ducks since the lockout.

Was anyone able to get photos of the game worns? I just got my throwback jersey and 20th patch and I'd like to get it customized the same way the on ice jerseys were done.

• 1 month later...

I can get it customized exactly like the game jerseys, if your interested.

PM me and I will get you some pictures I have of my Throwback 2.0 so you can see the stitching and twill.

Whatever you do, don't heat press that jersey to get numbers on...

I'm sure members here would be very interested if you could post pictures of your jersey in this thread (instead of sending them in PM's to everyone who asks). Is your jersey a game-worn, or did you get a retail jersey customized by the team letterer?

JerseyBaron on eBay. Still has some available- expensive, but where else are you gonna get them?

This is the Throwback 2.0 that a friend of mine helped me get customized.

He is has connections with Ducks somehow.

Does he work at Haagen-Dazs?

Very nice 2.0, but we were hoping you would provide some closeup photos of the lettering, not just the jersey itself. (We already know what the jersey looks like.) I can't be sure because the details aren't clear, but your lettering looks like it may be conventional stitched twill, not sublimated like the original poster stated he saw on the gameworns. Also the alternate captain "A" on yours has a black layer that looks a bit thicker than the one I've seen in pictures of some of the gameworns. Is it possible that the customizer of your jersey may not be the same one who did the on-ice jerseys? Also, since you have a team-issued jersey, a 20th anniversary patch would be a very nice touch- were you planning to add one?

I finally went back and took some up close pictures of the game used Throwbacks for sale at the Pond.

I never said the numbers were subliminated.

They are definately tripled layered and not kiss-cut. I just think they look thinner/cheaper than other authentics I have.

InkJerseys I would love to know what company you used for your jersey. Thanks for the Help.

nameplate_zps7ff287de.jpgPerrySleeve_zps04f2c645.jpgSelanneSleeve_zps80d71886.jpgperryback_zpse41f3162.jpg

They had them pre-sign the gamers? Gross. How much is Matty P's? Heard they had a Steckel too, drop me a line if you know the hilarious prices for them.

They had them pre-sign the gamers? Gross. How much is Matty P's? Heard they had a Steckel too, drop me a line if you know the hilarious prices for them.

Yes, they were all signed after the game. The prices ranged from $2,000 for the regular guys, up to $8,000 for Selanne's jersey. Perry and Getzlaf were $6,000 I believe.

Due to the prices, some of them are still for sale.

Awesome pictures, great stuff right there. I'd love to know who did the on-ice jerseys. That's the only thing thats prohibited me from buying a $380 blank authentic. Beautiful madness.

• 1 month later...