I'm Done

DropkickMurphy8

As much as I hate to say this, I've known for a while that it's been coming. I'm sure some of the regulars have noticed that I've been spending less and less time on here over the last year or so, and my posting has become almost non-existent in the last few months. I had been juggling 17 credits since September, including an honors class and barely had time to breathe, much less read or contribute to the forum, but I finally managed to complete my Associate's degree and graduate. I'll be starting at a new school in the next 2 weeks, so my time will probably be even more limited with the extra 3 hours a day it's going to take me to travel to and from school rather than the 10 minute drive I've gotten used to. More recently, I was introduced to a bunch of great people by a friend at a New Year’s party and we’ve all been hanging out A LOT, and I’ve been spending entirely too much money. But hey, I’m enjoying myself and I’ve found some amazing friends, so it’s worth it. Hearing their stories of all the places they’ve been, or are from, has given me the urge to travel as much as financially possible, so there’s that.

I’ve sold off a few jerseys recently and I’m not sure I’m done on that end, so that was kind of the start of me getting out. Between all the hanging out, partying and just general shenanigans and the expense of traveling to and from Manhattan every day for school, along with having to pay Manhattan prices for everything now, it just feels like the right time to get out of the hobby. I’m taking the NYPD exam in the next few days, and I’m at a point in my life where there are things I’d like to do while I’m still young enough to do them, so something has to go.

Thank you to everyone who helped me enjoy this place and this hobby as much as I have over the last 3 years, but especially Mike for lettering pretty much all of my jerseys and taking the time to do them right. It's been a fun learning experience and it's been a pleasure sharing this hobby with so many people who are as obsessive as I am over little details. I’m not sure if I’ll lurk and read the board once in a while, we’ll see, but I still have two baseball jerseys sitting around that I’m considering getting done up so I can at least wear them, so maybe if I get those done I'll drop in to post the requisite pictures. Other than that, I’m done for the foreseeable future.

It’s been a fun 3 years on here, and if I decide to get back into the hobby one day, hopefully this place will still exist. For now at least, it’s time to move on. Bye guys.

Good luck with school and with the NYPD exam. Hope all goes well for you and we see you back here someday. I've taken breaks from the hobby before but find I always drift back into it at some point. Have fun with your travels and with school.

Good luck!- it's sad to see a fellow Rangers' fan/collector go......now there's one less of us to balance out with the Flyers and Devils' guys n' gals!

:thumbsup:

Good luck with school and the police exams.

As someone who is also trying to carve out a career in law enforcement I wish you only the best of luck!

When you make NYPD, please arrest the entire Washington Capitals organization for impersonating a professional hockey team when they show up in your jurisdiction.

Good luck!