What Do I Have Here? Toronto St. Michael's Majors

dsl135

Clearing out my closet back home this weekend, I found this jersey. A friend's dad won it many years ago in a raffle (probably won it around the late 1990's). In the raffle, it was advertised as a game worn jersey.

IMG_5175_zpsf48035c3.jpg

IMG_5176_zps665737d0.jpg

With a little bit of research, it appears to be a jersey from the Toronto St. Michael's Majors, formerly of the OHL.

The nameplate on the back seems to have been removed.

That's about all of the information I have been able to find. Does anyone know where I could maybe find some rosters? It shouldn't be that hard to narrow down who wore it once I can find out who the captains were in any given year (probably weren't that many alternates that wore #5).

Being that it lacks a fight strap and the Majors were in the OHL from 1996 onwards where straps are mandated it would have to be a replica or perhaps a style made in the same fashion but worn by a mens league team or rec league. I believe the majors wore bauer and ccm branded jerseys and the shoulder patches had script. Just going off memory though so its possible it was used. Could be vintage but the mesh looks like 70s or 80s. the team was disbanded in the 60s. Maybe an alumni jersey or a throwback style.

the canada flag is probably the best inidacator of what you have. the flag was used by most minor hockey teams in toronto. the jersey is probably from the st mikes school team or one of their gthl teams

No manufacturer's logo? What does the collar tag say about the maker of the jersey?

The collar tag is REALLY faded. The only thing I can make out is that its an XXL.

Seeing it doesn't have the fight strap, I am betting it is from the Junior "A" St. Michael Buzzers of the OJHL.

That patch with the logo is actually the logo of the high school that the arena was located at, St. Michael's College School. I went to high school there actually. Not sure if that means it was a high-school team worn jersey just because of the patch though as the Majors did play at the school arena. The high school jerseys were also very similar to the one you have as well when I was there in the mid to late 2000s

Edit: actually the Majors actually wore patches with the school logo as well so ignore what I said

But I am very interested to find out what jersey you have

the canada flag is probably the best inidacator of what you have. the flag was used by most minor hockey teams in toronto. the jersey is probably from the st mikes school team or one of their gthl teams

I was going to say the same thing. It is a definitely a jersey associated with St. Michael's College, but not the St. Michael's Majors OHL team.

You could try contacting someone at St. Michael's College to find out what it is.