When a player is traded......

Cygnus X-1

• 3 weeks later...

I believe the formula is:

You have to wait half as long as the player was on the team before you can wear it again.

So, if Callahan is on the Rangers for eight seasons, you have to wait four seasons before you can wear it again.

In other words, put those Alfredsson Senators jerseys away. It's going to be along time before they're eligible to come out again...

in the case of a MESSIER canucks jerseys, those are always good for stripping and made into another player or, if im feeling generous, i use it to wipe my dog's a$$ after he's done his bidness.

Poor dog.

I keep them - and when I go to the games for that team - I still wear the jersey sometimes.

Obviously, I like Jagr. I wear his Flyers jersey sometimes when I go to a Flyers game.

And, I live in TX. I am not really a Stars fan - but their stadium is the closest to me. I usually go to a game where I like the opposing team But, if not - there was finally a Dallas Star on the team I liked enough to buy a jersey for - Jagr. So, I sometimes where that jersey to the Stars games this season.

Doesn't bother me.

Well, everybody gets traded or leaves at some point. I love sporting my Brad Schlegel or Jeff Greenlaw Caps jerseys, no one knows who they are. People don't know if I'm being a deucheie hipster, my name is Greenlaw, or I'm just too poor to buy a real gamer...my point is just keep 'em!

I believe the formula is:

You have to wait half as long as the player was on the team before you can wear it again.

So, if Callahan is on the Rangers for eight seasons, you have to wait four seasons before you can wear it again.

In other words, put those Alfredsson Senators jerseys away. It's going to be along time before they're eligible to come out again...

Uh...no. Alfie jerseys are always eligible, acceptable clothing in Ottawa, even when we are playing the wings....especially if we play the wings...

Yashin on the other hand...still get jeers every now and then for wearing him,

Uh...no. Alfie jerseys are always eligible, acceptable clothing in Ottawa, even when we are playing the wings....especially if we play the wings...

Yashin on the other hand...still get jeers every now and then for wearing him,

I think the rule changes depending on the situation and how the player left.

You see quite a few Silfverberg jerseys at games. There are a few Alfie haters, but his jersey is considered a classic. Nobody would be mad about a Fisher jersey.

I think Daigle jerseys are more ironic and comical than hated. Yashin jerseys still seem to get some resentment, but it was 14 years ago, so I think a lot of fans are younger and not as attached to Yashin. Heatley is the ultimate inappropriate Senators jersey. You can't give away a Heatley jersey in Ottawa because nobody wants to wear them....

But hey, if you ever stumble upon a cheap Reebok Heatley jersey, strip the A, strip the name bar, bargain Zack Smith.

Well, there are exceptions to every rule. Yea, I wouldn't think an Yashin jersey would ever be a good idea. : O

When a player isn't traded, I want to get another EDGE 2.0 and get Brodeur put on it. Not sure why, because I have a Brodeur Ultrafil, but still.