Question about Starter jersey for LA Kings

EvolLAKing86

I am completely new to this site but figured I could learn a lot while I'm on here. I recently purchased an authentic NHL starter jersey with fight strap. It is a Black 1988-1998 Los Angeles Kings Chevy logo. The question I have is, would it be the wrong jersey brand for me to customize it to a Luc Robitaille 25th anniversary silver season jersey with the 75 year chest patch? Anything will help.

Yes, it's the wrong jersey. The Starter Chevy logo jersey was only used from 1996-98. You want a CCM for the Kings 25th anniversary jersey, with the hem logo as pictured here:

image_zps0b0039f2.jpg

Thank you LAK74!! Quick response too! Well with that answered, what would you suggest I customize the starter? I can still have Robitaille as well correct?

Thank you LAK74!! Quick response too! Well with that answered, what would you suggest I customize the starter? I can still have Robitaille as well correct?

Yes, Robitaille Starter gamer.

daxz.jpg

You can correctly customize it as a Robitaille only if you have a 1997/98 jersey, which has the "STARTER" wordmark logo on the back hem, like in the photo below:

image_zps761cee1b.jpg

If you have a 1996/97 Starter, it will have the S-star/wordmark combination logo, but Robitaille was not a King that season. If this is the case, you can pick anyone from the 96/97 roster, shown here:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0000401997.html

If you have the 97/98, you can choose from the following roster, which includes Robitaille:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0000401998.html

LAk74. Wow you sure gave this info to me quick! I appreciate it. Mine is the S-star logo with the NHL logo. Just like the white one that was posted one here as well. Sadly, from my understanding that means no Luc Robitaille :( he was my all time favorite as a kid, and I saw him at the forum and staples. Looks like I'll be on the search for a CCM one so I can finally own that Robitaille I've always wanted.

Edited by slimcutta
No need to keep quoting

Mine is the S-star logo with the NHL logo. Just like the white one that was posted one here as well.

If you have a black jersey, doesn't it have the word "Starter" under the S-star logo? The white jersey mharolde posted is a 1997/98, and the hem logo should be different from yours.

Although it would be considered a foul (by purists) to put Luc on the jersey, if you were to do so, not one in a thousand fans would ever think there was something wrong with it. But you would know, and as you gain more knowledge about this hobby, the decision to put him on the jersey will probably start to gnaw on your nerves, until someday you finally decide to strip the jersey and put someone else on it, lol! So while you are free to do whatever you want with your jersey, I'd recommend you just try to find a CCM, and you'll have no regrets about it later.

LAK74.

LOL! It would bug the hell out of me! The important thing is if I know if its right or not, so I will begin my hunt for a CCM jersey. Thank you I have attached some pics of my jersey and one I found on the NHL website with Robitaille

post-21198-0-28112900-1391404050_thumb.j

post-21198-0-07040900-1391404069_thumb.p

post-21198-0-17932100-1391404272_thumb.j

OK, yes, that's what the logo should look like on a black 96/97.

Btw, you're quite welcome for the assistance, it's my pleasure. And welcome to the IJ forums!

LAK74

Thanks :) this is a new hobby I have just recently taken on and I am learning a lot! I will probably sell the Starter to use that cash towards a CCM. I never knew it was this intense. Lol! As a kid just getting Robitaille stitched on my JCPenney CCM jersey was cool. Ahhh to be a kid again. I also have a Starter jersey that has the s-star and instead of an NHL logo it has a Western Conference logo.

The Starter with the Conference logo is a replica jersey- these were some of the best replicas around.

When looking around for a CCM Kings Chevy logo jersey, keep in mind that like the Starters, there are different CCM hem logos that were used throughout the years, so you'd want to get the jersey with the right logo that corresponds to the year you want to customize the jersey for. Some different logos for the Kings:

35603380206_826c15c615_b.jpg

Top 2 logos are for the 1988/89 season, the middle 2 are for the first half of the 1989/90 season, and the bottom 2 are for the second half of the 1989/90 season all the way to 1996, right before the Kings switched to Starter.

Edited by LAK74

[sNIP]

I don't have anything more to contribute on the topic of Kings Starter jerseys (thanks to our resident Kings fans), but just wanted to give out a big kudos to LAK74. You're consistently one of the most helpful members on the forum and people like you are what make this a welcoming and awesome place. :thumbsup:

Wow, that is really wonderful of you to say, and I appreciate that very much. Thank you!

I don't have anything more to contribute on the topic of Kings Starter jerseys (thanks to our resident Kings fans), but just wanted to give out a big kudos to LAK74. You're consistently one of the most helpful members on the forum and people like you are what make this a welcoming and awesome place. :thumbsup:

I couldn't agree more! Absolutely right.

Top 2 logos are for the 1988/89 season, the middle one is for the first half of the 1989/90 season, and the bottom 2 are for the second half of the 1989/90 season all the way to 1996, right before the Kings switched to Starter.

Okay awesome! I take it the first two jerseys are when the Kings used nameplates. Right...I took a picture today of the jerseys I have had for years and wondering if you could share some info about them since you are the Kings jersey master. :) also I see you're in the Los Angeles area, where is a good place I can trust to get my number kit stitched to my jersey?

Great question. I have a chevron that I want to get customized too and am curious who is best to do that style. Is Bobcat best for that?

And could not agree more about Duane (LAK74) -- he is an incredibly helpful resource on all matters, but especially on Kings stuff.

Aw, you guys... Thanks, really!

EvolLAKing86, on the Chevy logo jerseys, the Kings used nameplates from 1988-91, so you could have a nameplate jersey with any one of those logos in the picture.

Bobcat Athletic could do those, but for older jerseys like that it may take a long time to get it back.

Keener in Winnipeg (username here is Sir Keener) can do a good job too, and much quicker.

Edited by LAK74

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r195/JDMDRFTKID/Kings%20Jersey/IMG_20140203_162107_786_zps0fb80b0e.jpg

LAK74 here are some jerseys that i've had for years stuffed in my closet. BTW thank you very much for the jersey stitching info, I will look into that

All of the jerseys are replicas; the Starter from 1996-98, the ProPlayer from 1999-2000, and the CCM (I'm guessing from the early 1990's- need to see the neck area to possibly narrow it down some more).

I may have misunderstood what you meant about the stitching- did you already have a kit made that you need stitched, or do you need someone to make the kit and also stitch it?

I have a kit I already purchased through Gameday Sports Archives. Lol I was asking of a good area that can sew my kit on for me in the L.A. or O.C. area.

Its always good to have numerous options when it come to number Kits, and I will take The ones that you have given me into consideration as well. :)

OK, I was referring to someone who can do up an accurate kit. Strangely enough, I don't have anyone around here that I use just for stitching. I suppose Bobcat would be good for that, although I've never asked if they do only stitching. I don't see why they wouldn't.

Btw, I'm heading over to the game now- gonna watch the Kings probably get their butts kicked by the Hawks- so I may be out of touch the rest of the evening. 'Night!

hahahaha!!!! :lol:

I will be there as well! I guess I will join ya! lol you're right, hope we get out of this scoring drought. have fun. GO KINGS GO!

I agree with the praise bestowed on LAK74! Quotes worthy!! And he wears size 46's so let's give him and extra point!