Holy Crap...Authentic Team Canada price!!

Tazer19

Hello all,

I just got an email from River City saying they now have the authentic on ice Team Canada jerseys for the '14 Games....

Look at the price...!!!!!!

Absolutely crazy....

https://www.rivercitysports.com/US/details-06.cfm?sku=186793

That price is absurd.

Yea give it a bit and then the price will be half I will look at the Nike outlet in a few months .they only go to size 58 and on a swift jersey that is small and tight

That price is absurd.

Totally agreed....I got 3 or 4 Canada '10 for that price....

Wish we could get some USAs...

Is the USA going to sell authentics??

It's awful. I bought the replica instead. Might buy one if the price goes down but that's insane

size 50? Wouldn't that be like an extra extra small in Nike sizing?

If these new Olympics fit like the '10s, yes. My size 54 2010 swift fits like a size 46 in 6100s. A 50 would be like a youth XL if they're sized the same. But I must say, it seems like Nike is trying to make the replica jerseys look like long sleeved shirts. The replicas I've seen don't look like hockey jerseys at all, so it that has any influence on how they size authentic jerseys - who knows?

If these new Olympics fit like the '10s, yes. My size 54 2010 swift fits like a size 46 in 6100s. A 50 would be like a youth XL if they're sized the same. But I must say, it seems like Nike is trying to make the replica jerseys look like long sleeved shirts. The replicas I've seen don't look like hockey jerseys at all, so it that has any influence on how they size authentic jerseys - who knows?

I hate the replicas. I tried to will myself to buy a USA replica from 's. They had a white size XL in stock and when I tried it on the sleeves were like 3 inches too short, it was too tight in my shoulders and lats, and it was noticeably long. I have a muscular build but have no issues wearing an XL in anything, or a 52-56 in authentics. This really solidified the fact I would not be buying a 2014 replica.

@Bobacat1988: in regards to your question, YES, yes i would. depending how bad i would really want it. not close to $450, but $370 is pretty close.

Ha. I remember seeing that picture before. Love it.

I think I spent $330 on a blank Shawinigan (QMJHL) Edge 2.0 jersey. As it turns out, I probably could have gotten it for like $125 if I were willing to wait for them to appear on eBay and strip a nobody gamer -- but I wanted mine to be perfect. As fate would have it, the team botched the customization job and I had to strip it anyway and send it out to someone else.

My issue is that I don't like the Nike jerseys, which seems to be a pretty common belief. I can't imagine paying $500+ for a customized authentic jersey made of a material I don't like with a mediocre design. Your mileage may vary, of course.

I am curious to hear how many people would actually drop $450 on a blank USA authentic. Despite kind of wanting one, I wouldn't spend that.

I think I spent $330 on a blank Shawinigan (QMJHL) Edge 2.0 jersey. As it turns out, I probably could have gotten it for like $125 if I were willing to wait for them to appear on eBay and strip a nobody gamer -- but I wanted mine to be perfect. As fate would have it, the team botched the customization job and I had to strip it anyway and send it out to someone else.

That's what you get for ordering some fruitty cupper jersey from Quebec. :noway:

I don't think I'd pay that much either, but if they at least made them they might make it to a sale somewhere if that was the retail price and become doable eventually.

I am sure retailers are dying to order jerseys that they would have to sell at a loss eventually. :lol:

Ha. I remember seeing that picture before. Love it.

My issue is that I don't like the Nike jerseys, which seems to be a pretty common belief. I can't imagine paying $500+ for a customized authentic jersey made of a material I don't like with a mediocre design. Your mileage may vary, of course.

I am curious to hear how many people would actually drop $450 on a blank USA authentic. Despite kind of wanting one, I wouldn't spend that.

From the team or someone else?

So how do the Nike authentic compare to the edge jerseys. I'm a 46 in Edge and M in the Nike replicas. Just trying to figure that out with the comments that the nike sizing is small

So how do the Nike authentic compare to the edge jerseys. I'm a 46 in Edge and M in the Nike replicas. Just trying to figure that out with the comments that the nike sizing is small

I'd say a 50 Edge is a 54 in the Nike Swift in my experiences, so it might be adding 4 to your edge size.

Here's the usual formula which is similar to the all star game. Everyone retailer offers the flavor of the month jersey at full blown $400 retail. Then as soon as the event is over and nobody bit at the full price it's a price cut war. Just watch eBay and the Nike outlets and sporting good stores. This happens every year with the asg and every Olympics with team Canada jerseys. Only worth the $ now if you can't live without one, however most collectors want to wait and see the team performance and player performance before getting one done anyways. Would have been kinda stupid to get a Stamkos pre order don't you think.... I'm sure some people did.

The challenge in my mind is that sport chek, pro hockey life and other traditional retailers never picked up the authentics.

So perhaps the Icejerseys current deal with 15% off $450 is the best we will get for a long while.

My local nike outlets don't even have the Olympic jersey replicas for sale.

Long story short is I want a black authentic but unsure if the prices will ever drop