Sochi Olympic Hockey Discussion

guam64

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had no idea what you were referring to until I changed the channel. I saw those numbers on their jerseys and thought I'd have to break out my welding mask!

That's doable when the ice surface is 3x the size of an NHL rink

I really like these 90s retro jerseys the Czechs and Latvians are wearing, they went as far as putting Nedved and Ozolinsh's names on them.

Can Hockey Canada please swallow their pride and scratch Chris Kunitz for the remainder of the tournament before he makes a bigger mockery of the Red Maple Leaf. What a waste of a pick.

Can Hockey Canada please swallow their pride and scratch Chris Kunitz for the remainder of the tournament before he makes a bigger mockery of the Red Maple Leaf. What a waste of a pick.

That's what Ive been saying

Going to have to pick up bagels tomorrow morning for the USA game. I hate the stupid time zone differences

FINALLY got to see an Olympic hockey game, and what a game! ESPN has the broadcast rights for Latin America, so each morning I’ve been watching the salad of events they present. The announcers try hard, but these guys are more accustomed to calling a game where 22 men in shorts run around kicking a ball. It’s quite obvious they’ve taken crash courses in winter Olympic events. One day they had curling on for about 45 minutes. All I could think of was, “What a waste of a sheet of ice.” The guys doing the USA – Russia game today actually did a pretty good job, although at one point they made reference to the LA Kings being the reigning Stanley Cup champions.

Regarding the game, I love the larger ice surface. Wish the NHL would go to that, but it would probably mean removing too many paying seats from the arenas. The penalty shots added excitement, though I wish they couldn’t send the same player out again and again.

Looking forward to the remaining games.

Was a pretty wild game but I can't help but laugh at the rules of international shootouts. Allowing a player to shoot over and over again makes it less of a team game and more individual based.

On another note, those white Russian jerseys are beautiful

lol at the jagr gif. he is god

It reminded me of watching Toews in the Juniors, Not sure how I feel about the same people going all the time, but as a neutral, it was a ton of fun to watch

Brooks Orpik is a bigger black hole and disgrace to #MURICA than the city of Shitsburgh. Too bad Shawn Thornton couldn't finish the job. :noway: