Sochi Olympic Hockey Discussion

guam64

Anybody who thinks the NHL should play on the bigger ice should go punch themselves in the face right now. I thought bigger ice would mean more offense but all these euro teams just sit back and play defense the whole game. Most of these games have been horrible to watch. The Swiss with 2 goals for and 1 against in 3 games is by far the worst. So pissed Canada has to play them in the quarters.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anybody who thinks the NHL should play on the bigger ice should go punch themselves in the face right now. I thought bigger ice would mean more offense but all these euro teams just sit back and play defense the whole game. Most of these games have been horrible to watch. The Swiss with 2 goals for and 1 against in 3 games is by far the worst. So pissed Canada has to play them in the quarters.

OH BOOHOO POOR CANADA ACTUALLY HAS TO BRING ACTUAL HOCKEY TALENT TO INTERNATIONAL HOCKEY INSTEAD OF RELYING ON CHEAPSHOT TRASH LIKE KUNITZ

OH BOOHOO POOR CANADA ACTUALLY HAS TO BRING ACTUAL HOCKEY TALENT TO INTERNATIONAL HOCKEY INSTEAD OF RELYING ON CHEAPSHOT TRASH LIKE KUNITZ

Yeah we need more stand up guys like Mr 20 cent Mafia patty kane.

This international Olympic tournament is leaps and bounds better than the NHL any day...bring on more open ice and all the top talent playing for their countries any day. When it goes back to the boring NHL you will lose a lot of the fans that love watching the game the way it is suppose to be played during the Olympics!

This international Olympic tournament is leaps and bounds better than the NHL any day...bring on more open ice and all the top talent playing for their countries any day. When it goes back to the boring NHL you will lose a lot of the fans that love watching the game the way it is suppose to be played during the Olympics!

Am I in opposite land?

Favorite Team(s): New York Rangers / New York Islanders

Favorite Player(s): Callahan / Tavares

How is that even possible?

Must be some split personality disorder or something :)

Must not know much about hockey either. "The way that team played the neutral zone trap all game and won 1-0 was so amazing to watch. So much better then the NHL."

Must not know much about hockey either. "The way that team played the neutral zone trap all game and won 1-0 was so amazing to watch. So much better then the NHL."

BOOHOO YOU ACTUALLY HAVE TO WIN AS A TEAM ON THE BIG RINK INSTEAD OF RELYING ON INDIVIDUAL TALENT LIKE THE CANADIANS WANT TO DO

Canada: Where it's all about winning through grit, heart, and desire, unless someone else does it better, then they whine about it being boring and unwatchable. :lol:

Am I in opposite land?

Nope. I don't see the allure of huge rinks with just all-stars. Give me an improbable hero on a 4th line like, say Brian Boyle! Neutralize the stars and then watch in disbelief as he lumbers towards the goal and scores!

Every ref who officiated this Women's GMG should be permanently banned from refereeing again

Oh CAN A DA. The Kessel family sure has a thing about blowing two goal leads late in 3rd periods don't they. Much happier about this one though.

Phil to Amanda.....been there, done that.

Every ref who officiated this Women's GMG should be permanently banned from refereeing again

Wow can't believe I'm agreeing with TMLFAN on this, but it had nothing to do with the refs. It was that USA blew a 2 goal lead with 5 min left in the game.

The refs were bad both ways. The lineswomen threw the best hit of the game on the Canadian at the blue line. The empty netter goes in and it's the Canadians complaining about the refs. Bottom line is the us blew it worse than Patrick Chan.

It was a lose-lose for the US in that game anyway. Even without the choke, Canada would have just bitched about their best player Crosby not playing in that game.