Help with Ovehckin Jersey

shandy_man

So I'm thinking of getting an Black Ovie jersey....should I get his jersey with or without the A?

post-619-1180995194_thumb.jpg

post-619-1180995204_thumb.jpg

Ultimately the decision is yours to make, but me personally I would get the A. Since next year the Caps are changing uniforms, might as well get the black the last way he wore it.

Ironically, I just purchased an Capitals "A" off ebay for mine. This is the last season that the jersey will be worn and since he wore the alternate captain's A as the picture shows, more stuff on the jersey will look sharp. :thumbsup:

I'd get the A. I was debating for Gaborik but he only wore the A in pre-season from the photos I saw that's not really an NHL game.

I'd get the A. I was debating for Gaborik but he only wore the A in pre-season from the photos I saw that's not really an NHL game.

Gaborik did wear the "A" near the end of the 05-06 season and I bought an "A" for my alt jersey then. This year was preseason only.

The Ovechkin for me would depend on when he wore the "A". I usually use any excuse to add a letter or a patch to a jersey and if he wore the "A" his rookie year, I wouldn't hesitate to get it.

If he only wore it his second year, then I'd have to think about it a bit. See, if he did not wear it the first season, and you leave it off, you can say it's "his Calder Cup Winner jersey".

Another option, and this is what I would personally do, is leave the "A" off of it and add a "NHL Cares/Katrina" patch to it.

oviekat.jpg

This patch was worn during the first period of his first ever NHL game on Oct. 10, 2005, when he scored two goals in a Capitals win. Game recap

You can not only say it's from "his Calder Cup Winning season" but that it's "his NHL debut jersey". Cool, huh?

That would give you a patched jersey you could say was from a significant, specific date from his rookie season, and those patches have been showing up on ebay the last few weeks for $20.

I just added an "A" to my own black Capitals authentic Ovie jersey. Looks pretty sharp.

alrighty...I went with the A like some of you guys said...I was really wondering if I should go for more of the "Rookie Season" look or just the Sophmore look. Then I decided..well If I really hate it I could get it removed and if I liked it, It wouldn't cost me any extra. Got a good deal on the jersey too....222 canadian delivered. :thumbsup: