CCM taking over CHL branding on dark jerseys?

The Peterborough Petes unveiled their new jerseys yesterday, and the dark ones feature CCM branding on the chest.

0226-pet-newunis.jpg?format=750w

Will this be CHL-wide next year?

The just put the "C" and "A's" around the branding logo. It looks especially crowded when they have the Memorial Cup patches too.

2012_MMC_MVP_Chaput0155.jpg

Also, there wasn't any branding on the front of the home and away jerseys this year, so I'm surprised to see that it's back.

The crazy thing though is that the red jersey doesn't have branding. Is that because it's meant to be used for the captain or assistant captain or is it because the red jersey isn't meant to have branding on the front? Will the red jerseys for anyone without an A or C have branding in that area?

The just put the "C" and "A's" around the branding logo. It looks especially crowded when they have the Memorial Cup patches too.

[Chaput Memorial Cup MVP pic]

I couldn't be more thrilled to see the example picture you chose. The front of the jersey certainly looks cluttered, especially with the massive crest, but at the same time it's awesome.

IMG_3681.JPG

Hahaha, that's awesome. And yes, it is a beautiful jersey. One of my favourites in the Q for sure.

The crazy thing though is that the red jersey doesn't have branding. Is that because it's meant to be used for the captain or assistant captain or is it because the red jersey isn't meant to have branding on the front? Will the red jerseys for anyone without an A or C have branding in that area?

The Petes aren't changing their maroon jersey, so the team captain in the picture is likely wearing his 2013-14 jersey. I would bet that it has Reebok wordmark branding on the back (note-- that is the branding he has on the socks). Next year's jersey will have the CCM branding (they all will).

CCM and Reebok these days are the same company on the hockey front. I've heard a variety of things about Reebok leaving or not leaving the hockey side of things and just moving everything to the CCM label. Right now in terms of equipment both brands share the same catalog, they're just two different lines much how Bauer puts out three different lines of gear under it's own name. If this were the case and Reebok folds the equipment and jerseys into the CCM name I don't think this would change anything for us, we'd still get the same crappy Edge jerseys coming out of the same factory but they'd just have the CCM brand on them. The days of ultrafil are long gone sadly....well as a collector I'll say sadly, as somebody who plays I say goodbye as those things are warm as hell playing in.

There's also the rumor that Addidas, Reebok's parent company that owns them and CCM, may start putting their name on hockey jerseys and spinning Reebok off to just be a fitness brand.

There's also the rumor that Addidas, Reebok's parent company that owns them and CCM, may start putting their name on hockey jerseys and spinning Reebok off to just be a fitness brand.

There's been numerous rumors. The only thing I can tell you is based on the catalog, Reebok will be around in hockey for at least 1 more year.

• 6 months later...