Trade Deadline Thread

guam64

Gillis is trying his hardest to take away the worst GM in league title from Garth Snow. Doesn't trade Luongo to the Leafs last year because he didn't want to retain salary. Trades Schneider instead for horvat. Now trades Luongo to the Panthers and retains salary as part of the deal. Could have still had Schneider + Kadri and whatever else the Leafs were offering.

Idiot

It's a mix day for ranger fans. Yes It's a little disappointing seeing Callahan go but he's not worth what he wants plus they don't lose nothing in the short term and will not be stuck with a bad contract down the road if they gave what Callahan wanted.

I can't even look at Facebook. At least there's real hockey fans that understand contracts on here. I didn't want to see him go at all, but money is what runs teams. Now they can resign several guys they need to tend to after the season. Plus, I think I'd rather have Marty putting pucks in the net than Cally sitting every other game due to injury come April.

I really liked Cally and I'll miss him being on the team, but honestly this is a great trade for the Rangers. Marty has nearly twice as many goals this year as any of the Rangers, let alone Callahan who only had 11.

I'm still shocked that all we gave up was Cally and some scratch off tickets (picks) and didn't have to throw in Stepan or Krieder.

Before any other media reported it, I was actually thinking of him finishing in Montreal with the weight of the gold around Price's scrawny neck injuring him. It would be kind of nice to see him play for his hometown in at least one playoff game before retiring, although I love to see any successful franchise goaltender play their entire career for just one team, like Mike Richter and even...ummm. DiPietro :P

*Internet bro-fist for the Price comment* I'd love to see Marty in MTL, even just for the end of the season. Plus, with the passing of his father I think it'd be a very fitting tribute to Denis' legacy.

Gaborik traded to the Kings.

Cally's initial demand was apparently 8yrs for $7.5m per! I know you're mean't to go in high but come on. This is an excellent bit of business provided they go all out now/next year.

lol Halak is still living off that playoff performance. He will get roasted in Washington. He couldnt even cut it in St. Louis - its not getting easier with Green and Erskine in front of you. He's more overrated than Troy Brouwer.

Gillis is trying his hardest to take away the worst GM in league title from Garth Snow. Doesn't trade Luongo to the Leafs last year because he didn't want to retain salary. Trades Schneider instead for horvat. Now trades Luongo to the Panthers and retains salary as part of the deal. Could have still had Schneider + Kadri and whatever else the Leafs were offering.

Idiot

And here comes Garth Snow at the last second saying "not so fast Gillis. This is my crown." So basically Snow gives up a top 5 pick to GET RID of Matt Moulson. Party on Garth.

• 11 months later...

The Leafs were able to trade away the worst contract in the NHL. Anything is possible tomorrow.