Screwed me...

Tazer19

After talking privately with a couple members who I look up to and are great to this hobby I have decided to let you all know who the member is...

CHBHAWKS
Member Since 22 Nov 2011
OFFLINE Last Active Mar 12 2014 02:42 PM

I have NOT gotten a response to my PM to him....

​But after knowing I put my reputation on the line with Chris saying he was a friend of mine and he screwed me....like a few of you said this hobby is built on trust...making deals...I have a few people here I deal with and when we make a deal for a jersey-the darn jersey is at my doorstep before payment is even made-that's what makes this hobby so awesome is the people...I will offer to make good with TTS and pay for the rip off because I have been dealing with TTS for so long...

Sorry CHBHAWKS but you did it to yourself....

Perhaps move this to the main NHL page for more exposure?

It certainly wasn't me, but when I'm signed in on my phone, it seems to always default me to sign in anonymously for some reason.

haha...that was more of j/k man. :ninja: I was thinking "look he's lurking"...

Anyway, since his last activity are we sure this guy isn't in a coma or something? Let's make sure of that and then get the pitchforks. :fight:

haha...that was more of j/k man. :ninja: I was thinking "look he's lurking"...

No worries. I was trying to point more toward the fact that he probably doesn't care enough to even look at the forum.

Showing there were any anonymous viewers just didn't prove he was reading this. He probably still hasn't.

Perhaps move this to the main NHL page for more exposure?

So more people can raise their pitch forks and lanterns? To what end?

There's no question this guy needs to man up and take some accountability, but do any of you really think sending out the lynch mob is going to solve anything?

If there was any possibility of him trying to make amends, it’s almost certainly gone now.

But after knowing I put my reputation on the line with Chris saying he was a friend of mine and he screwed me....like a few of you said this hobby is built on trust...making deals...I have a few people here I deal with and when we make a deal for a jersey-the darn jersey is at my doorstep before payment is even made

Stephen, you and I have dealt with each other quite a bit, it's obvious you're a great guy inside and out of the hobby, and I consider you a good friend. There are many other members here who fit that very same mold, and we all have those guys who we'd all trust, no questions asked, but you can't just put a blanket trust on the hobby itself. We've already seen enough examples here, let alone all the vultures on ebay (and elsewhere) who're just out to make a buck any way they can. There will always be people out to screw you, and some (Selanne8 comes to mind) that don't necessarily do it intentionally, they just make a bad decision.

As far as putting your reputation on the line, and I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I know that if I'm dealing with you, Mike in NJ, Francisco, that jurk TMLfan, to give a few examples, I'm putting my reputation on the line with Chris at TTS no questions asked. But if I’m dealing with a member I don’t know, has 58 active posts since 2011, and the last was at the start of Dec, I’m not exactly sticking my neck out for him.

So the member tells me he has 2 jerseys with TTS and that he needs the jerseys by a certain date to take them on a trip to see the Hawks plays and if I could contact TTS to make sure he had them for the game trip...

Again, I can only speak for myself, but right from the start I’m asking – “Yo, CHBHAWKS, why aren’t you asking TTS yourself? Chris is great to deal with, he’ll let you know right away if they can do it or not.

‘cause if TTS told him they couldn’t do it, I’m pretty sure CHBHAWKS wouldn’t then run to you to ask the same favor after they’d already turned him down…and if that was the case that he did, ask yourself – would you make the call and vouch for him then?

Sorry CHBHAWKS but you did it to yourself....

Why are you apologizing to him as if he’s now, seemingly, paying the consequences for making a mistake?

If he was genuinely just out to screw you, he did this to you, and I don’t mean to be rude, but you partly did this to yourself.

Moving forward, I agree with everyone that it’s important to spread the word about things like this so that others don’t get screwed, but all it really seems to serve is to make this guy disappear faster, which he’s probably totally fine with.

YOU DONE GOOFED NOW CHBHAWKS WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE

YOU GONNA GIT IT SO HARD YO SISTER AND MAMMA ARE GUNNA FEEL IT

If there was any chance that this guy would have taken some accountability, dropping his name and setting guam free probably isn’t the way to go about making that happen.

To CHBHAWKS – if you haven’t disappeared yet, and weren’t intentionally trying to screw over our friend Stephen, even if you never return here or deal with TTS again, please, at minimum, man up and send him some money to cover for your mistake. You should be dealing with TTS to fix any issues.

Wow this is all lies I paid Chris two weeks ago I am shocked to read this... Yes he placed the patches and captain Cs in the wrong place but I never ever intended on ripping anyone off? Where did this come from? I spoke to Chris and told him I was unhappy and he suggested I pay for return shipping to correct the issues? So rather doing that I got them fixed locally and sent the bill to Chris and he was kind ebought to minus what I owe him and I paid the bill in full minus the fees that it cost me to fix please stop spreading false rumors about me. I'm sorry I haven't been around lately to defend myself I'm pretty busy with family contact Chris at tts if u you don't believe me bill is paid for in full!!!!!

Ok, shutting this down before it goes crazy.

CHB, message Tazer directly and get this resolve, pls.

Both of you keep me informed of what's going on via PM.

I'll try and clear this up once resolved.

I also take back what I said about TMLfan. He's actually quite amazing.

Hello everyone,

I would like to let you all know the status of my previous post in regards to a member not paying a bill for jersey work...

When the member joined the post and stated that he did contact the business and made payment and worked it all out I immediately put a call in to the business...at the time the owner was not available and the employee took the info and said they were swamped but would get back to me...

As of this post I have not heard back from them...

In the 4 or 5 days since I posted about this I have had a traumatic family experience and need to focus solely on my daughter...I have not had anytime to do anything else let alone worry about this...

Most of you know pretty well and know My Blackhawks and collecting jerseys are what makes my day but my kids are what makes my life...

I know the business-they are bad with returning calls etc...maybe I should have waited it out before I posted...

So, in ending...I apologize to the members-I should have had more thorough info...and to the member you should have responded to my PM much much faster but that is neither here nor there...

I hope we can all forgive and forget...this is supposed to be a place we have fun and come to get away from the everyday stresses of life-not create it...

On a side note...A Thank You out to Slim...

He was in constant contact to make this all right...doing a great job on the boards to make this place someplace fun to go...

Sorry I could not get the proper info to you soon enough...I apologize for the mess...

Thanks for the kind words, Stephen.

Barring any further substantial developments, I think we'll put this to bed now.

FYI to the boards - Both Tazer and CHB have been quite responsive with me, and both offered whatever info they could to try get to the bottom of this.

I know Stephen personally and can vouch for him, but I also feel the need to point out that CHB appears to be an honest guy himself, and the fact that he didn't just run away and that he was willing to help, despite the mob rule, kinda shows that he wasn't just trying to screw another member.

Since TTS/Chris hasn't been able to get back to Stephen, I asked CHB if he wanted to post in reply to Tazer, as well as to give us feedback re this whole experiencing, especially considering if he's paid like he says he has and TTS did mess up his jerseys, not only do we owe him an apology, it serves as feedback for the service that one member experienced using TTS.

His reply -

I would rather just move on and please close my account I have enough everyday stress to deal with but I do thank you so much for contacting me and looking out for me. Rest assured the bill has been paid. I don't scam people. And if you would like to quote my expiencd with tts go ahead.

"The quality of work is ok but they don't stand out from any of the other customizer that I have dealt with. Their customer service is brutal.

Very slow to return phone calls or emails.

But quick to send invoices. I will not use them again.

Something as simple as placing the captains c in is so difficult?

Not to mention the constant runaround that everytime I could get a hold of someone (not Chris) he was never available to talk to. They would say the jersey would go out tommorow and this went on for 4 weeks! I was originally promised the jerseys in 2-4 weeks and it ended up being 8 weeks.

WTF IS THIS

I WAS PROMISED A LYNCH MOB

I SEE NO LYNCH MOB HERE

DOWN WITH SLIMCUTTA

lol

WTF IS THIS

I WAS PROMISED A LYNCH MOB

I SEE NO LYNCH MOB HERE

DOWN WITH SLIMCUTTA

I like that we can joke about this and move forward....that is why I love this hobby and its members so much...thank you everyone....

Some of the things he said about TTS do ring true. Unfortunate to see someone leave over a dispute that doesn't seem like it was necessary.

• 2 weeks later...