Need help with Avalanche jersey!

ARightByRoy

So I've decided that I wanted to start a new jersey project; it's actually been quite some time but I've run into some snags (no pun) intended.

I am trying to procure a size 58 Edge 2.0 "wordmark" Burgundy Colorado Avalanche home jersey blank. For the life of me, I cannot find one ANYWHERE. I've tried e-bay for months without any luck and Avalanche jerseys (and lots of other Avs merchandise) seems to be even harder to find retail. Super frustrating.

Anyway- I have a couple of ideas

A) Find a blank retail- does anyone know if you can purchase these retail anywhere? I've looked at Altitude Authentics and have never been able to find anything other than lots of premiers and already customized Edge jerseys.

B ) Purchase a Game-Issued jersey through MeiGray, strip it, and have Denver Athletic Re-Do it.

1. For those of you who use Denver Athletic on a frequent basis; will they strip a jersey and then re-do it or do you need to send it in stripped and have them start from scratch.

2. For those of you have stripped an Avalanche Edge jersey nameplate; what is the difficulty level here? I've never stripped an edge nameplate before and I REALLY don't want to cause more of a problem.

Any help from other Avalanche jersey collectors (and other knowledgeable folks) would be awesome!

Thanks guys!

I'd go Meigray. You can get a no-name player in a game issue or training camp at a price that's pretty close to retail, especially if you wait a few more months for the summer sale. Plus, your size is very common for players to wear so you're likely to find what you're looking for. And - whatever you find at retail will be an Indo-Edge and those aren't really authentic jerseys.

Denver Athletic does not strip jerseys, so you'll have to either brave it yourself or pay for the service at another vendor. As for the nameplate, don't bother stripping off the letters yourself or paying for someone else to do it. DA has plate material for the Edge jerseys, so just have whoever strips the jersey take the plate off and discard. DA will start fresh and create the whole new plate for you with new material. I've never stripped an Edge, so I'll let others jump in and give their expertise.

Good luck.

So I've decided that I wanted to start a new jersey project; it's actually been quite some time but I've run into some snags (no pun) intended.

I am trying to procure a size 58 Edge 2.0 "wordmark" Burgundy Colorado Avalanche home jersey blank. For the life of me, I cannot find one ANYWHERE. I've tried e-bay for months without any luck and Avalanche jerseys (and lots of other Avs merchandise) seems to be even harder to find retail. Super frustrating.

Anyway- I have a couple of ideas

A) Find a blank retail- does anyone know if you can purchase these retail anywhere? I've looked at Altitude Authentics and have never been able to find anything other than lots of premiers and already customized Edge jerseys.

B) Purchase a Game-Issued jersey through MeiGray, strip it, and have Denver Athletic Re-Do it.

1. For those of you who use Denver Athletic on a frequent basis; will they strip a jersey and then re-do it or do you need to send it in stripped and have them start from scratch.

2. For those of you have stripped an Avalanche Edge jersey nameplate; what is the difficulty level here? I've never stripped an edge nameplate before and I REALLY don't want to cause more of a problem.

Any help from other Avalanche jersey collectors (and other knowledgeable folks) would be awesome!

Thanks guys!

As you've figured out, 2.0s are TOUGH to come by. I'd like to grab all of the 58+ 2.0s (Reebok logo or word mark) that I can. I literally have patches waiting for jerseys. I have run into maybe two since they switched to the Edge. One I got from MeiGray many years ago and one was on eBay for a crazy price so I left it alone. I want one, but I'm not willing to pay as much for a blank as I could get a game worn jersey for. That doesn't make sense. You're definitely not alone.

Your best bet is get a GI from MeiGray, have someone else strip it for you, and then send the jersey to Denver Athletic ot get lettered. I like to leave the stripping stuff to people that have way more experience than I do. When you care about your jerseys like we do it's important they get done right. If you experiment too much you may get a pull or two that is going to drive you nuts.

I've gone through this process a few times and it was been great.

Make sense?

Sounds like a solid plan gang- who do you send your jerseys to; to well, be stripped? What does something like that cost?

I actually have a Steve Downie team issued that I was planning on selling, but i think it's a size 54 so i'm guessing that won't work

Strip the 7 and add a 9 and you got a MacKinnon jersey.

Mackinnon wears a 56... Lol. If this matters. I just got my jersey from Meigrey to strip and send to DA and do as a Mack. And I'm in the same boat. I don't know if I should tackle it myself. Where the top of the namebar is placed it almost seems to over lap the seam that goes across the top of the back which makes for removal of the plate very difficult looking. Cause it looks like I could mess that up. But I think the numbers look relatively simple with a load of patience.

And ohhh... I like going the Meigrey game issue route. Obviously... It's what I did. Lol. But I hope you get something nice. Its funny you point that out. I never run into burgundy 2.0s either now that you point it out. I didn't realize that though.

I have certainly considered it, and no the size difference would not bother me personally

I just have a feeling that the avs' jerseys are more difficult to strip-- i've only ever stripped qmjhl jerseys which aren't the most well put together lol, one had scotch tape under the numbers

I actually have a Steve Downie team issued that I was planning on selling, but i think it's a size 54 so i'm guessing that won't work

What is the Downie? Burgundy, white or away

I have a Burgundy, White, and Alternate actually

Nice. I almost picked up a white one from this season But I got a Benoit instead because of the trade.