Any Interest in Union College Authentic Jerseys?

dsl135

We would essentially be asking him to just give us them for free though. He has no say in allowing us to buy them.

I had thought of this but I just don't see any way that it comes off as anything but us asking to take the jerseys away from a charitable cause.

If that happened we could donate the cost of the jerseys to whatever charity.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that happened we could donate the cost of the jerseys to whatever charity.

I actually came up with that and asked that they mention that to his agent as a last ditch effort.

Whatever rule they are looking at is being mis-interpreted.

It's certainly misinterpreted by someone because there are obviously some selling stuff, but they could be the ones misinterpreting the rule.

I actually came up with that and asked that they mention that to his agent as a last ditch effort.

Nice, good thinking

This whole experience was amazing.

I'd like to see Big A HG stick up for them now

:lol: Some sure do come special...

Anyways, the rules to selling player merchandise apply only to current athletes. Union and whomever is involved is just stupid and doesn't know the rules...or they know the rules and just don't want you to have the jerseys for whatever dumb reasons they've conjured up.

:lol: Some sure do come special...

Anyways, the rules to selling player merchandise apply only to current athletes. Union and whomever is involved is just stupid and doesn't know the rules...or they know the rules and just don't want you to have the jerseys for whatever dumb reasons they've conjured up.

Yourself included. Anyways, twas a joke, didn't know everyone around here was so sensitive.

Ok guys, this will likely be the last update on the situation, unfortunately.

On double-checking the rule, and compliance, regarding former players vs. current players:

"Just got the response back from our attorney. He states that the legal requirements are constantly evolving on the topic and there is too much at stake for moving off of our stance."

On possibly contacting Shayne's agent and allowing us to make a donation to charity in exchange for the jerseys:

"The suggestion you made was already brought up in our Wednesday meeting by another member of the college staff. The attorneys felt that this could be construed as manipulating the process which could put us on slippery legal ground. I wouldn't feel comfortable going against their recommendations."

So that's it guys. I've thanked them for their communication and really see no reason to try anything else. Its a dead issue.

Union must have hired a CPA from "hole school" instead of an attorney.

Weak. I expected better from a keyboard warrior like yourself. As if the grammar errors weren't blatantly on purpose, but you win, let it go.

• 1 month later...

Saw a Gostisbere Union jersey at the game tonight, may have been his mom but can't be certain.

They showed his parents on tv and neither were wearing a jersey.

Edited by dsl135

Well then I saw a, clear as day, Gostisbehere Union jersey haha.

Haha, I wonder if it was one of ours.

• 2 months later...

Ok, so I just saw this thread (I haven't been on in a few months, new kid, busy at work, and so on..). I went to Union, and was very excited to see this thread title.

then I read it. And I have to say, I am disappointed, but not that surprised at the administration's actions. As someone else mentioned, Ghost is the first big name player to come out of the program. Hockey is the only D1 program at Union, the rest are D3. We used to have a mean field hockey team, let me tell ya :)

I was so proud of my Dutchmen back in April. I did play by play for the team in 96-97. They sucked. So great to see them finally produce a few players (Kinkaid, Grosenick, and Ghost) who have played or will play in the NHL.

I have a replica jersey from 96, but the style has changed. Wish I could get one with a frozen four patch on it.

• 1 year later...

Wow guys.... here's something I never thought would happen. I have an update on this.

I contacted someone at Union based on a listing for game worn hockey jerseys. When I mentioned that I was interested in the player who wore #14, the guy mentioned they have some authentic Gostisbehere jerseys available.

So here's a picture of the white one, they also have maroon:

01496bd3-5980-4f01-8a01-fb970cdc1e01_zps

IMG_0095_zpsoryrn3ix.jpg

I just ordered mine in maroon. It was $260 shipped, and he's including an ECAC patch, as well. Make sure to mention that if you go for one.

If anyone is interested, contact Brian Speck at speckb@union.edu.

Edited by dsl135