Anaheim Ducks Jersey Customization

isleofspoons

I had a question on what company is currently doing customizations for The Anaheim Ducks. I have a gamer that I would like the name plate changed on, though the company that did the original customization no longer exists (sublistitch inc.). Also does anyone know if EPS or other companies do patch jobs to jerseys that have pretty minor tears in them?

If I may ask, why is it that you want to change the nameplate? Is it damaged, and if so was the damage from game use?

Is your gamer a 2008-09, and is the lettering kiss-cut? Since the Edge jersey was introduced in 2007, the Ducks have gone through at least 4 customizers, and at least half of them don't seem to work with the public at present.

The name plate is in tact, it's just not a player on the roster anymore, and they share a number with a player I really like but couldn't get a gamer from. The player I want it of couldn't possibly have the number during the season it's stamped and the version would be wrong as well so it wouldn't be something I would or could sell (though I have no desire to), just something I want to get signed for myself.

The sample of the stitch is found here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4NOYMssTOf9TDlZWFlMb1h6cVE/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4NOYMssTOf9SjJEN3dKZ1lqa0U/edit?usp=sharing

If the links don't work let me know (first time trying to share photos like this), also I'm unsure of what kiss-cut is, I've heard the term before in jerseys but I remain in the dark. I did like how you were able to know the year the jersey was from just by sublistitch (as it seems they only were around for a year).

Edited by isleofspoons

I'm not sure what most people would think about altering a gamer like that, but I'm not here to pass judgment on that issue.

I'll preface this by saying that I'm not an expert on Ducks customization. But based on what I do know, I would probably go with Cutting Edge Sports for a replacement nameplate. They were the team customizer right before Sublistitch, and they used kiss-cut lettering just like Sublistitch did. I also believe that Sublistitch's owner used to be the owner of Cutting Edge as well. Monkey Sports took over after Sublistitch, and they did kiss-cut lettering as well, but I've heard it said in this forum that they no longer customize Ducks jerseys for the public, but I don't know for sure if that's true. The current Ducks customizer for at least this season (and part of 2012-13, I believe) is a small local company- I don't even know their name, but I heard that the owner may have formerly worked with one of the previous Ducks team customizers. Their lettering is stacked, not kiss-cut (although I'm not saying they couldn't do it that way), but I haven't heard whether or not they deal directly with the public.

So out of all these options, Cutting Edge is probably the only one that for sure will deal with the public, and I might guess that their lettering might be the most similar (if not identical to) the lettering on your gamer. But again, I'm not an expert on this.

Edited by LAK74

So are the current Ducks jerseys stacked or kiss cut?

Let me clarify further for you what I am quite certain about regarding the Ducks lettering. In the lockout season, 2012-13, some of the Ducks gamers had MonkeySports 2011-12 season set tags in them. Some of these saw action in both seasons, according to Beckett Media, who sold the gamers. Other gamers used during the lockout season had MonkeySports 2012-13 season set tags. The jerseys lettered by MonkeySports all seemed to be kiss-cut. However, some of the gamers in 2012-13 had set tags without any customizer's name on them. These jerseys had layered customization. So during the 2012-13 season the Ducks used both layered and kiss-cut lettering. I haven't seen the set tags for the 2013-14 jerseys yet, but I can say by what I've seen on TV and in game photos that the customization is layered for this season.

You can also tell it's the same customizer for this season not only because of the stacked twill, but because the font they use for the captain "C" and the alternate "A" is WRONG WRONG WRONG!

Even though now that it's game worn, it's technically right.... Still bugs the heck outta me.