CCM jersey- Can the front patch be 're-glued' onto the body?

Ahhh.. I see. I have no idea why I didn't bother looking it up on google until just now. That does look correct, but I am no expert and 'authentic' jerseys and how they are stitched.

Can anybody please do me a huge favor? Please take a photo of ANY patch on a jersey that is authentic and post an image of the stitch?

I went to a tailor yesterday and the price doubled from a single '- - - -' kind of stitch to a 'Z' stitch.

I asked him what kind of stitchs he would use btw, and he said "sewing machine"... not entirely sure I want this guy sewing my jersey hahahaha.

Thank again for all this info. Its great that this forum exists... couldn't be any happier with the info you guys have.

Ahhh.. I see. I have no idea why I didn't bother looking it up on google until just now. That does look correct, but I am no expert and 'authentic' jerseys and how they are stitched.

Can anybody please do me a huge favor? Please take a photo of ANY patch on a jersey that is authentic and post an image of the stitch?

I went to a tailor yesterday and the price doubled from a single '- - - -' kind of stitch to a 'Z' stitch.

I asked him what kind of stitchs he would use btw, and he said "sewing machine"... not entirely sure I want this guy sewing my jersey hahahaha.

Thank again for all this info. Its great that this forum exists... couldn't be any happier with the info you guys have.

X8rimhO.jpg

Sweet... thanks man. Thatll help greatly when I meet up with a tailor.

You wouldn't mind if I were to use the photo as a reference for a tailor? .....Hey... some people would, although they wouldn't know it

That's off of an authentic jersey as well?

Edited by JMCantStopRockin

Sweet... thanks man. Thatll help greatly when I meet up with a tailor.

You wouldn't mind if I were to use the photo as a reference for a tailor? .....Hey... some people would, although they wouldn't know it

That's off of an authentic jersey as well?

Use away. That's the front of an authentic Caps jersey crest. For reference:

Q0K5ckR.jpg

Awesome, greatly appreciated for the photos. It looks great... really sharp looking. Just out of curiosity, are the Authentic jerseys glued down prior to being sewn?

My brother has a signed Avs Bourque jersey, so I guess I could ask him. He sleeps 22 hours a day... bit lazy. Might be tough to get an answer. hahaha

Hey again fellas/ladies. I was wondering if any of you guys wanna make a few bucks?

I havent contacted IJ here yet, so Im unsure if this is something they will do, but Im looking to get that main emblem sewn for me. I dont want to put my trust into a tailor used to prom dresses and jean hemming. I was wondering if any of you guys have applied emblems before (succesfully) and are willing to take my jersey and take care of it? Ill take care shipping back and forth, just let me know what you want to take care of the patch itself

Ive contacted a place in Canada who will do it and they only want $5 to sew it. But its going to cost about $30 in shipping costs only

Where are you located? There are several of us on here that can do it, but honestly, just take it to a sporting good store that works on school team uniforms, or even a dry cleaner and tell them what you want. It's not really worth shipping anywhere.

I have little faith in the tailors or dry cleaners around here. They've probably never seen a decent sewing on a good hockey jersey.

For a sports store, I imagine they'll charge me a small fortune for something like this. Im sure the stores around where I live do mostly silk screening and embroidery. I assume... I do not know. Maybe Ill call around and ask of their work, but I have little faith. So little Id ask a complete stranger on here haha. Id like someone who knows what theyre doing to take care of it... someone who has done it before on a potentially very expensive jersey.

Im from the Worcester, MA area. All in all itll cost be $10 to and from someone for shipping, and this is priority.

So I did the heat n' bond and it worked out great. I needed to put the iron right against the back patch, but I went in short- quick strides. Kind of sketchy.

I would like to get it sewn too, but there isn't an edge like the authentic jerseys have. Meaning the edge just ends at the thick silver. Suppose I still could but I think itd look funky. Otherwise I can probably flip it and know that it will hold. Might be good to keep... but I only have $13 invested into it.

Thanks for the advice fellas. For anybody with the same issue. Pick up heat n' bond ultra. Works like a charm.

Note: After washing it falls apart. I get to do it again! son of a *****

• 5 weeks later...

Heat n bond isn't going to work on a heavy patch that size. Call Diane at Cutting Edge Sports and she'll get it on there for you.

If you are going to do it yourself, spray some 3M 77 adhesive on the back, place, and sew. The adhesive will keep the patch in place during sew.

Edited by JunkyardAthletic