Ottawa Sens KOHO Size

A Young Rookie Learnin

Full Disclosure: I am new when it comes to jersey hunting.

I'm looking into purchasing an Ottawa Senators KOHO jersey to potentially be customized into a Marian Hossa jersey. I don't have a ton of background for comparison, but my RBK Premiers are Mediums, my Nike Team Canada is a Medium, and I can fit into a 50/52 for an Edge 1.0

Would a Large replica or 52 authentic for a KOHO be too big? I don't know how those fit normally so I have no base of comparison.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261472092417?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This is the Jersey for reference.

A 52 Koho will be way too big for you. The Edge sizing system is different from that used for most jerseys. You would want a 46 or at most a 48 in the Koho. If you don't mind giving your height and weight, it would be very helpful.

Of course! I'm 6 foot 1, 185.

I feel like it would be real easy for me to be swimming in some of these jerseys. Just tough to gauge when I can't really try em on and have no frame of reference.

ALSO, you responded to me early about the White SCF Alfredsson jersey. Just wanted to say I stayed away from that seller because you were right, he is the exact same as CustomThrowbackJerseys.com and pro-jerseys and the reviews they have gotten are horrendous, so thank you!

You're taller than I thought. You must like your jerseys fairly form-fitting if you like 1.0's in 50 and 52, and medium Premiers. I don't like baggy jerseys and I wear the same sizes but I'm only 5'9" and 150. The Kohos are square-cut and have very large arms, much baggier than the 1.0's and Premiers. So I think a 46 Koho would fit you width and lengthwise, but the arms might possibly be just a little short. If you go with a 48 the arms will probably be fine but they will look pretty huge and be very loose.

Hmmm, I'll keep that in mind. In terms of replicas then would a Large be too big as well for a Koho?

Easiest way to tell with sizing. Take a ruler and measure the arms, width (from under the armpit to armpit) and the length to exactly see how your Reebok ones are (measure in inches). Then it will be a lot easier to determine what size Koho you would need.

Edited by OR68

Here's an old size chart I compiled when the Edge 1.0s came out. The KOHO jersey should be the same as the CCM/RBK 6100.

Just going by pit-to-pit measurement, you'd want a size 46 in a KOHO 6100.

sizing_chart.gif

Edited by akteon

A few photos that might help you:

Medium Premier on top of a Koho size 46 (tagged as 46 but fits more like a 48).

image_zps2511c9c2.jpg

Edge 1.0 size 50 on top of size 46 CCM (same as Koho) 6100.

edge50_6100-46.jpg

Edge 1.0 size 50 on top of same Koho 46 as in first picture.

photo2.jpg

Oh wow! That is actually VERY helpful! Thanks for that, gives a little more perspective to the jerseys. The KOHO sleeves really are massive, much more square jersey.

A few photos that might help you:

Medium Premier on top of a Koho size 46 (tagged as 46 but fits more like a 48).

Edge 1.0 size 50 on top of size 46 CCM (same as Koho) 6100.

Edge 1.0 size 50 on top of same Koho 46 as in first picture.

It never ceases to amaze me how much you're always helping out other members, especially rookies who don't know any better LAK...good on ya!

NIce work LAK.

The KOHO/Rbk 6100s are very roomy in the sleeves, you'll almost feel like a Jedi or an apostle wearing one of them, regardless of the size. In my opinion these jerseys will always look a bit goofier than the Ultrafils or Edges and it is largely unavoidable so I don't put too much thought into wearing a 56 6100 when I actually fit 56 2.0 (meaning 52 in 6100).

It never ceases to amaze me how much you're always helping out other members, especially rookies who don't know any better LAK...good on ya!

Thanks, Slim. Just doing whatever I can for the better enjoyment of this hobby by others. Appreciate the props!