CCM and Koho- Canada and Indonesian Differences?

Ive check around the forums here and Ive yet to find a definitive answer to this question. Please direct me to it if you may. But otherwise....

What is/are the differences between a Canadian made CCM/Koho to an Indonesian made?

I see them on ebay and nobody bites on the the Indo jerseys... but are all over the Canadian ones. Is there something that Im not aware of here? Is there a large enough difference to pay $20-30 more for a Canadian jersey and get into a bidding war over?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

- Josh

Koho's weren't made in Indonesia. They are mass produced 'authentics' by reebok that do not represent the real on ice product.

Clearification? I did take a misstep and included Koho in there... didn't mean to.

CCMs made in Indonesia? You say Reebok produced them?... even prior to '06?

Sorry, I am a bit confused.

Could you be more specific as to what you are asking? If you are comparing Canadian-made CCM/Koho 6100 authentics to Indonesian-made Reebok Edge authentics, you're comparing apples and oranges. They are very different jersey styles, and the CCMs/Kohos are identical to what the players wore from 2000-04 (i.e., they are true authentics), while the Indonesian Reebok Edge is a cheaper, less-rugged version of what the players are CURRENTLY wearing, and no player has ever worn these, so they are really not authentics in the true sense of the word.

Now if you are comparing replicas instead of authentics, some CCM replicas were made in Canada, but as the 2000's rolled on, they started to be made in Indonesia as well. The CCM 550 replicas during the 2000's were as good as any ever made by CCM, and I have never noticed any significant difference in quality between the Canadian and Indonesian models.

CCM was bought out by reebok in 2004. Indonesia made "authentics" started a few years ago, hence the model made there is referred as Indo EDGE. Everything else made post 2000 were made in Canada.

LAK47, yes... that is what I mean. As far as the 550 replicas.

I am speaking strictly of CCM jerseys and not Reebok. I assume CCM Authentics are the bee's knee's and I don't need to ask further haha.

And Im really not really wasting my time with Reebok authentics at the moment seeing as to how expensive they are.

So yea, to answer questions, I am speaking of the CCM/Koho replicas.

And am I wrong to argue that Reebok began production for the 2006 season, not 04-05?

All Replicas up until 06-07 were branded CCM. Everything after switched to reebok solely.

So, if you're talking strictly replica CCM's, I personally don't know why it seems (at least to you) that people universally prefer the Canadian CCM 550's to the Indonesian ones. They seem the same to me. But there's a world of difference (at least to me) between the Canadian and Indonesian Reebok Edge authentics, but that's another topic.

Right on... learning something new everyday. I bought my first CCM jersey only about a month ago, and since then that's all I want to pick up.

Reeboks are too expensive, and 90% of em are fakes. Atleast with CCM I know what getting... most of the time.

Less than a month later and I have 5 CCM/Koho jerseys on my wall :-). Hopefully looking to add a 6th within the next few days.

I ask all this because there is a CCM jersey on ebay that has caught my interest and its made in Indonesia rather than Canada. It looks great, but no one has shown any interest. Great price compared to others too.

I did stumble upon a forum a day or two ago, and somebody had said that there is in fact a difference, that the material is somewhat inferior. I haven't been able to find it again, nor care to since I feel you guys are much more knowledgeable... Ive come to know your opinions and they are spot on.

I guess its just a preference, being made in Canada. And what I had said in the last post.

For instance, I just received another Bruins CCM jersey and its the first CCM jersey with the rink tag. For some reason unbeknownst even to myself, I am proud of that hahaha. Perhaps not only the CCM collecting being fairly new to me, but also to which tags they have on them... and to have the variety.

Might sound stupid, but hey, to me my own :-)

Inquired about the logo on the right- lower- rear of the jersey and Im told there isn't one.

Indonesian made.... is this normal?... anyone who has an Indo replica? It would typically have the puck, seeing as this jersey has CCM on the neck.

I find this really odd...

The puck logo on the hem has nothing to do with where the jersey was made. Both Canadian and Indonesian CCM's had the logo up to a certain date, which I believe was around 2005/06. After that the puck logo was dropped, and neither Canadian nor Indonesian jerseys had them.

Edited by LAK74

I thought they dropped the puck logo on the hem on the CCM 550 after the 2004/05 lockout.

Here's an example of a Canadian made CCM 550 without the puck on the hem.

All the complaints about the Indonesian jerseys I've ever seen are referring to the Indo Edge, model 7237 that Reebok offered at retail as a replacement for the Edge 1.0 model 7187. Not only was it not like a majority of the players wore on the ice (that being the Edge 2.0 model 7287) it was worse in quality than the original Edge retail jerseys.

Personally I've never seen a difference between Canadian made or Indonesian made CCM 550 replicas. As far as I'm concerned, a CCM 550 is a CCM 550 regardless of where it was made. They are a solid replica (compared to the Reebok Premier) that offered good quality at a great price.

Edit: as usual LAK beat me to it. I type too slow I guess :thumbsup:

Edited by akteon

Sweet... sounds like a good deal then. Id tell you guys what it was... but I fear someone will beat me to it haha. Or out bid me... its very fairly priced.

I will say that its a jersey that was made from 02' to 06', so that all makes sense.

The majority here could care less about replicas so I don't think by mentioning it really will do much.

Yeaaaa. There are those that don't post and just browse too... those are the ones I were thinking about. The guys who actually do post have the knowledge and the experience with just about every type of jersey.. wasn't too worried about that.

Well, I lost the bid anyways. It was for a pre- Reebok black Kings jersey, the one with the crown. :-( Good looking jersey.

I wasn't about to pay $55 for it... that's for sure, so good riddance I guess. Another will pop up sometime soon.

I have too many white jerseys, so Im trying to level out the collection now hahaha

• 9 months later...

Can anyone tell me if this jersey is legit Authentic KOHO LA Kings jersey? Any info would be greatly apprecited. Not an expert on these older jerseys. Also How does a 52 fit compared to the Edge 2.0?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321655286163?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It's legit, but a foul because Roenick did not wear a Koho jersey with the Kings (Reebok only). Customization isn't very good anyway.

A Koho 52 is fairly large, probably closest to a 56 in a 2.0.

Edited by LAK74

For the Koho jersey style in the link you provided, Bobcat Athletic is the only customizer that can get the lettering close to what was on the original on-ice jerseys. Be aware that depending on what time of the year you send in your jersey and how busy they are, it may be necessary to wait as much as a year before you get your jersey back, so be prepared for that possibility.

For Sharks jerseys, recommendations will depend on which jersey model you want customized. For the original design jersey in the early 1990's, Custom Crafted did them for the team, and will be a good bet for accuracy. However, during the 90's, the on-ice lettering underwent various minor changes from season to season, so even if you go with Custom Crafted, you may have to provide photos and point out specific details regarding how you want each letter to look- I wouldn't just assume that all letters will come back correct. It may take quite a bit of photographic research to find out what you need for the player you want, which can be a real pain. I've already screwed up 2 1990's Sharks jerseys because I hadn't done enough research, and I'm still in the process of getting them fixed.

For recent Sharks jerseys, I believe Action Spot Sports is the current team letterer. I have personally not worked with them, but I would guess it's a pretty safe bet that they would do the most accurate job possible.

Despite what I've said above about Sharks jerseys, you could possibly select any general customizer such as Exclusive Pro Sports, get lucky, and have your jersey come back properly customized for the player you want. But I wouldn't necessarily bet on that. But for Kings jerseys 1998 and later, if you choose just any customizer, I can GUARANTEE it will come back inaccurate.

Edited by LAK74

Where would you recommend taking a Kings jersey to get as accurate as possible for a Roenick jersey from 05-06?

Probably Bobcat Athletic.

If you sent it to them in 05-06, it could possibly be done by this Friday.

If you sent it to them in 05-06, it could possibly be done by this Friday.

:D

Where would you recommend taking a Kings jersey to get as accurate as possible for a Roenick jersey from 05-06?

You didn't really read my previous post, did you? :)