EA Sports NHL08

Well as I am sure as many have heard that Eric Staal is going to be the coverboy for NHL08, well I was reading around and found that NHL08 also has an AHL license now so all the AHL teams will be in the game too. This ought to be real nice as the teams are playable and now when you send a player to the minors you can send him to the real AHL team. Looking forward to it's release even more now. Now just gotta move up from the XBox to the 360 and all will be good.

I'm mainly glad that they still will make a PC version. I have not and will not buy into consoles. The screenshot of the day on nhl08.com (where each day they release a different team's themepack) is a pic from the 2008 All-Star Game, with the probable East and West uniforms in action.

I'm mainly glad that they still will make a PC version. I have not and will not buy into consoles. The screenshot of the day on nhl08.com (where each day they release a different team's themepack) is a pic from the 2008 All-Star Game, with the probable East and West uniforms in action.

But the thing is that the PC version will most likely be the exact same as 06 and 07. The next-gen stuff that's in the screenshots is only on the 360. It's looking and sounding really great, but I can't pass judgement until they reveal some gameplay footage.

But the thing is that the PC version will most likely be the exact same as 06 and 07. The next-gen stuff that's in the screenshots is only on the 360. It's looking and sounding really great, but I can't pass judgement until they reveal some gameplay footage.

Supposedly PC is next gen this year. :stickhndl:

I have thought about getting into the 2K series. I am really hooked on the EA sports versions though. Compared to NHL 07, how was NHL 2K7?

Next-gen, I can't say. I don't have a 360...yet...

But current-gen, it's tough. 07 is basically 06 but with less one-timers and flopping goalies, but goalies who are still weak as hell. 2k7 is basically 2k6 but with a few more bugs, new menus, brain-dead goalies, some improved AI, and a new camera angle (very cool I might add).

Here's the thing: 2k7 is almost completely customizable. You can change the sliders to be anything from a scorefest arcade game to a sim game. 07 doesn't really give you many options.

Then there's one more thing I hate because it makes people like EA's game better: Graphics/presentation. EA has had good graphics since 2004. 2k's graphics and presentation have gone downhill since 2k5. Yes, Jim Hughson and Craig Simpson are pretty great. Yes, Bob Cole and Harry Neale are boring. Yes, EA has shiny things. Yes, 2k has some dull things and chainmail jerseys. But don't let that get in the way of deciding which game you like better.

In my opinion, both suck. Get ESPN NHL 2k5 for about 3 bucks at a used game store like EB Games or Gamestop. If you have Xbox, you can download a roster file I made after the trade deadline and make some minor moves after that. If you have a PS2, that's outta the question, but it'll still be a great game. If you have an Xbox and I get a new Action Replay card, I can continue making roster updates for 2k5 and you can still enjoy a game that's 3 years old, which is what I consider to be the best hockey video game on the current-gen systems (maybe 2nd best game after NHL 94).