Help with a Leafs white alt - which season is this?

zooeyperry10

Buying a jersey from somebody, and i'm confused as to what season it was used.

http://imgur.com/6SCUJim,sxNWNrq,HHN6Nyx,HVtenbC#0 <- jersey images here.

The hem tags point to it being used around 83-84 because of the screened CCM, but the Leafs didn't use this jersey that season (going off nhluniforms). It was reintroduced in 00-01, but they had the KOHO neck tag and the NHL shield on the hem. The crest is also screened on, as (I understand) some makes of jerseys were in the 90s.

Can anyone help?

The Maple Leafs wore that jersey for many seasons as their alternate.

98-99 Nike

00-04 Koho

05-07 Reebok

They never actually wore that jersey with CCM but its a legit CCM replica and the neck tagging is from 98-00.

The Maple Leafs wore that jersey for many seasons as their alternate.

98-99 Nike

00-04 Koho

05-07 Reebok

They never actually wore that jersey with CCM but its a legit CCM replica and the neck tagging is from 98-00.

Cool, thanks! I just wanted to confirm it was legit.

But now i'm confused. If the tags point to 98-00, and the Leafs were using Nike/KOHO during that period, why would there be a CCM version?

The CCM is a 550 replica.

Like already stated the Leafs started wearing those in the 98-99 season. Nike was making them for that season. They did not wear them in 99-00 and introduced them again starting in 00-01. They wore them from 00-01 all the way until 06-07. When the edge jersey came out in 07-08 it was not used but brought back again in edge form from 08-09 to 10-11. It was replaced with the current alternate starting from 11-12.

The one you posted is a legit replica from the early 2000's.

I must be missing something out here because I'm still confused. CCM weren't making the Leafs alt jerseys in the early 2000s. How come this jersey is a CCM replica when it was made by KOHO around this period? Were CCM making all replicas at this point, but using the KOHO tags for authentics?

CCM and Koho are owned by the same company, they just decided to stamp the white authentics and replicas with CCM tags and away authentics and third authentics with Koho tags during that period of time (early 2000s).

Edited by DC Red Wings

CCM and Koho are owned by the same company, they just decided to stamp the white authentics and replicas with CCM tags and away authentics and third authentics with Koho tags during that period of time (early 2000s).

THANK YOU. I understand now. I knew that they were the same company, just couldn't get my head around why it had CCM on while photos showed the KOHO tag. Finding out CCM made all the replicas helped me understand. Strange how it's not the same CCM tags as on the white home jerseys, with the shield on the hem.

Edited by zooeyperry10

Everything that's been said here about CCM/Koho being owned by the same company, and which jerseys each company produced in the 2000's is absolutely correct. However, I don't think that discussion necessarily bears much relevance to the particular jersey you posted, because like MIGHTY-DUCKS8 said, the tagging points to a manufacturing date in the late 1990's (I'd say around 1998). If it had been made in the 2000's, the collar tags would be different, and there would be no screened CCM tag on the back hem; there would be an embroidered CCM patch under the back collar, something like in these photos provided by our "friends" Vintage-Legends:

image_zps5f096834.jpgimage_zps8ad8284c.jpg

There's something that strikes me as a bit strange about the jersey you posted. If the front crest is indeed screened, and not a patch, it would not be typical of a men's replica of the late 1990's (a youth jersey, perhaps). Also it seems to be made of ultrafil, whereas I would have guessed it would be air-knit. Also it doesn't have mesh side inserts. It almost looks like an early 90's CCM/Maska replica, but I know it's not.

Edited by LAK74

There's something that strikes me as a bit strange about the jersey you posted. If the front crest is indeed screened, and not a patch, it would not be typical of a men's replica of the late 1990's (a youth jersey, perhaps). Also it seems to be made of ultrafil, whereas I would have guessed it would be air-knit. Also it doesn't have mesh side inserts. It almost looks like an early 90's CCM/Maska replica, but I know it's not.

This is what confused me and led me to posting here.

Here is another photo of the jersey: http://i.imgur.com/7BR92dv.jpg (i'd embed it but it's way too big)

The guy i'm buying it from also has two Starter Canucks (one is definitely Starter because of the sleeve tag, I assume the other is Starter too) with the exact same screened crests. http://i.imgur.com/602J3gb.jpg and http://i.imgur.com/jE939eX.jpg .

Looks to me like the cheap replicas that Canadian Tire sells.

Like this Habs one, screened logo and ultrafil:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/montreal-canadiens-jersey-men-39-s-red-0831557p.html#.U34hpvldWSg

Can't tell if it has the CCM tagging that the Leafs one you posted has though.

Looks to me like the cheap replicas that Canadian Tire sells.

Like this Habs one, screened logo and ultrafil:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/montreal-canadiens-jersey-men-39-s-red-0831557p.html#.U34hpvldWSg

Can't tell if it has the CCM tagging that the Leafs one you posted has though.

Zooming in, it looks like it doesn't. I don't recognise that brand on that inside collar tag.

EDIT: Tags don't match. Check out the Sens one they have with the same collar neck tag as the Habs one you posted. Doesn't match the Leafs one I posted in OP. http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/calgary-flames-jersey-men-39-s-red-0831570p.html#.U34kNPldWs0

Edit #2: Just heard that the washtag says it's 100% polyester and has Maska on it. This matches up with an old white Oilers jersey from the 80s that my dad had, which also has the same screened CCM on the lower hem (I assume this means it's from the 83-84 season).

THE PLOT THICKENS and i'm still bamboozled about how this jersey came to be.

Edited by zooeyperry10

You're still buying it, right? I don't think it's a big deal whose name and numbers you're putting on it, as it's a replica and you probably got a good price on it.

Oh, totally. It's my favourite Leafs design. I might consider a name/number in the future, not sure where would be best to send it.