Any reliable method/source for turning vectors to woodmarks?

Of Senators and Kings

The reason I ask is because the price discrepancy between the two and the sheer unavailability of Ottawa woodmarks has me thinking if I can turn relatively cheap vectors into woodmarks circa 2011-present.

When I bought my Zibby from flyhighguys94 I noticed that from the inside of the jersey you can see the faint outline fo the vector patch...I will fire him a PM but in the meantime has anyone found a reliable source for authentic or "near perfect" repro woodmarks that can be used for conversion? Of course buying and destroying another 2.0 is not a solution.

The list of notable Sens that wore vectors is pretty small, and I either have one or am not interested at the moment:

Alfie

Spezz

Neil

Phillips

Karlsson

Redden

Heatley...

Kovalev....

But if I could get my hands on a few woodmarks I could get the Turris i've always wanted or maybe a Clarke Mac or Ryan...Captain Spezz (or Phillips as it might turn out).

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Of Senators and Kings

Awesome advice! Contact EPS and they rate $20 for conversion....not bad at all!

Funny, I'd rather do the opposite! Turn the wordmark into a Vector. 2.0 wordmark jerseys are usually easier and cheaper to find than the vector ones.

Funny, I'd rather do the opposite! Turn the wordmark into a Vector. 2.0 wordmark jerseys are usually easier and cheaper to find than the vector ones.

Does EPS do this as well? Or is it only vectors into wordmarks?

Does EPS do this as well? Or is it only vectors into wordmarks?

I can't say for sure but my thoughts are the Vector would be much more difficult to reproduce compared to the wordmark patch. Would be interesting if they can though.

Emailed EPS, they said loose wordmarks would be $15 a pop, and converting a jersey from vector to wordmark would be $25 per jersey.

I believe they make the wordmark patches themselves. The vector looks like its considerably harder to replicate so I don't they'll be able to do the reverse conversion.

Just be aware: If the patch is coming off of air-knit, there WILL be residue. They heat-press the crap out of those things and are not meant to come off once applied. I've done it several times and there is a nice parallelogram-shaped outline of glue left underneath. The only chance you have to get it off completely clean is if the patch was applied to EDGE material. There aren't too many teams that have the EDGE stuff go all the way up to the neck though.

Yup yup. tired on one of my vector 2.0's. Pulled off a corner of it, saw what was left, and sewed it right the **** back down.

This what EPS did to my Schneider 2.0. Came out pretty good if you ask me:

14391295511_5049a5d191.jpg

14367131322_4fed821505.jpg

Edited by Phil the Thrill

I have a Zibanejad converted already. You can see the vector outline from inside of the jersey but EPS applies the woodmark to a piece of edge material and sows that on so that it covers any trace of the vector logo.

Not 100% accurate either but it's a hell of a lot closer if your player never wore a vector with that team. Pick your poison.

• 2 months later...

Josh at EPS said he doesn't make/sell vectors and wordmarks anymore.

Any other place I can get a vector logo made?

What jersey do you need a vector logo for?

I know the material is different and possibly the size, but is scamming one off of a replica an option?

I don't know about the Heritage in particular, but aren't Premier vectors generally embroidered directly into the fabric? (I.e., they are not a patch that you can just remove.) I only have 2 Premiers and they're both like that.

The vector are embroidered directly onto the jersey for premier replicas. I believe the exceptions to this were the WC replicas before the 2012 WC as they had the authentic vector patch either pressed or glued onto the jersey

I'm kind of mad at myself for just realizing that, haha.

I've had a blank 2010 WC for a while sitting around (from the old Marshall's $20 sale) and I wanted to do an authentic 2010 WC. I could've taken the Vector from it!

I'm kind of mad at myself for just realizing that, haha.

I've had a blank 2010 WC for a while sitting around (from the old Marshall's $20 sale) and I wanted to do an authentic 2010 WC. I could've taken the Vector from it!

Speaking of which, didn't you ask P/E to just give you the letters for the nameplate on your 2010 WC? Did they say yes?

Premier vectors are embroidered directly to the jersey.

Wordmarks are patches, but they are heat pressed on so I don't think it'd be possible to remove them without trashing the entire jersey. I also don't know how close they are to Edge word marks. Third, it looks like Edge material is needed to cover up the vector. I'm not sure how easy that is to get a hold of.

I did ask them to do that, and they did provide them not stitched to a nameplate.

BUT, I also pointed out the whole "ultrafill vs. twill" for the nameplate thing, and eventually they realized I was right (thanks to Greg and Rob with their gamer pictures).

So they ended up giving me ultrafill nameplates and loose letters and Brilliant! stitched them up for me. I actually just realized I haven't yet posted pictures.

Wordmarks are patches, but they are heat pressed on so I don't think it'd be possible to remove them without trashing the entire jersey.

Mike was able to get the wordmark off of a 2.0 Rangers Heritage for me pretty clean and cover it up with a Vector from a Heritage 1.0.

• 3 months later...

Bumping this up... and hoping for an answer ASAP.

Does anyone know where to get a white or burgundy wordmark for an Avs jersey?

Edited by dsl135