Canucks Equipment Sale

mukmukfan89

So, the Canucks held their season end equipment sale today at Rogers Arena...Anybody go? Feel free to share your pickups here.

I'll start off. The owner of our season ticket group gave us his early entry pass and we met up with a friend of mine in line. This was also the first year the Canucks held their sale on the ice surface (the ice was taken out, obviously). I went straight to the game worn jerseys, where I picked up Chris Higgins' White Set 1 jersey from this year. Has a few repairs and lots of black marks on it. The pre-ordered jerseys were FINALLY ready to pick up, so I was able to get my Bieksa game worn Third jersey. I also managed to snag some Ryan Kesler game used gloves and a free locker room tour.

photo1_zps681d19dd.jpg

Oh, and I forgot to mention that Dave Babych was there signing autographs as well. This year's sale was much more organized than previous years when it was in the concourse as everything was more spread out and easier to access. The deals were much better this year as well which kind of highlights the whole "blowout" idea.

Edited by mukmukfan89

Did they have any blank authentics, team issued or retail? I wanted to go but I had to work.

hmmmm seems like a knockoff post to me.....no feet or cake.......I question it's authenticity!

Yup. Stolen stock image if there are no toes or cake.

hmmmm seems like a knockoff post to me.....no feet or cake.......I question it's authenticity!

All those jerseys cost him an arm and a leg.

lol.

I have to say, I'm extremely jealous of how the Nucks jerseys at least come with cool packaging and a much nicer COA than companies like Steiner who just shoves their jerseys and a crumpled up piece of scrap paper into a plain cardboard box and charges way too much for shipping.

lol.

I have to say, I'm extremely jealous of how the Nucks jerseys at least come with cool packaging and a much nicer COA than companies like Steiner who just shoves their jerseys and a crumpled up piece of scrap paper into a plain cardboard box and charges way too much for shipping.

If there is one thing Steiner actually does right it's treating Rags like they deserve to be treated. :thumbsup:

The Canucks handle their jerseys amazingly. The box/folding/LOA all look awesome. Nice pickups!

Agreed. They really look like they do a nice job.

Did they have any blank authentics, team issued or retail? I wanted to go but I had to work.

Down on the ice level they just had customized replicas available for around $50-$60 each. The actual team store was open as well and I believe they had a couple of authentics there (but mostly replicas, unfortunately). Everything in the store was 20% off.

Agreed. They really look like they do a nice job.

I think the most impressive thing is that they look like they genuinely care. The way they fold the jersey and take care of the way its presented to the new owner is something every organization or company needs to take into consideration.

I made a deal with Detroit Hockey Company recently and everything was smashed into a large flat rate box. Granted it was a trade but that should not matter. I folded all of the jerseys I traded them really neat and even used two boxes.....in return I receive 5 game worn jerseys jammed into a box. Nothing was ruined or damaged but it would have been nice if it looked like a single was given when I opened the box.

The C.O.A.s that I got with my jerseys at the sale all had Trevor Linden's autograph. HOWEVER, the Heritage Classic jerseys had Mike Gillis' autograph because they were from earlier this season, and before Gillis got fired. Probably also explains why the pre-ordered jerseys took so long to come in because the C.O.A.s needed to be printed off with the correct autograph on them.