eBay version 4.0

dsl135

I've seen sellers snake buyers before using different tactics, but this one is new to me in my 11+ years of ebaying.

Cancelling ALL of the bids of all the buyers then ending the auction early and re-listing it. The auction was going into the final 24hrs last i looked with the jersey still under $150. Instead of doing that, if the seller believed the jersey to be worth more based on past prices then they should have realized a couple snipers would have bumped it well up over $200 just like all the other large sized white libs end up doing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271539368115?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Edited by Richter9377

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What funny is that up to this point, he relisted it and its at the same price of when he ended the 1st listing.............

I've actually heard people refer to some practice jerseys as 3.0's before. I don't know the specifics of why though.

Unless they start adding ultrafil by the 5.0, the evolution of jerseys is still going in the wrong direction.

Guys that collect pro stock gear refer to them as 3.0's. I have a buddy who is a huge pro stock collector. Apparently the 3.0's are hard to find too, and they are light as all hell. So thats why people want them i guess.

Speaking of Pro Stock Gear, this auction is worth the look:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=331261674450&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123#ht_44wt_1120

Crosby 2011 Winter Classic Game Used Gloves, photo-matched. Pay no attention to the fact that the logos are different between the game pics and the auction pics ;)

That and with a SN like that how could you not think they were worn by Crosby?

They're "trustedseller"...no reason not to believe them. Heck, I'd offer them $4,000 just because their username is so trustworthy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251587339233?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I know it is a replica, but I am pretty jazzed to pick this one up for a good price, especially when it has the V patch. The repro V patch looks frickin awful compared to the real thing. Now my dilemma is whether or not I turn this into a Carbonneau, Lapointe, or Lafleur.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-1990-Los-Angeles-Kings-Wayne-Gretzky-CCM-Authentic-Jersey-Size-44-With-Gift-/350735876887?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item51a97cc317

I cannot speak to the Gretzky Jersey (although I'm pretty sure the CCM patch should have the M be white so idk)... but check out that SWEET gift! So nice of him to throw in such a high quality, not fake gift!

The Quick IS a fake.

There's nothing wrong with the CCM patch on the Gretzky. It's actually lettered decently for a 1989/90, except that the arm numbers are off.

The Quick IS a fake.

There's nothing wrong with the CCM patch on the Gretzky. It's actually lettered decently for a 1989/90, except that the arm numbers are off.

Hahah I was definitely being sarcastic on the Quick. Probably wants to get it off his hands/get people thinking they really are getting a deal.

And i was going off that (unofficial) NHL jersey database for the Gretzky jersey for that tag.

Missed the sarcasm there, haha- my bad.