eBay version 4.0

dsl135

Also those kinds of jerseys, scrubs or no scrubs, are very desirable to devils gamer collectors. They have been on eBay now for a solid year. Believe me if there weren't serious questions about their authenticity they would have been sold long ago. The asking prices now are not bad (I know that merkosky about a year ago he was asking like $1200-2000 for)

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's a good look, rather earthy.

I mean it's not like he has a cat plopped down in the middle of the jersey.

But no telling what might have plopped under it. Edited by mfitz804

It's a good look, rather earthy.

I mean it's not like he has a cat plopped down in the middle of the jersey.

This is why I don't have photos of all my stuff,

As soon as I put anything down, on my bed or carpet or anywhere my cat thinks it's his new bed.

This is why I don't have photos of all my stuff,

As soon as I put anything down, on my bed or carpet or anywhere my cat thinks it's his new bed.

My daughter used to do the same thing!!

When we renovated our house a couple years back, I photo documented the whole process, including shots of the apartment we moved into during the process. Just about every one of those pictures has my daughter popping out from somewhere. After all, if we were taking pictures, shouldn't she be in all of them?

The one in your profile looks like he was saying "Check out the new jersey we got!" and then you said to him, "What do you mean "we?""

Then he gave you that look.

I used to have a similar issue until I moved all of my stuff downstairs. Except I wasn't dealing with a cat. It was a 100 pound, pure white German Shepherd. Anything cloth-like that was laid down for more than 10 seconds instantly became his to lounge on, or so he thought.

I'll just say this, white hair is a b****. When I have to wear a suit it's like an Olympic event to get to the door without the freaking snow yeti that roams my house leaving a sweaters worth of fur on me.

Edited by JoeM7392

I dont often rag on people over their asking price, but this seller is either ignorant or just silly.

https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/131756781473

One easy lookup at Meigray and he can see what they are asking for their game issued:

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=6765681&catLevel=0&scLevel=&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=&catParentID=4542&scId=4542

I never see the value in a game issued anyway. Why is that "worth" $600 when I can buy a blank and have EPS make me the exact same thing for $380, and that's if I pay full price for the blank, which I never would?

I never see the value in a game issued anyway. Why is that "worth" $600 when I can buy a blank and have EPS make me the exact same thing for $380, and that's if I pay full price for the blank, which I never would?

Wait a year and offer Meigray $300-350. I would be shocked if they turn that down.

I honestly don't think they'd ever accept that. They're sticklers when it comes to things like that.

For example, the Aaron Rome Mike Modano patch GI, also listed for $595. I made an offer of $300 on that after a year, and was told that it was too rare to negotiate on, being that it was the last patched jersey they had.

For the record, that jersey is still listed on Meigray... 2 years after the game was played.

I'd frankly be shocked if they negotiated on that Jagr jersey. At best, you'll get it for around $450 (which is about what it would be during any of the Summer/Black Friday sales... 25% off).

The rationale that it's basically a retail blank and that you could get one customized for less than that won't work with them. They won't follow or agree with that logic at all.

And yes, that eBay seller is silly. He thinks a Fedotenko warm-up worn Timonen night jersey is worth $1150. He'd be lucky to get half of that.

Edited by dsl135

Thing is Meigray has a point with that madano patch on that Rome jersey. This is just a Jagr regular season that they also have 4-5 other Jagr Devils GI's. It's from 14-15 and it's already 15-16 season. If you offer them $350 in July 2017 I think there is at least a decent chance they will take it. Again it's not a stadium series, winter classic, or any other specialty patched jersey.

Thing is Meigray has a point with that madano patch on that Rome jersey. This is just a Jagr regular season that they also have 4-5 other Jagr Devils GI's. It's from 14-15 and it's already 15-16 season. If you offer them $350 in July 2017 I think there is at least a decent chance they will take it. Again it's not a stadium series, winter classic, or any other specialty patched jersey.

Yes, but it's Jagr. I'd imagine they'll play hardball with a player who is 3rd all-time in NHL in scoring.

Yes, but it's Jagr. I'd imagine they'll play hardball with a player who is 3rd all-time in NHL in scoring.

With the Rone jersey, they played hardball because of the patch, not the player. With Jagr there is nothing special about the jersey. It was just prepared for him but he was traded away halfway through the season.

With the Rone jersey, they played hardball because of the patch, not the player. With Jagr there is nothing special about the jersey. It was just prepared for him but he was traded away halfway through the season.

Yea, I know that, lol. I'm just saying if they're going to play hardball over a patch of a nobody player, I think they'll play hardball over one of the NHL's all-time best players. They'll view that as the "special" aspect of the jersey.

Is it just my bad luck, or is there an increasing number of non-payers on eBay? Also, who heck does a BIN but doesn't pay? Is it just because they get off on being jerks?

I've had 3 in the last 3 months. It had been many years before that since I had one.

I honestly don't think they'd ever accept that. They're sticklers when it comes to things like that.

For example, the Aaron Rome Mike Modano patch GI, also listed for $595. I made an offer of $300 on that after a year, and was told that it was too rare to negotiate on, being that it was the last patched jersey they had.

For the record, that jersey is still listed on Meigray... 2 years after the game was played.

I'd frankly be shocked if they negotiated on that Jagr jersey. At best, you'll get it for around $450 (which is about what it would be during any of the Summer/Black Friday sales... 25% off).

The rationale that it's basically a retail blank and that you could get one customized for less than that won't work with them. They won't follow or agree with that logic at all.

And yes, that eBay seller is silly. He thinks a Fedotenko warm-up worn Timonen night jersey is worth $1150. He'd be lucky to get half of that.

He wants 3x the auction close price for the Couturier Brind'Amour retirement jersey and 2x action price of the Simmonds Lindros/Leclair retirement jersey

I was just talking to that guy about that Couturier jersey... He's a character that's for sure

I mean, he has a right to ask whatever price he wants, but when the Watson night Coots goes for $450 and the Brindy one ended at 550 you gotta be realistic

Is it just my bad luck, or is there an increasing number of non-payers on eBay? Also, who heck does a BIN but doesn't pay? Is it just because they get off on being jerks?

I sold about 20 pairs of sneakers over the last four months, and I had 4 or 5 non-payments. All but one were BIN. Oh, and one dude retracted a negotiated OBO after a couple hours because I didn't accept it fast enough for him. (Yes, he actually told me that.)

I sold about 20 pairs of sneakers over the last four months, and I had 4 or 5 non-payments. All but one were BIN. Oh, and one dude retracted a negotiated OBO after a couple hours because I didn't accept it fast enough for him. (Yes, he actually told me that.)

All three of mine were sneakers as well. I think you get a much more immature set of buyers and they don't think things through or hesitate to drop out if they change their mind.

I'd add, though, that all 3 were re-listed and sold around the same price, with one actually going for $20 more.

All three of mine were sneakers as well. I think you get a much more immature set of buyers and they don't think things through or hesitate to drop out if they change their mind.

I'd add, though, that all 3 were re-listed and sold around the same price, with one actually going for $20 more.

Yeah, none of it surprised me. Being on Niketalk for years prepared me well for dealing with the knuckleheads.

Brandon McCarthy referred to AJ Daulerio as a "blocked punt of a human being" on Twitter. I like that - that's how I'll refer to eBay non-payers going forward. I haven't sold a ton of things on eBay over the years, but dealing in jerseys is the first time I've ever had to deal with non-payers.