eBay version 4.0

dsl135

1 hour ago, furiousd said:

It's never come up for me personally, but I'd probably go ahead and put a player who only played in a 1.0 on a 2.0, as long as the neck logo was correct.  I hate 1.0s.

I never understand this. The wrong cut and materials are fine, but you care which neck logo is on it?

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I never understand this. The wrong cut and materials are fine, but you care which neck logo is on it?

It's just a reflection of how much I dislike the cut and materials of the 1.0.  They were a (mostly) short-lived embarrassment, and I have almost no interest in owning one. 

I don't own any myself. But if you are striving for accuracy, the completely wrong jersey is less accurate than the right jersey with a vector as opposed to a word mark, in my opinion. 

I dunno, maybe when the time came to open my wallet, I wouldn't do it. Cost would probably be a factor.  Thankfully it's just hypothetical. Don't really like any of the teams that stuck with 1.0's, and haven't run into any players that only were with a team in the beginning of the 07-08 season.

On 6/14/2016 at 6:13 AM, tomtucker said:

what is all this about ?

The never enlightened and seldom coherent Mr Howell called me out over some alleged incident with this Stultz guy (see about four pages back). I told him that not only did the story not sound at all familiar (never bought three Flames gamers at once, also never said any of the things he claimed), but that I had never done business with the guy. So I found Mr Stultz, a member of several jersey groups, and asked him if I had forgotten something or we had had a bad deal. He had no idea what this blathering idiot was typing fragmented sentences and non sequiturs about. 

Edited by ConcreteCharlie

$600 for a Johnathan Toews Rookie Jersey that isn't even the correct style as the picture they list in their ad. http://www.ebay.com/itm/JONATHAN-TOEWS-CHICAGO-BLACKHAWKS-2007-ROOKIE-YEAR-AUTHENTIC-REEBOK-JERSEY-52-/272276305664?var=&hash=item3f64eeb700:m:m-ysWBz2pq3jxF9O-uSkSOQ

The jersey they have listed is a 6100 where Toews never were this style.  And the WWW patch was never on this style either.  It should be and edge style jersey at least a 1.0, but I am pretty sure the Hawks wore 2.0 pretty quickly after the edge style was introduced because the players hated them.

I think the only current Hawks player that ever wore a 6100 was Seabrook in his rookie year.  Everyone else has only worn an edge style jersey.

Edited by spudrock512

5 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

The jersey they have listed is a 6100 where Toews never were this style.  And the WWW patch was never on this style either.  It should be and edge style jersey at least a 1.0, but I am pretty sure the Hawks wore 2.0 pretty quickly after the edge style was introduced because the players hated them.

That jersey is a whole lotta foul! Here's my Kevyn Adams gamer from the 07/08 season. Probably a recycled 1.0 jersey (removed A) and WWW-patch. I understand that there are two versions of the WWW-patches (different material)?

10500271_10204033402255971_1899391453194

3 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

Crawford, Keith and Seabrook are the only current players to have played games with the Blackhawks before the Edge switch.

That is right, I was thinking Keith's rookie year was 07-08, but it was 06-07.  I also checked and I didn't realized Crow played 2 games in the 05-06 season but not again until 5 games in 07-08, then another break until 1 game in 09-10, then full time in 11-12. Crazy to think that he had been in the organization that long until he finally got the goalie role in 11-12. Thanks hockeydb.com!!!

Not a horrible price for a 2000 All Star jersey.  If it were a NA one, I'd have snagged it, but it's a World and I have no clue who I'd even stick on there plus sourcing the required patches is probably going to be a PITA.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291794323938

34 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Not a horrible price for a 2000 All Star jersey.  If it were a NA one, I'd have snagged it, but it's a World and I have no clue who I'd even stick on there plus sourcing the required patches is probably going to be a PITA.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291794323938

The patches for those are very easy to secure on eBay. That is a good price, and a number of good players to choose from. EPS does an excellent job customizing them also. 

On June 10, 2016 at 3:14 PM, Devilsguy said:

Slightly off-topic, but how long do you normally give sellers time to ship an item out?  Can you file a dispute if the seller doesn't ship out in a timely manner?

Reason is I won an auction and paid for it within 10 minutes of the auction ending.  That was Sunday night at about 8PM.  It is now Friday afternoon and no update as to the item being shipped.  I even sent a message to the seller on Thursday morning to see if there was any update, and nothing back.

Guy has in the past 12 months 8 positive and 1 neutral feedback.  Neutral was the buyer saying this seller is slow to ship.  Seller shipped out an item on 11/13 when the guy paid for the item on 10/26.

Update on the quoted situation.

So I never got a response from my email from last Thursday from the seller.  On Saturday I get a notice from eBay that the seller marked it shipped, but no tracking.  To this day I have no tracking and no item that is being shipped from a location about an hours drive from me.  I messaged the seller this morning that if I don't receive the item by tomorrow delivery from the post office (which is the latest date of receipt by eBay) that I will file a claim.

Seller finally responds this afternoon apologizing and saying that I should have had it by now and that he just found out today that the post office messed up a bunch of packages that he sent and is going there today before they close to fix it and will refund my shipping.

My thoughts:

1) He is full of crap.  How serendipitous that the day I threaten him that he responds with the whole post office mess up crap.  Plus multiple packages?  That's not on them at this point, that's on him.  I've never heard of a post office messing up a bunch of packages from one particular person going to different places.

2) he never responded to me on last week's email or provided a tracking so he is def full of it.  I responded to him saying that he needs to provide me with the original tracking number otherwise I am going to assume that he never sent it until now based on feedback he has gotten before.

14 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Update on the quoted situation.

So I never got a response from my email from last Thursday from the seller.  On Saturday I get a notice from eBay that the seller marked it shipped, but no tracking.  To this day I have no tracking and no item that is being shipped from a location about an hours drive from me.  I messaged the seller this morning that if I don't receive the item by tomorrow delivery from the post office (which is the latest date of receipt by eBay) that I will file a claim.

Seller finally responds this afternoon apologizing and saying that I should have had it by now and that he just found out today that the post office messed up a bunch of packages that he sent and is going there today before they close to fix it and will refund my shipping.

My thoughts:

1) He is full of crap.  How serendipitous that the day I threaten him that he responds with the whole post office mess up crap.  Plus multiple packages?  That's not on them at this point, that's on him.  I've never heard of a post office messing up a bunch of packages from one particular person going to different places.

2) he never responded to me on last week's email or provided a tracking so he is def full of it.  I responded to him saying that he needs to provide me with the original tracking number otherwise I am going to assume that he never sent it until now based on feedback he has gotten before.

FULL OF CRAP .I would file just to cover your a$$

Further update:  unfortunately but not surprisingly my item did not arrive today when the mail man delivered today.  I tried to open a case, but eBay won't let me as the estimated delivery by date is today, but it says it might still be on the way.  Basically I have to wait until tomorrow to open the case.  eBay can stick it where the sun don't shine.  No one trusts eBay and I don't blame them.

Just now, Devilsguy said:

Further update:  unfortunately but not surprisingly my item did not arrive today when the mail man delivered today.  I tried to open a case, but eBay won't let me as the estimated delivery by date is today, but it says it might still be on the way.  Basically I have to wait until tomorrow to open the case.  eBay can stick it where the sun don't shine.  No one trusts eBay and I don't blame them.

You have to wait for the delivery estimate window to be closed before you file a claim. It goes by calendar date, so you just have to wait until tomorrow. Not really an issue not to trust eBay about. 

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

You have to wait for the delivery estimate window to be closed before you file a claim. It goes by calendar date, so you just have to wait until tomorrow. Not really an issue not to trust eBay about. 

It's not just that part, but eBay puts buyers and sellers against each other so much indavertedly with their dumb policies that I sometimes wonder why I even bother with it anymore.  I've had much more success and less headaches selling through Facebook groups than on eBay and I don't have to give them and PayPal 12-13% of it.

40 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

It's not just that part, but eBay puts buyers and sellers against each other so much indavertedly with their dumb policies that I sometimes wonder why I even bother with it anymore.  I've had much more success and less headaches selling through Facebook groups than on eBay and I don't have to give them and PayPal 12-13% of it.

That I don't think anyone can argue with. I always try here first (or simultaneously) with a huge preference in dealing here.

But, in terms of prospective buyer exposure, eBay cannot be beaten.