dsl135

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 1/24/2017 at 3:23 PM, Richter9377 said:

Anyone else have this problem when searching eBay?

Every time I go through the list of items I just searched, I go into a listing to see the details, then hit the back button to go back to my last page of searched items and the page is 15-20 items bellow the last item I looked at.

It's annoying to have to scroll back up the list to find where I left off so as to not miss anything. Even more so because I have my parameters set to return 200 items per page.

Just wondering if there is a fix for this.

This tends to happen because it puts you back at the same spot, but then the images reload and push the page to a different spot. Not really much you can do about it, I have the same problem.

3 hours ago, CJ Matthews said:

This tends to happen because it puts you back at the same spot, but then the images reload and push the page to a different spot. Not really much you can do about it, I have the same problem.

that is definitely a better description of what I was trying to convey. Super annoying. 

*insert every known expletive known to man here*

I had the exact Mighty Ducks jersey I need lined up on eBay. It was an authentic 2000-04 CCM and it was blank. I've been looking for one for ages. It was less than $100 so it was reasonably priced. All I had to do was wait a little more than one more day (my credit card statement closes on the 27th so any purchase made on that date goes on the next month's bill) and someone else snagged it.

The search continues...

Edited by TheKevinShow

9 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

*insert every known expletive known to man here*

I had the exact Mighty Ducks jersey I need lined up on eBay. It was an authentic 2000-04 CCM and it was blank. I've been looking for one for ages. It was less than $100 so it was reasonably priced. All I had to do was wait a little more than one more day (my credit card statement closes on the 27th so any purchase made on that date goes on the next month's bill) and someone else snagged it.

The search continues...

I'm assuming you were below the $99 PayPal Credit threshold including shipping? And that BIN required immediate payment?

You just explained the exact reason to never do that. If you have been looking for it for ages, buy it and then figure it out later!! Not saying everyone can afford to do that every time, but if you have been looking for one for years, and its underpriced, sometimes you just have to do what you have to do. Skip eating lunch out a few days, etc. and you'll have your "less than $100" in time for the next bill. 

25 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Anyone ever miss out on an already good price, just because you want to see if the seller will go lower?  It sucks.  Never doing that again.

I think we've all made that mistake. For me its usually submitting a Best Offer, since the seller had that feature active, even though the full price is a good deal. Then someone swoops in and buys it full price before my offer is responded to. 

19 minutes ago, furiousd said:

My gut feeling was to BIN, but the call of the best offer button won out.  Now that I think about it, I did the swooping on one last fall.  Seller declined my offer and said there were higher offers she was considering, so I immediately went over to BIN.

I just did it the other day, would totally have been thrilled to get the item for $139, but there was a best offer, so I had to try. 

Luckily, my offer was countered with $119 quickly enough, I got the item and saved $20. Could have just as easily gone the other way. 

So let me get this straight...They are giving these away for free - but I can buy one from you for just $250?!?!?  Sounds like a steal to me!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sharks-Warriors-Mash-Up-Jersey-Promotion-2-4-17-Sizes-XL-And-MD-/172512431024?hash=item282a8acbb0:g:fYUAAOSw44BYk36d

16 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

So let me get this straight...They are giving these away for free - but I can buy one from you for just $250?!?!?  Sounds like a steal to me!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sharks-Warriors-Mash-Up-Jersey-Promotion-2-4-17-Sizes-XL-And-MD-/172512431024?hash=item282a8acbb0:g:fYUAAOSw44BYk36d

I thought it was against eBay's TOS to sell items you don't physically have in your possession yet.

Regardless hard to say if that price is reasonable or not.  I have sold free giveaways from the arena before and made a decent amount.  Entirely depends on the item, but if it is a hot item and not many people who attended the game are willing to part with theirs, it could be worth something.

15 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I thought it was against eBay's TOS to sell items you don't physically have in your possession yet.

Regardless hard to say if that price is reasonable or not.  I have sold free giveaways from the arena before and made a decent amount.  Entirely depends on the item, but if it is a hot item and not many people who attended the game are willing to part with theirs, it could be worth something.

You can do a preorder on an item, you just have to have it within 30 days (and even then, they don't enforce that at all).

Holy effing crap!  Just got the email for the winter 2017 Classic auction.

No way I have the dinero for this......anyone wanna buy my jersey collection to fund this?  Or maybe I should take the lazy route and start a gofundme page.

c7094c96-c564-4cec-baa2-3dafc2996269.jpg

20 minutes ago, HockeyMusic said:

Holy effing crap!  Just got the email for the winter 2017 Classic auction.

No way I have the dinero for this......anyone wanna buy my jersey collection to fund this?  Or maybe I should take the lazy route and start a gofundme page.

c7094c96-c564-4cec-baa2-3dafc2996269.jpg

Wow... some amazing items in there!

Kind of makes me sad when a guy has all that stuff in his collection and then he sells it. It's like getting rid of your history. 

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Kind of makes me sad when a guy has all that stuff in his collection and then he sells it. It's like getting rid of your history. 

a lot of these guys probably couldn't care less about that stuff.  I wouldn't be surprised if Lindros had a lot of that stuff in boxes in his basement.