eBay version 4.0

dsl135

1 hour ago, Dr_Puck said:

I've not used buyer protection on any other purchase, until today. Working with someone new-- and someone I'm not entirely comfortable with-- I added the 2.9%. I didn't realize that they don't get the money until after they ship, which is really encouraging. 

I'm not sure that's entirely correct, I think it depends on the seller's account status. I accept non-friends and family payments all the time and still get the money instantly, as soon as I pay. 

I think it only gets held when it's a new seller who hasn't reached my epic status yet. 

Unless by "someone new" you meant new to PayPal, I read it as being someone you haven't dealt with previously. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Other teams do it, but I feel like Devils fans do this sort of nonsense the most.  I have no problems admitting that Devils fans probably have the biggest inferiority complex of any fanbase there is.

9 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

They're from Quebec, do they even count as people?

I have no idea, all of Canada is just Southern Alaska to me :)

30 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Other teams do it, but I feel like Devils fans do this sort of nonsense the most.  I have no problems admitting that Devils fans probably have the biggest inferiority complex of any fanbase there is.

I've never been to a Devils game but I've been to a Blues game. Those fans have the biggest inferiority complex I've ever observed.

And They really do wear Jorts and have a ridiculous power play "dance" that I thought was for children but then as I looked around it was all adults doing it.

(small sample of the wonderment)

6 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

I've never been to a Devils game but I've been to a Blues game. Those fans have the biggest inferiority complex I've ever observed.

And They really do wear Jorts and have a ridiculous power play "dance" that I thought was for children but then as I looked around it was all adults doing it.

I don't think that's really an inferiority complex.  I think that is just dumb.

Devils fans talk as much, if not more about the Rangers than they do about the Devils.  During the playoffs the past few years it's even worse as 3/4 of all the posts have to do with the Rangers and how much they suck.  Yet they are the ones in the playoffs while our players are out golfing.  And our fans obsession with Lundqvist borderlines on creepy.

11 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

I don't know if that's any worse than the Sharks' power play "chomp":  :lol::lol:

He was, I don't know if he still is. 

I've bought from him on here but then he kinda disappeared / only sells on eBay 

3 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Devils fans talk as much, if not more about the Rangers than they do about the Devils.  During the playoffs the past few years it's even worse as 3/4 of all the posts have to do with the Rangers and how much they suck.  Yet they are the ones in the playoffs while our players are out golfing.  And our fans obsession with Lundqvist borderlines on creepy.

It's a rivalry thing, 
Being in Chicago I hear all the same stuff from Blues fans. 

I have friends from Stl thanking Nashville for taking the Hawks out even when the Predators are on the verge of taking them out. 

I don't get it. 

3 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

28 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

It's a rivalry thing, 

I have friends from Stl thanking Nashville for taking the Hawks out even when the Predators are on the verge of taking them out. 

I don't get it. 

Yes, it's a rival thing. Your rival always sucks, no matter what. They may not suck at playing hockey, but they still suck. 

And if you don't think so, you suck too! ?

6 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

So here is the deal with the PP dance...... way back after the strike (2005) when the blues were HORRIBLE, there wasn't much to do at games, so this guy that had season tickets about 6 seats down from mine said he was gonna honor this guy Yargo by doing this dance he did to try to get the Blues some mojo. This yargo guy used to go around in a full circle and put his arms up and down. Since it was that last row that this guy was in (me still currently) he didn't spin all the way around. People in our section started doing it I guess cause it was more entertaining than what was going on on the ice. I still never understand it, and at one point people started making big hands and they even had a tutorial on the jumbo tron how to do it.?

4 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

It's a rivalry thing, 

I don't get it. 

It's really sad. When the Preds get knocked out in the WCF, their fans will probably consider their season a success based solely on the fact that they knocked the Blackhawks out. That and the stupid ZOMG KEEP THE RED OUT campaign are part of such a blatant inferiority complex, and St. Louis isn't any better. Pardon the cliche, but they hate us because they ain't us.

2 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

It's really sad. When the Preds get knocked out in the WCF, their fans will probably consider their season a success based solely on the fact that they knocked the Blackhawks out. That and the stupid ZOMG KEEP THE RED OUT campaign are part of such a blatant inferiority complex, and St. Louis isn't any better. Pardon the cliche, but they hate us because they ain't us.

No, they hate you because they have to deal with you saying stuff like this, even after they made the Blackhawks look like a beer league team. No Preds fan is upset that they aren't in the hawks position right now, I promise you that.

Going into the playoff and facing the #1 overall team in the conference and smashing them in all aspects of the series on the way to a sweep is a success regardless of what happens after. Nobody there is thinking about the Blackhawks right now, despite what you want to believe. They're thinking about winning a cup.

You don't want to hear this, but the 2012 kings had a similar run through 2 series. I remember very well how that ended. Gonna be hard to claim an inferiority complex if it happens...

No season is a success without the Cup. While it remains to be seen whether or not Nashville will win it, judging it as a success by any other measure is foolish.

1 hour ago, TheKevinShow said:

No season is a success without the Cup. While it remains to be seen whether or not Nashville will win it, judging it as a success by any other measure is foolish.

Ha, ok. 1 successful team per season, got it. There are many other measures to consider on whether or not a team has a successful season. The oilers and leafs, for example, both had very successful seasons and showed a ton of progress, regardless of what happened in the playoffs. Those are the years you build on to be a cup winning team in the future.

Do you even remember what it was like when the Blackhawk were bad? Your opinion on that might change when you realize there's something other than winning a cup every other year. At some point they're going to be bad again, and if you view every season that they don't win the cup as a complete failure you're going to be one bitter, terrible hockey fan.

2 hours ago, JoeM7392 said:

... if you view every season that they don't win the cup as a complete failure you're going to be one bitter, terrible hockey fan.

This is very true. 

12 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

It's a rivalry thing, 

I don't get it. 

Does 1/2 of the United Center chant that the Blues suck at least 3 times a period in every single home game no matter if they are even playing the Blues are not?

Do they take a famous chant from a rival team and change it up and add many other versus about them to it?

That's what Devils fans do.

5 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Does 1/2 of the United Center chant that the Blues suck at least 3 times a period in every single home game no matter if they are even playing the Blues are not?

Do they take a famous chant from a rival team and change it up and add many other versus about them to it?

That's what Devils fans do.

Do the fans yell "SUCKS!" after every name that is read from the rival team?

That's what Flyers fans do. 

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

Do the fans yell "SUCKS!" after every name that is read from the rival team?

That's what Flyers fans do. 

Yeah we do that too.