eBay version 4.0

dsl135

I really hate hearing the chant the goalie's name and then saying you suck.

Come on people, you're at an NHL game, not some third rate adult league game.  Stop acting like trailer trash and grow up.

Edited by spudrock512

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aww, but we love chanting "Crawwww-ford, Crawwww-ford, Crawwwwford". :D

Can't be as bad as the Rick Flair "Woo!" that was yelled all season in Philly.  That got annoying real quick.

10 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

It's really sad. When the Preds get knocked out in the WCF, their fans will probably consider their season a success based solely on the fact that they knocked the Blackhawks out. That and the stupid ZOMG KEEP THE RED OUT campaign are part of such a blatant inferiority complex, and St. Louis isn't any better. Pardon the cliche, but they hate us because they ain't us.

If it's anything like in Columbus, chances are pretty good that the hate stems from the fact that you couldn't find more than a handful of people who would admit to being Blackhawks fans 10 years ago, and now there are swarms of obnoxious fools wearing bootleg jerseys who get liquored up and start fights.  No coincidence that they all seem to be "lifelong fans" who have never heard of Roenick or Belfour or Chelios, but they sure have money for booze and a nasty attitude that they're just waiting to take out on people.

It's the same way with Pittsburgh, and it's interesting how this same issue with Detroit fans has really tailed off over the last five years.

18 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Other teams do it, but I feel like Devils fans do this sort of nonsense the most.  I have no problems admitting that METS fans probably have the biggest inferiority complex of any fanbase there is.

Fixed

2 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Do the fans yell "SUCKS!" after every name that is read from the rival team?

That's what Flyers fans do. 

They used to for years until about a year or two ago the team stopped announcing the rival team's lineup before the game for this very reason.

24 minutes ago, Nathan said:

If it's anything like in Columbus, chances are pretty good that the hate stems from the fact that you couldn't find more than a handful of people who would admit to being Blackhawks fans 10 years ago, and now there are swarms of obnoxious fools wearing bootleg jerseys who get liquored up and start fights.  No coincidence that they all seem to be "lifelong fans" who have never heard of Roenick or Belfour or Chelios, but they sure have money for booze and a nasty attitude that they're just waiting to take out on people.

It's the same way with Pittsburgh, and it's interesting how this same issue with Detroit fans has really tailed off over the last five years.

That is true with any bandwagon fan.  And they are not true fans.  As a Hawks fan myself, people like that me off as much as it would off you.  They're just d bags looking to cause trouble.  Any one that actually gets in a fight over something as stupid as rooting for another team just has issues.

As for myself, I am such Hawks fan, I saw them play the Coyotes in 2003.  If you remember how bad those two teams were that year - that is just a true hockey fan, because no one should have paid money to see that train wreck.  Of course, I was able to get tickets 3 rows from the ice for about 30 bucks each.

Edited by spudrock512

1 hour ago, spudrock512 said:

As for myself, I am such Hawks fan, I saw them play the Coyotes in 2003.  If you remember how bad those two teams were that year - that is just a true hockey fan, because no one should have paid money to see that train wreck.  Of course, I was able to get tickets 3 rows from the ice for about 30 bucks each.

Lucky you, no matter how much the Leafs suck, tickets still cost you at least three gold bars.

6 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Does 1/2 of the United Center chant that the Blues suck at least 3 times a period in every single home game no matter if they are even playing the Blues are not?

Do they take a famous chant from a rival team and change it up and add many other versus about them to it?

That's what Devils fans do.

Actually its "Detroit Sucks", and I'm pretty sure that used to happen before the blue-collar fan was priced out of the arena. (The move of Detroit to the East also helped quiet that down). Usually its simply to the "Lets Go Hawks" tune, since adding extra versus sounds like too much work. :D

15 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

It's really sad. When the Preds get knocked out in the WCF, their fans will probably consider their season a success based solely on the fact that they knocked the Blackhawks out. That and the stupid ZOMG KEEP THE RED OUT campaign are part of such a blatant inferiority complex, and St. Louis isn't any better. Pardon the cliche, but they hate us because they ain't us.

2w7fml0.jpg

46 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

Can't tell you how much I hate the word "sucks" in NA sports.

I think maybe, you just did.

We have a little bit of that over here. I couldn't find a version from an actual game but you get the idea:

Edit: As an aside to this, I found out a few days ago that Red Bull Arena will be hosting a USMNT World Cup qualifying game in October! I can't even begin to describe how stoked I am for that. I will be in attendance no matter what.

Sorry to chime back in late

I've been a Hawks fan since the mid 80's - I know it's hard to believe there are loyal Hawks fans PRE-2010 but we do exist. 
 Blues are the only remaining team of the second six expansion that hasn't hoisted the cup while having to watch Chicago do it 3 times (in recent times) and then the Cubs win last season - I think i'm correct in saying they have a chip on their shoulder  

Detroit went from the lovable "Wing Nut" fans to hated because of their success in the 90's  and yes, Hawks fans do chant Detroit Sucks because we were the disgruntled losers watching our heated divisional rival have success. It's the same pattern with the Hawks and Blues 

Not taking away from the Devils inferiority complex just adding other teams in my Mid-Western experience. Sorry to derail the thread. 

Edited by Hockey Bob

56 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

Yes, back numbers are off.  the hole at the bottom of the 3 should be more rectangular then the one on the top.

11 hours ago, Committed said:

Knew you would be on that one. It appears to be in good condition but I can't believe it went for so much. 

There aren't many Hawks jerseys on eBay that get by me :D

I'm like a hoarding abyss