eBay version 4.0

dsl135

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

however most likely I will have to part with one or two jerseys very shortly to help pay for the new one.

Hmmmmm

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

lol I didn't get the Utica.

however most likely I will have to part with one or two jerseys very shortly to help pay for the new one.

8BCC6458-1402-4241-8C75-2EC884449F30_zps

58 minutes ago, CJ Matthews said:

I did... We talked... 

Sounds like it was really memorable. :)

18 hours ago, NYIJM29 said:

I was sitting in that area too! Did you see me?!

Haha, I think I may have been in this section as well.

4 hours ago, CJ Matthews said:

I did... We talked... 

I was half kidding. I vaguely remember you ditching me to talk to drunk blondes :(

48 minutes ago, NYIJM29 said:

I was half kidding. I vaguely remember you ditching me to talk to drunk blondes :(

Well obviously you can't fault the guy for that, you're supposed to ditch your friends for drunk blondes. 

2 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

Blondes are overrated. Redheads are where it's at. With your last name, I should think you'd be in agreement!

Well if there were ALSO drunk redheads...

It's kind of depressing when you don't have anything your watching on eBay.  Does it seem like it's been a little slower lately?

Also, did anyone win that 90-91 Devils gamer that was sold yesterday?

11 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

It's kind of depressing when you don't have anything your watching on eBay.  Does it seem like it's been a little slower lately?

Also, did anyone win that 90-91 Devils gamer that was sold yesterday?

I was tempted to bid on that Devils gamer when it was under $300.  As soon as it broke $500 I didn't bother throwing a bid in.  Ended at $762, which is about what that jersey would go for.

I actually talked to the owner of that a little bit on FB.  He bought that jersey from S&K back in 1994 and has been sitting in his closet since.  Basically that jersey hasn't seen the light of day in 23 years.  Pretty neat I think and reminds me of the Brendan Morrison 98-99 gamer I got a few months back that was sitting in a collector's closet since 1999.

1 hour ago, Dr_Puck said:

I can't stand it when a seller beats around the bush. I won an auction Sunday, they finally marked it shipped yesterday and still no tracking information. It's not complaint-level yet and I know it pales in comparison to some other problems. However, I'm annoyed. 

+1 on this one. 

20 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

Blondes are overrated. Redheads are where it's at. With your last name, I should think you'd be in agreement!

Ditto REDHEADS are the best 

Man...I feel ripped off. Bought a 90-91 Leafs jersey (sorry if some of you were in on that) from a seller in BC. The guy charges me 13% tax...and I'm in Ontario! Guy claims it's his full time job selling memorabelia. I called bullsh*t on it but what can I do. 

So what I thought was a decent deal tured into $355 CDN... ($26 USD).

I knew about the tax a couple days ago but forgot about it...man that stings...it hurts!

This aggression will not stand man!

I am guessing it was the #37 leafs jersey

I met that guy at the sport card expo.

I offered him 175 CDN for it (he wanted 200) and he told me that he would sell it at that price on Sunday only ifnot was still 

I couldn't make it to the show on Sunday but decided to walk away from it anyway.  I already have a 90-91 done up as Iafrate

2 hours ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

Man...I feel ripped off. Bought a 90-91 Leafs jersey (sorry if some of you were in on that) from a seller in BC. The guy charges me 13% tax...and I'm in Ontario! Guy claims it's his full time job selling memorabelia. I called bullsh*t on it but what can I do. 

So what I thought was a decent deal tured into $355 CDN... ($26 USD).

I knew about the tax a couple days ago but forgot about it...man that stings...it hurts!

This aggression will not stand man!

I had a feeling you'd be in on that one.

1 hour ago, HockeyMusic said:

I offered him 175 CDN for it (he wanted 200) and he told me that he would sell it at that price on Sunday only ifnot was still 

I couldn't make it to the show on Sunday but decided to walk away from it anyway.  I already have a 90-91 done up as Iafrate

Dude, I totally would have gave him the $200, d amn it.  I just couldn't make it to the expo this time around

7 hours ago, HockeyMusic said:

Was the guy charging tax on top of that? Any info will help. I'm thinking of calling the CRA with his tax number and seeing if he's legit. 

6 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

I had a feeling you'd be in on that one.

Dude, I totally would have gave him the $200, d amn it.  I just couldn't make it to the expo this time around

Remember you still own that 80's Clark of mine that we agreed on. I just havnt found time to put everything together for you.

I was supposed to send a big box to Slim to help with his book too but I've run out of time.

My entire collection is boxed up and in storage waiting for the move.

20170517_191711_zpsk3kyqjfy.jpg

It's sad but I'm pumped at the same time. I'll be able to actually hang all these up in a closet in the new house. No more sealed bags and bins! 

Yes, that is why I wasn't in on the bidding for this one.  That and the fact I already have two of the exact same jersey.

saying that, if I made it to the expo and saw it I wouldn't have been able to resist.

you must have found things you didn't even knew you had while putting everything into those boxes

4 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Yes, that is why I wasn't in on the bidding for this one.  That and the fact I already have two of the exact same jersey.

saying that, if I made it to the expo and saw it I wouldn't have been able to resist.

you must have found things you didn't even knew you had while putting everything into those boxes

A couple yes... Lol. 

It was cool to have everything out of the bags. You forget what you have after a while. 

An Andy Greene knockoff makes it all the way to the end in the most recent GWA and now this one in the just-opened Classic:

http://classicauctions.net/Martin_Brodeur_Signed_New_Jersey_Devils_Retro_Jers-LOT140426.aspx

Do they check these?

For those, they are really just selling the autograph.  I have seen a bunch of knock-offs and poorly customized replicas in their auctions in the past...but as long as the autograph was good, I guess that's all that matters...right??? :rolleyes: