eBay version 4.0

dsl135

You are starting to see more and more bootleg '90s jerseys showing up.  Check out this Blackhawks Roenick Knockoff: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-Red-CCM-Chicago-Blackhawks-Jeremy-Roenick-Hockey-Jersey-Size-52-/263011166932?hash=item3d3cafead4:g:wTgAAOSwBOtZAHW7

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, spudrock512 said:

You are starting to see more and more bootleg '90s jerseys showing up.  Check out this Blackhawks Roenick Knockoff: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-Red-CCM-Chicago-Blackhawks-Jeremy-Roenick-Hockey-Jersey-Size-52-/263011166932?hash=item3d3cafead4:g:wTgAAOSwBOtZAHW7

Wow that looks horrible.  Those 90s Center Ice Collection jerseys have been faked for a while.

Not to the level that Edge jerseys have, but they have been done.

A notorious one was eBay user "griffenfood"

Way back when I first started really collecting jerseys, I almost got taken by one of those griffenfood knockoffs. They were quite close and to the untrained eye it could fool some people (until probably you get it in person and can tell the material differences)

24 minutes ago, HockeyMusic said:

Wow that looks horrible.  Those 90s Center Ice Collection jerseys have been faked for a while.

That one looks almost more like Edge material than 90's air knit to me. 

Just got the UPS email that the jersey from GWA is on its way to me.  Excited!

4 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Glad I am not the only one either it looks like.  I hope they ship it out soon.

Just got my UPS email.  Looks like they'll be shipping today or tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

, you beat me by like 5 seconds!

haha that's how excited we are to get our stuff.  I've been checking my email almost every 30 min each weekday since last thursday.

This is the equivalent of announcing your "mail day" on Facebook, you do know that...

Welllllll, not really.  It's more answering people's questions about whether or not the stuff had shipped for anyone.  Not a "Get ready to see what I've got coming!"

12 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Welllllll, not really.  It's more answering people's questions about whether or not the stuff had shipped for anyone.  Not a "Get ready to see what I've got coming!"

If I wanted to be like FB, I would post a pic of the current status and post subsequent pics each time the shipment status changes.  Then when it comes I would post a picture of the item still in the box, another picture of the box halfway open, and then another picture of the box fully open but the jersey still wrapped up inside.

Then I would post an official mail day and call it a grail.

Followed by the jersey being up for sale 2-4 weeks later as another "grail" is now up for sale.

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

59 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

If I wanted to be like FB, I would post a pic of the current status and post subsequent pics each time the shipment status changes.  Then when it comes I would post a picture of the item still in the box, another picture of the box halfway open, and then another picture of the box fully open but the jersey still wrapped up inside.

Then I would post an official mail day and call it a grail.

Followed by the jersey being up for sale 2-4 weeks later as another "grail" is now up for sale.

Fair enough. 

50 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Please, please do this. I'll incentivize you with a random souvenir puck from my collection.

Is it a Crosby goal puck?

39 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Ha, thanks ya jabroni. I'm just glad Charlie wore the jersey in that episode and not Mac. That's my favorite TV show of all time. 

Lol, awesome. I'm so far behind. Haven't seen anything since like season 8. Gotta catch up. 

Well, based on this discussion, I'm guessing @jsh139 and @Dr_Puck will like my team's new roller hockey jerseys (ideas/concepts by me, designed by a local company)...

IMG_1468_zpsasec7keh.jpg

IMG_1470_zpsbs5dyvbx.jpg

And... we have to get an away jersey right? Well, these are next in the queue...

IMG_1363_zpstsnsb9ur.jpg

Not even joking, it's a complete and total coincidence that these ended up looking like Philly (where I'm originally from) and Buffalo (where I live now) jerseys.

Haha, glad you guys like them! We're huge fans of them. First game with them is tomorrow night.

1 hour ago, Dr_Puck said:

And @dsl135 if your team has an extra jerseys--- NNOB preferred-- let me know. 

For sure. We're able to order them at any time with any name or number (or blank). One of my students plans on ordering a #13 McPoyle jersey. If you want one I can definitely order one for you. 

A really cool early '80s Canadiens jersey on eBay right now, loop style fight strap.  Unfortantely, a bunch of autograpghs on it including over the crest (which is super hard to get out).  It might still be worth it though.  Here's the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Autod-MONTREAL-CANADIENS-CCM-AUTHENTIC-CENTER-ICE-NHL-fight-strap-JERSEY-54-/252968036006?hash=item3ae611e6a6:g:IbgAAOSwPh5ZL4-Q 

6 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

A really cool early '80s Canadiens jersey on eBay right now, loop style fight strap.  Unfortantely, a bunch of autograpghs on it including over the crest (which is super hard to get out).  It might still be worth it though.  

I reached out to that seller earlier, the sizing is closer to a 44 than a 54
And as you said, those auto's on the crest might be more work to get out than the jersey is worth.  

1 minute ago, Dr_Puck said:

My account must be glitching. The last two jerseys I've posted have had the "best offer" option, when I don't want to accept an offer. There's no way to change this in my seller dashboard. 

Click on the "revise" option and manually uncheck the box. Should be good to go. 

12 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

My account must be glitching. The last two jerseys I've posted have had the "best offer" option, when I don't want to accept an offer. There's no way to change this in my seller dashboard. 

From what I have heard, this is a new change for eBay.  They are making it harder for sellers to turn off the best offer option on BIN items apparently.