dsl135

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

I am sure the pun-master himself will be all over this. Paging mfitz. 

This is what I get for not being on the site 24 hours a day, all the good puns were made! It was quite an Eruption! :)

"Made in Panama" was where I was leaning, well done amonte78. 

2 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

It's been on ebay for months, and the owner keeps raising the price without any bids on it. 

2 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

He needed the money. OHHHHHHHHHHHH!

So my package from GWA was scheduled to be delivered by UPS today.  Usually the UPS guy doesn't deliver until after 6PM.  By 7PM tonight nothing.  My wife and I were no further than 10-15 feet from the front door the entire evening.  I decide to check status at 8PM and it says that an attempt was made at 7:30 with no response and so they will attempt to deliver it tomorrow.  That's bulls*** and they never knocked or rang the front door.  Not the first time UPS has done this to me.

yeah I'm pretty pissed.

That's F'ed up. Another reason I usually have my UPS packages sent to the local UPS store or held at the UPS hub in West Chester. Just easier. 

UPS is kinda weird like that.  Even if cars are in the driveway, people are home, they just dump stuff at my doorstep, don't bother to knock or ring the doorbell, and just drive off.  You'd think they might want to confirm the customer got the package, but I guess it's good enough if the package just makes it off the truck...

Yup, they used to do that to me too. Part of why I have everything sent to my office, where they know they can't get away with that plus I've become personal friends with the UPS guy because it's been the same guy, 4-5 days a week, for at least 10 years. 

I called ups and changed delivery to pickup at the local hub.  It's a 5 min drive from my office so I can stop by on my lunch tomorrow.

apparently due to the value I needed to sign for it, so they couldn't just leave it there.  I told the rep on the phone that's kind of hard to do when the driver doesn't make any attempt to actually deliver it like knocking on my door.  I think that most likely the driver wasn't even in my area (can usually hear trucks near the street outside) but saw that it's 7:30 and near the end of his/her shift and decided to mark it as attempt made and try tomorrow.

Good call. At least you'll be assured of delivery. 

Btw, didn't realize you were in the Flyers GW group. Sneaky! ?

13 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

Maybe he is waiting for Don Cherry to find this

10 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Good call. At least you'll be assured of delivery. 

Btw, didn't realize you were in the Flyers GW group. Sneaky! ?

Yeah I should have done that from the beginning.  I don't have these issues with FedEx and USPS.  I think I just have a lazy driver.

Yeah I am in that group lol.  I am part of about 1/2 to 2/3 of the league's team-specific groups these days.  Mostly just like to look at what is out there and admire other jerseys.  I have been toying with the idea of attempting to collect non-Devils jerseys again, but haven't pulled the trigger.

I think I found out why the guy might not have knocked on my door last night.  Wrong # on the street address was listed.

Well, that would do it.  My street name was spelled incorrectly.  Gotta love the precision when dealing with hundreds of thousands of dollars in merchandise.

Edited by jsh139

Update:  have the package now.  The address has the wrong # in system but correct on label.

this was way harder than it should have been

7 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I think I found out why the guy might not have knocked on my door last night.  Wrong # on the street address was listed.

He's gonna be surprised when you apologize to him.  "I'm sorry I thought you were a bum, Mr. UPS Driver."

I had one recently were I typo'd my zip to the seller.  Ended up at a post office 200 miles away.  USPS did a great job with rerouting it, but I had to go get the package once it got into town.  Mail carrier decided leaving the pink form a block away in my neighborhood mailbox counted as a delivery attempt.  Now THAT was a bum move. 

20 hours ago, furiousd said:

He's gonna be surprised when you apologize to him.  "I'm sorry I thought you were a bum, Mr. UPS Driver."

I had one recently were I typo'd my zip to the seller.  Ended up at a post office 200 miles away.  USPS did a great job with rerouting it, but I had to go get the package once it got into town.  Mail carrier decided leaving the pink form a block away in my neighborhood mailbox counted as a delivery attempt.  Now THAT was a bum move. 

lol oh he's not out of the woods yet.  The address was printed right on the label so he could have looked there.  Also this is not the first time they have "attempted" delivery when they really didn't.  This is also not counting back in 2014 (I remember this as it was during the first summer in my current home) where the UPS driver's version of delivering a box was to throw it.  He actually threw it onto my front porch near my front door where it hit the side of my house first before landing.  Both my wife and myself were home and heard a couple of loud thuds and wondered what the hell happened.  I take a peek outside to see the UPS guy basically running back to his truck.  I opened the front door and next to it was our package (it wasn't a jersey or anything fragile).

So yeah he still has a long way to go lol.  Also my package from EPS is due this Friday via UPS.  Thankfully this shouldn't require a signature.

2 minutes ago, cowboys said:

Could be a blank alumni jersey 

In Ultrafil, though?  It looks similar to the old timer's jerseys, but the sleeves are different. 

Yea, I think that might be a prototype from when the black jerseys debuted. I had asked the seller for a Buy It Now price this morning... but now I dunno if you guys are gonna drive the price up haha.

Nah, I won't be going for it.  I was more curious of what it was since I've never seen a black Ultrafil Flyers jersey.  I probably wouldn't have posted about it if I was interested in it, haha :D  Sorry to let the cat out of the bag!

I don't recall seeing any, but they have a clearance section on their site that has a bunch of goalie cut blanks and few random players.

On 6/7/2017 at 10:09 AM, dsl135 said:

Yea, I think that might be a prototype from when the black jerseys debuted. I had asked the seller for a Buy It Now price this morning... but now I dunno if you guys are gonna drive the price up haha.

So they were planning on adding a black jersey even before the switch to Nike?

That's an interesting jersey. I may take a shot at it.