• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Nice. Thanks, man.

Welcome!

Looking back at the 2014 ones, these too had the vector patched over with wordmarks.  Are the ones Meigray is selling have this?  If not and it is hard NHL shield with wordmark, then these were probably were supposed to be used sometime in 2014 or 2015 before they eventually decided to use the old patched-over stock or Lextra.

From looking at the pics online, they don't appear to be double-patched like that.  But, MFitz would know best since he has one in his hands.

2 hours ago, jsh139 said:

From looking at the pics online, they don't appear to be double-patched like that.  But, MFitz would know best since he has one in his hands.

First of all, don't spy on my in my private time, and yes, I have to use both hands. 

Second, Devilsguy is rarely wrong on these things. Mine is, in fact, a patched over Vector. 

35791807421_55646af322_b.jpg

35114406533_e3959387a8_b.jpg

This makes zero difference to me, as I was going to make mine a 2014 Brodeur, and still am. Its nice to know that its that much more accurate. 

It also bears noting, just because mine is a patched over vector/hard shield doesn't mean their entire stock is. They may have them from several different years in several different versions, and what you get could conceivably be the luck of the draw depending on your size and which one they grab. 

That's much more reassuring. I still have yet to buy one because I'll be on vacation next week, but I'm leaning towards pulling the trigger anyway and just having it shipped to my work.

8 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

That's much more reassuring. I still have yet to buy one because I'll be on vacation next week, but I'm leaning towards pulling the trigger anyway and just having it shipped to my work.

Yes Marty  would be nice since it was one of his last jerseys with the Devils 

Yeah mine got delivered today as well. I'm not home to see them, but I got my ups shipping notification yesterday about an hour before ups sent me an email that I'd have a package arriving the next day. Can't beat that shipping speed.

1 minute ago, furiousd said:

The pickup post is going to be lousy with Marty retros in a while...

Lol if I do pick up one I will not post as it would be redundent .  

Just got a look at my retro. Mine is a 52, has the lextra NHL shield and is not a patched over vector. Seems to be a mixture of different styles.

1 minute ago, JoeM7392 said:

Just got a look at my retro. Mine is a 52, has the lextra NHL shield and is not a patched over vector. Seems to be a mixture of different styles.

Just as I suspected. 

1 hour ago, JoeM7392 said:

Anyone receive a 58 goalie cut yet? I'm curious what the NHL shield will be like on that one, and if it's a vector or wordmark. 

2 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

Anyone receive a 58 goalie cut yet? I'm curious what the NHL shield will be like on that one, and if it's a vector or wordmark. 

I wouldn't trust that what someone else got is what you would get. I think it's more random than that. They probably have sizes in several different models. 

I was thinking of asking if they had a 58+ with the Lextra, which is what I wanted.

30 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I wouldn't trust that what someone else got is what you would get. I think it's more random than that. They probably have sizes in several different models. 

I was thinking of asking if they had a 58+ with the Lextra, which is what I wanted.

While I agree with you, I'm still searching for an answer to my question. 

Of course. I was merely pointing out that the answer, if received, wouldn't tell you what YOU were getting. 

But, I'm curious as to what everyone receives as well. 

I did email to see if they can switch mine out, we shall see. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Of course. I was merely pointing out that the answer, if received, wouldn't tell you what YOU were getting. 

But, I'm curious as to what everyone receives as well. 

I did email to see if they can switch mine out, we shall see. 

From what I could tell on eBay, three other 58G's were sold, and I'm sure at least one of them went to someone here. Mine should arrive in the next few days. 

I still think it's going to be awesome when everyone has the same retro Brodeur jersey posted in the new arrivals thread. :P

From what I could tell on eBay, three other 58G's were sold, and I'm sure at least one of them went to someone here. Mine should arrive in the next few days. 

I still think it's going to be awesome when everyone has the same retro Brodeur jersey posted in the new arrivals thread. :P

Oh, it is going to by hysterical. I thought about going a different way with mine, but now I want to be part of the hilarity. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Oh, it is going to by hysterical. I thought about going a different way with mine, but now I want to be part of the hilarity. 

It will include all three Devils fans and all 4,623 Marty fans!

It will include all three Devils fans and all 4,623 Marty fans!

I'm not sure, but I think only one of the other two guys bought one!

Edited by mfitz804

When I was at the warehouse yesterday, the retro rack had a mixture of different years.  Some had lextra and some didn't.

Just to chime in as mine arrived today,

I bought 2
1 - size 58
1 - size 58 (goalie)

Both of mine have lextra NHL shield and are not patched over vector

5 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

Just to chime in as mine arrived today,

I bought 2
1 - size 58
1 - size 58 (goalie)

Both of mine have lextra NHL shield and are not patched over vector

Thanks Bob!

I purchased one as well.  I asked them if they could give me one of the patched over vectors.  I got a kind response that said none of their blank stock are patched over vectors.  In any size. Hard to believe considering the picture up on eBay is patched over vector. Oh well

Edited by Hawks2797

1 minute ago, Hawks2797 said:

I purchased one as well.  I asked them if they could give me one of the patched over vectors.  I got a kind response that said none of their blank stock are patched over vectors.  In any size.

Well I can assure you that was incorrect.

No more 58+ left, so I'm keeping my patched over one. 

I caved and got a Devils retro 2.0 from Meigray.  Just came back from picking it up and got a Lextra wordmark jersey in size 56.