eBay version 4.0

dsl135

9 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I caved and got a Devils retro 2.0 from Meigray.  Just came back from picking it up and got a Lextra wordmark jersey in size 56.

I feel like perhaps I have received the one and only patched over vector they had. All of you losers with the Lextra Brodeur jerseys are gonna be so jealous!!!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I feel like perhaps I have received the one and only patched over vector they had. All of you losers with the Lextra Brodeur jerseys are gonna be so jealous!!!

Haha Elias is going on mine:)

2 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Haha Elias is going on mine:)

I wasn't including you in there, I knew you weren't doing a Brodeur somehow. But the rest of these "I don't like the Devils but I am buying a retro jersey anyway" guys....

Elias is, obviously, a good choice, he was on my list. But I feel like I should have more Brodeur jerseys (I only have one, to if you count All Stars) so I am working toward that. 

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I wasn't including you in there, I knew you weren't doing a Brodeur somehow. But the rest of these "I don't like the Devils but I am buying a retro jersey anyway" guys....

Elias is, obviously, a good choice, he was on my list. But I feel like I should have more Brodeur jerseys (I only have one, to if you count All Stars) so I am working toward that. 

I think it was me not exactly worshiping Marty in every breath in the other forum we are on gave part of that away lol.  He was just never one of my favorites.  I had one Marty jersey and sold it years ago after wearing it to exactly 1 game.

1 minute ago, Devilsguy said:

I think it was me not exactly worshiping Marty in every breath in the other forum we are on gave part of that away lol.  He was just never one of my favorites.  I had one Marty jersey and sold it years ago after wearing it to exactly 1 game.

Yeah that guy sucked anyway. ;)

6 minutes ago, furiousd said:

If you end up with a Lextra patch version and want to do a Brodeur, you could throw a Stadium Series patch on, right?  I guess those had green inner neck tape though, but you can't see that when it's on.

Or you could just not care about the NHL shield...

Best bet is to not go too crazy over the NHL shield.  It is not as obvious as the vector versus wordmark difference.

Yeah you could throw on a Stadium Series patch to a Brodeur retro and be accurate.  However, that game was also the one where he s*** the bed and pretty much was the last nail in the coffin of his Devils career.

6 minutes ago, furiousd said:

If you end up with a Lextra patch version and want to do a Brodeur, you could throw a Stadium Series patch on, right?  I guess those had green inner neck tape though, but you can't see that when it's on.

Or you could just not care about the NHL shield...

You could do that if you don't care about the neck tape. In fact, I did that with one previously (Jagr). 

Or you could not care about the shield. 

Since I am doing a non-SS, and a Brodeur, the patched over vector is actually perfect for me. I just prefer the Lextra shield, its not a deal breaker for me. I own plenty of non-Lextras, this will be another. 

Waiting on a couple other blanks to come in before I send it off to EPS. 

Yeah, I'd aim to avoid a Brodeur SS if you are a fan of the guy. That was one if the lowest points I remember with him towards the end.

And I've never paid any attention to the NHL shield style or the neck tagging/stripe. It's not enough if a big deal for me to care. Now I'm curious though, I have 4 retros and I need to see if any have the standard NHL shield. I believe they're all the lextra ones.

Just now, JoeM7392 said:

Yeah, I'd aim to avoid a Brodeur SS if you are a fan of the guy. That was one if the lowest points I remember with him towards the end.

And I've never paid any attention to the NHL shield style or the neck tagging/stripe. It's not enough if a big deal for me to care. Now I'm curious though, I have 4 retros and I need to see if any have the standard NHL shield. I believe they're all the lextra ones.

I recall when I got my very first one (or two), they were vectors and had the regular shield. When MeiGray did that big sale of game issued 2009-10 jerseys a couple years ago, I suspect those were regular shields. I sold the one I bought and I do not recall. 

Yup, all 4 are the new lextra shield. They we're all fairly recent pickups, so I'm not really surprised. Two were SS from JB, one was an eBay pickup and the last was the Meigray one.

So that means my Brodeur is technically a very mild foul. I'm fighting someone if I get called out on it in person, then after getting beat up I will get up and compliment that person on their jersey knowledge.

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I recall when I got my very first one (or two), they were vectors and had the regular shield. When MeiGray did that big sale of game issued 2009-10 jerseys a couple years ago, I suspect those were regular shields. I sold the one I bought and I do not recall. 

They were the regular hard shields with vector logo.

9 minutes ago, JoeM7392 said:

So that means my Brodeur is technically a very mild foul.

Very minor if you ask me. That wouldn't phase me as I am sure it doesn't you. 

3 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

They were the regular hard shields with vector logo.

And there you have it. 

Sooo...technically if I wanted to I could strip the wordmark and go with any player who wore a vector also. So many options...

...that I am not taking. I'm just making it Marty. 

Should anyone be curious, it feels like the swatch of green material used to cover the vector is glued down VERY tight. I'd not suggest stripping it unless you had a new Vector, who knows what you are going to find beneath. 

23 minutes ago, TheBZ said:

Just got my retro and it's a Lextra. Probably going with Hall just to mess with you guys.

Need the 100th patch then.

I'm sending my Devils retro with lextra shield out tomorrow to get it done as Elias.

I also remembered that Elias didn't play in the 2015-17 retro nights due to injury.  Does it count as a foul that while the player never wore it that he would have worn it if it wasn't for injury?

13 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I'm sending my Devils retro with lextra shield out tomorrow to get it done as Elias.

I also remembered that Elias didn't play in the 2015-17 retro nights due to injury.  Does it count as a foul that while the player never wore it that he would have worn it if it wasn't for injury?

I'd imagine he was issued a jersey for at least 2015 and 2016, so you'd be ok. Could slap a Stadium Series patch on if you were truly concerned. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Use them all. More patches equals more gooder.

Very true. It's science.

EPS just put a posting up on FB to expect people with incoming orders of the start of longer turnaround time due to increased volume with NCAA, NFL, NHL business starting as well as youth sports.

12 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I'd imagine he was issued a jersey for at least 2015 and 2016, so you'd be ok. Could slap a Stadium Series patch on if you were truly concerned. 

Yeah he was issued one in 2015 that was sold in auction (for over $900 too).

2 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Yeah he was issued one in 2015 that was sold in auction (for over $900 too).

That is a waste of money in my opinion, which is demonstrated by the fact that you are about to have the identical product for a grand total of $215. 

I don't collect gamers, but I can understand the allure. I cannot understand why anyone would pay $900 for a game issued jersey.

Now you can tell me how it was a fan who, in so doing, screws everything up for collectors. :)

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That is a waste of money in my opinion, which is demonstrated by the fact that you are about to have the identical product for a grand total of $215. 

I don't collect gamers, but I can understand the allure. I cannot understand why anyone would pay $900 for a game issued jersey.

Now you can tell me how it was a fan who, in so doing, screws everything up for collectors. :)

Quite frankly, I don't get it either.  GI's are just customized authentics.

Only theory I have is that the person who bought it is not well versed in game worn collecting and/or the terms used.  They probably thought game-issued also meant game worn.

I know the buzz is about the retro Devils jersey but I kinda want one of these too

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Philadelphia-Flyers-50th-Anniversary-Style-Authentic-Issued-Reebok-Jersey-/372008962055?var=&hash=item569d764807:m:mwpCUj0Wsz_q-ZS0dqZe2Hg

I just can't justify spending that much, does Meigray ever lower prices on stuff they list on eBay?