eBay version 4.0

dsl135

Haha, here I was debating offering $200 for all four just to see how motivated he was to sell... you blew me out of the water!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

@cowboys did you buy the other Flyers chrome third as well?  Two in one day!

No the first seller was not a freiendly so I passed but this one is good for 100.00 and the early 90s one I think I saved on it for a 100.00 the other two may cut bait and recoup as I did but a first bid in before he did a buy it know at 200.00 and was going to wait .AS it will be a 92 all patched up flyers jersey 

And a few weeks ago I sold an old school Caps to him which he turned around and sold for 100 less probably 2-3 days after he got it.

Edited by JJM4

There are collectors who just seem to do that quite a bit.  They obtain jerseys, have it for a short period of time and then sell for a loss.  It is usually because they found something else they really want. 

5 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

There are collectors who just seem to do that quite a bit.  They obtain jerseys, have it for a short period of time and then sell for a loss.  It is usually because they found something else they really want. 

Dude, that's crazy. I don't know ANYONE like that...

4 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Meigray has blank TI Kings home jerseys up on eBay now. 

Looks like Kings home and away, Caps home and away, Oilers home (with Inaugural Rexall Place patch) and away.

Here's an interesting one.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mike-Ricci-Philadelphia-Flyers-jersey-18-Air-Knit-Sport-Maska-Inc-CCM-sewn-on-/302403579136?hash=item4668a86d00:g:30kAAOSw8GtZV93j

It appears to be a 1987-88 jersey, but it has the NHL patch beside the CCM logo.  I have never seen this on a Flyers jersey, I think the only time I have seen it is on North Stars jerseys.  Possible left over stock that they just tried to update to a late 1989-90 jersey or a bit after that?

Ignore the customization, I know that is terrible and needs to be stripped.

I have personally never seen a small-block logo with the NHL shield on a Flyers jersey. 

I asked Rob, the resident Flyers expert, and his consensus is that the NHL shield was added after the fact, either by a collector or by the team.  However, since the customization isn't accurate, it's doubtful that the latter is true.  Although, I guess it's possible that it was TI and sold blank? 

There was an auction that ended about a week ago for a recycled game worn Brent Fedyk jersey.  That had the small-block logo, but I can't tell if it also has the shield because the full hem of the jersey isn't shown.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/253058909596

Bottom line, I don't know, man :D

54 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:I finally entered the new century and purchased a home printer. I know eBay knocks off USPS shipping fees if you go through them and print a label via their site. Does the USPS reduce prices if you ship from home via a printed label from your computer? 

Yes, but the discount is not as good as the eBay discount. 

Printing the postage through eBay also automatically uploads the tracking number, which is convenient.

As far as adhesive labels go, I find them too expensive. I bought 1,000 shipping label pouches for $35 instead. Label fits in perfectly, adhesive is already there, and it saves a ton of money in tape and fancy labels.

I can't find the exact ones I bought at the moment, but it's like these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/172552772812

A little time on eBay and you may find a better price. 

19 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

I don't know why but the printer thing made me think of the island of obsolete robots:

One of my favorite Futurama quotes. 

"Your mother!" 

18 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Yes, but the discount is not as good as the eBay discount. 

Printing the postage through eBay also automatically uploads the tracking number, which is convenient.

As far as adhesive labels go, I find them too expensive. I bought 1,000 shipping label pouches for $35 instead. Label fits in perfectly, adhesive is already there, and it saves a ton of money in tape and fancy labels.

I can't find the exact ones I bought at the moment, but it's like these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/172552772812

A little time on eBay and you may find a better price. 

I use scrap paper from my job that would otherwise be thrown out, and then steal packing tape when necessary. Free labels. 

I have these cheap-a$$ printable adhesive labels.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LYPSK40/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But, I like the idea of using the pouches, because these labels aren't water-safe.  You have to spend a little more to get the good plasticy labels.

Edited by jsh139

3 hours ago, jsh139 said:

I have these cheap-a$$ printable adhesive labels.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LYPSK40/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But, I like the idea of using the pouches, because these labels aren't water-safe.  You have to spend a little more to get the good plasticy labels.

I stopped using the adhesive labels because one of mine must have had the corner or something come up and get stuck to something else, resulting in the address being town off the package. I used up what I had, used blank paper for a while but got tired of buying $4 rolls of packing tape, and then got the pouches.

When using the adhesive labels or the blank paper, I always put a piece of packing tape over the delivery address to try to protect it from water. The pouches do make that unnecessary. 

I can't speak for all manifacturers....however I would think even samples should have manufacturer branding.

I had a Starter Avs salesman's sample, but it had all the Starter branding on the neck tag and the hem tagging.

I would think Adidas has the same M.O.