dsl135

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 7/17/2017 at 1:53 PM, mfitz804 said:

You could do that if you don't care about the neck tape. In fact, I did that with one previously (Jagr). 

Or you could not care about the shield. 

Since I am doing a non-SS, and a Brodeur, the patched over vector is actually perfect for me. I just prefer the Lextra shield, its not a deal breaker for me. I own plenty of non-Lextras, this will be another. 

Waiting on a couple other blanks to come in before I send it off to EPS. 

I have  a 58 I got from Meigray that is not a patched over vector and has the Lextra shield .  I want to make it a Jagr. I know he wore a patched over vector on retro night in 2014 without the green necktape.  Being on here and collecting for awhile now, I'm one of those who likes 100% accuracy.  Anyone have any ideas on solutions to where I could get what I'm looking for?  I have been going back and forth with Tony from Meigray but so far no resolution.

14 minutes ago, Hawks2797 said:

I have  a 58 I got from Meigray that is not a patched over vector and has the Lextra shield .  I want to make it a Jagr. I know he wore a patched over vector on retro night in 2014 without the green necktape.  Being on here and collecting for awhile now, I'm one of those who likes 100% accuracy.  Anyone have any ideas on solutions to where I could get what I'm looking for?  I have been going back and forth with Tony from Meigray but so far no resolution.

Put a SS patch on it?

Devils.jpg

On 7/14/2017 at 10:03 AM, Devilsguy said:

For sure they wore the retros with the NHL hard patch in 2010 and 2011.  In 2012 it was hard patch again but on the back the vector was patched over with wordmark.

2013 had no retro night.  2014 the Stadium series had Lextra while the 2014 retro night had hard patch.  2015-2017 retro nights had Lextra.

2014 SS was lextra, green tape, wordmark.  I may have just done this exercise yesterday. :P

Edited by furiousd

11 minutes ago, Hawks2797 said:

Did Jagr wear a lextra shield jersey that game?

Yup, Stadium Series were Lextra. 

Jagr was on the 2014-15 team but  was not there on Retro night (traded). 

If you want it to be an "accurate" Jagr, it has to be a Stadium Series if it's Lextra.

6 minutes ago, Hawks2797 said:

All righty  Looks like I need to find a stadium series patch.. Shouldn't be hard.. I just really wanted a patched over vector.  I don't know why but thats what I wanted.  

Did anyone get one other than me?

Why not go with Elias?  Also Czech player, over 1000 NHL points, franchise points and goals leader and about to have his number retired by the team.

44 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Why not go with Elias?  Also Czech player, over 1000 NHL points, franchise points and goals leader and about to have his number retired by the team.

I think that would also require a SS patch, didn't he miss the 2015 and 2016 retro games?

I don't have my pics because of Photobucket, but Jagr SS is exactly what I did with my Lextra shielded one. It's a good choice, because more patches equals more gooder. 

5 minutes ago, MaroonsRoad said:

What's a lextra shield? Honest question. 

It's the newer style NHL shield on Edge jerseys. Basically paper thin material that looks almost like felt, as opposed to the thicker, embroidered patch logo. 

Some teams used it, some didn't, it seems. 

And some teams have jersey styles that use the patch and other styles that use Lextra. And, more frustratingly, some teams have styles of the same jersey that use both shields in the same season as evidenced by LAK's research. ?

10 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I think that would also require a SS patch, didn't he miss the 2015 and 2016 retro games?

He missed due to injury and not because he was off the team as in Jagr's case.

i think it's fine.  We are talking about one element you can't see when the player is wearing it and the other is a tiny patch material.

2 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

He missed due to injury and not because he was off the team as in Jagr's case.

i think it's fine.  We are talking about one element you can't see when the player is wearing it and the other is a tiny patch material.

Well yeah, if you don't care than its fine. If you do care, you need an SS patch for Elias or Jagr. 

Does it make any earthly difference? No. Would it make a difference if you wanted to throw a player who only wore a Vector on there? Nope. Yet most of us would say that is completely offensive. 

16 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Well yeah, if you don't care than its fine. If you do care, you need an SS patch for Elias or Jagr. 

Does it make any earthly difference? No. Would it make a difference if you wanted to throw a player who only wore a Vector on there? Nope. Yet most of us would say that is completely offensive. 

Fair enough.

this is why I largely stopped collecting authentics (along with terrible resale value on most).

7 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Fair enough.

this is why I largely stopped collecting authentics (along with terrible resale value on most).

I'm starting to feel the same way.  Too many stupid nuances to worry about.  Only problem is that buying a GW of a star player is usually cost prohibitive :(  Unless you get extremely lucky and find a GI.

I don't buy game worns because the players I want to collect are a) too expensive, and 2) not necessarily my size, and I collect jerseys to wear them. 

Collecting GW would result in me having jerseys I either don't want because I could afford the, and don't need because I can't wear them. 

So I stick with authentics.