eBay version 4.0

dsl135

Please ignore above post; I could not delete the quote box.

3 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

Wouldn't those Devils jersey be 1989-90 jerseys?  No NHL shield or maybe it didn't get that far in production since the crest wasn't even added yet.

2 hours ago, SoNowWhat? said:

no NHL shield makes it unlikely they are from the year specified.

Those jerseys have the post-1991 size tag and fight strap with the flat buttons, which you don't usually see on any jersey from 1990/91 or earlier.  I think they were made for 1991/92, despite the lack of NHL shield.  Like spudrock said, maybe they never got around to adding them.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Keener used to be able to add crests (and NHL shields). Not sure if he still can though due to copyright purposes. 

Either way, I think it's cool that they're available but kind of overpriced for the size and lack of crest. 

7 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Keener used to be able to add crests (and NHL shields). Not sure if he still can though due to copyright purposes. 

Either way, I think it's cool that they're available but kind of overpriced for the size and lack of crest. 

There's crests to be had. Not to mention, the lack of NHL shield could mean these would make good Utica Devils authentics, which would sell for plenty of cash. 

4 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Please ignore above post; I could not delete the quote box.

Those jerseys have the post-1991 size tag and fight strap with the flat buttons, which you don't usually see on any jersey from 1990/91 or earlier.  I think they were made for 1991/92, despite the lack of NHL shield.  Like spudrock said, maybe they never got around to adding them.

I will defer to your knowledge on that one. Very good. 

10 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

There's crests to be had. Not to mention, the lack of NHL shield could mean these would make good Utica Devils authentics, which would sell for plenty of cash. 

True, true.

14 hours ago, SoNowWhat? said:

100% this. 

44 (nope), no NHL shield makes it unlikely they are from the year specified. Also weren't Devils into Red n Black by then? There are enough Devils experts here who could confirm I'm sure  

The one positive is they are Ultrafil. Mmmmmm sweet, sweet Ultrafil. Perhaps I could get 2 and somehow frankenjersey them into something my size. Or, maybe I should move this to the Jersey collecting is an illness thread. 

Devils switched to the red, white and black scheme starting in the 92-93 season.

10 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Trick is to find a good Utica crests.  A lot of the knockoffs and homemade ones I see for sale often can't get the crest right and finding a good Utica crest is hard to come by.

2 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Trick is to find a good Utica crests.  A lot of the knockoffs and homemade ones I see for sale often can't get the crest right and finding a good Utica crest is hard to come by.

I know where to look. ;)

7 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Devils switched to the red, white and black scheme starting in the 92-93 season.

Excellent. 

I guess this means the jerseys would be 91-92 season based on @LAK74 and your comments. 

8 minutes ago, HockeyMusic said:

Reminds me of the guam64 COA ???

It's real, he swears it. 

Real creepy. 

Some new listings from MeiGray on eBay. In case anyone's not already following them and didn't get the email. 

When someone sets their ebay Best Offer auto-reject feature for anything beyond 5% off their BIN price:

c53.jpg

2 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

When someone sets their ebay Best Offer auto-reject feature for anything beyond 5% off their BIN price:

Or this guy:

Price is $100 shipped.

Offer is $90 shipped.

Never responds, makes you sit there for 2 days wondering what exactly he had in mind when he set a Best Offer feature on his listing. 

17 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

That's happened to me before. I think people must set best offer without realizing it. 

I prefer to think they are being malicious a-holes. But you are probably right. 

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

That's happened to me before. I think people must set best offer without realizing it. 

That might be it too given the latest update with eBay where they add on the Best offer feature to any BIN listing and you have to manually turn off the best offer feature.  I re-listed a jersey recently and it tried to do that to me.

I know we have talked about this to death on here before, but is there any advantages to selling on eBay anymore than any other avenue?  Between the "updates" eBay puts in to make things easier that really makes things harder and/or more confusing, favoring buyers more and more over sellers and the general sense that it is a giant flea market.

In the past year I have listed maybe 8-12 jerseys on eBay and can only remember selling 1 on there.  The rest I have sold through FB.  The only advantage eBay has over FB is the possibility of more eyeballs on my item for sale.  That's it.  FB is a hassle with the tire-kickers and the trolls, but at this point it's basically the same level of hassle now but at least on FB I have more of the ball in my court during deals and I don't get hit with the eBay and Paypal fees.

5 minutes ago, furiousd said:

I think you got it. The only thing eBay provides is exposure. Too bad Facebook isn't easier to browse...

Yup. I've sold a ton and a half of jerseys on eBay. 

6 minutes ago, furiousd said:

I think you got it. The only thing eBay provides is exposure. Too bad Facebook isn't easier to browse...

I updated my FB app on my phone a couple days ago and the search feature went from pretty good to barely usable now.  Now I have to select it to show by most recent at top and it doesn't show complete results, just results it thinks you want to see based on some background algorithm.