eBay version 4.0

dsl135

Whew. Cool.  It wasn't thousands of dollars ($160, actually) but I'd still like to avoid a refund situation.   Odd that he would wait a full 7 days to contact me.  If it were me, I'd be at the post office the next morning if a package showed as delivered and I didn't receive it.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Dr_Puck

My last jersey purchase (for all of $27) showed up at a neighbor's the next street over. Thankfully it arrived. I offered to rake leaves to repay the neighbor. 

While we're on the topic of bad shipping ... I just sold my first jersey to a person with a PO box. Any risk of getting screwed?

I have a strange feeling this guy was feeling me out to see if any kind of refund could be had. I wouldn't be surprised to either never hear from him again, or get a message in a few days saying the package miraculously showed up. 

A few months ago, someone who I sold a jersey to with a PO Box proclaimed they didn't get it but since the tracking I had said it was delivered to destination, I won when a case was filed on me for it. As long as you have tracking that says delivered, you should be ok.

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

I have a strange feeling this guy was feeling me out to see if any kind of refund could be had. I wouldn't be surprised to either never hear from him again, or get a message in a few days saying the package miraculously showed up. 

Could very well be that. 

Guest Dr_Puck

Has anyone noticed that new listings automatically have an embedded "best offer" option? I know it's not hitting everyone but my last two items have items have had this as a requirement. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-NHL-Eastern-Conference-All-Star-Roberto-Luongo-Authentic-Jersey-/263272827513?hash=item3d4c488a79:g:HzoAAOSwldRZ6mxv

For the discriminating Brodeur collector who has to have everything. A bit pricey for a strip job, but...haven't seen a '04 goalie cut East before.

56 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Has anyone noticed that new listings automatically have an embedded "best offer" option? I know it's not hitting everyone but my last two items have items have had this as a requirement. 

Yes.  For all my recent listing the "best offer" option was automatically.  But, in my experience, it's not a requirement, I could just uncheck the box and turn it off.

56 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

I think it is now a standard on mobil listings, but if you use a computer and go into "advanced" selling options that can be changed for future listings to the standard "ask first" check box. 

1 hour ago, Richter9377 said:

I think it is now a standard on mobil listings, but if you use a computer and go into "advanced" selling options that can be changed for future listings to the standard "ask first" check box. 

It's removable on mobile too. It's in the drop down options for me. Listed today and was able to remove. 

3 minutes ago, chow_hound said:

It's removable on mobile too. It's in the drop down options for me. Listed today and was able to remove. 

Yup. It’s there, you just have to do it. 

40 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

Bargain of the year right there!  Link is broken, BTW.  Here's the correct link.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/192341158472

Guest Dr_Puck
17 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup. It’s there, you just have to do it. 

It was a royal pain to fix yesterday. I had been using the basic seller's window when I put up new listings since I joined; the advanced window took a few minutes to learn yesterday. The good thing is that I finally (FINALLY) put all other countries outside of the US on my non-buyer list. I also figured out how to manually change the settings on each listing to get rid of the "or best offer" option. Definitely a usability issue with eBay. 

52 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Because if the same crap isn’t selling at $99, let’s increase the price!

...like a novice and desperate collector trying to sell :D

FWIW the latest round of Devils jerseys they started on eBay for $99.99

2 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

FWIW the latest round of Devils jerseys they started on eBay for $99.99

Wow, I stand corrected. It's a seller in Canada that uses exactly the same pictures and titles as Meigray. So Meigray's auctions are still $99, and this guy is probably a jersey flipper :D

13 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Which jerseys is he flipping?

Worcester Sharks Taylor Dakers, Stockton Thunder Nathan Deck, Providence Bruis Marco Rosa, etc. etc.

Ugh, I spent way too much on a jersey I really wanted, but after I bid I realized it had a bad customization - so it's just going to add to the cost of a jersey I sent too much on already.  I was hoping I would be outbid, but not only was I not outbid, the bidding went up to my max bid. Stupid me!!!  

I'm wondering if I should just relist it and hope I get back most of what I paid, or just bit the bullet and strip it and customize it properly?

Also, to add to my frustration, I sold a practice jersey for $25 bucks, now the guy wants to return it.  Why spend $10 bucks to return a $25 jersey?

6 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

Ugh, I spent way too much on a jersey I really wanted, but after I bid I realized it had a bad customization - so it's just going to add to the cost of a jersey I sent too much on already.  I was hoping I would be outbid, but not only was I not outbid, the bidding went up to my max bid. Stupid me!!!  

I'm wondering if I should just relist it and hope I get back most of what I paid, or just bit the bullet and strip it and customize it properly?

Also, to add to my frustration, I sold a practice jersey for $25 bucks, now the guy wants to return it.  Why spend $10 bucks to return a $25 jersey?

In that situation, odds are you’ll not get your money back, in my opinion you should just go ahead with your plan. 

Regarding the return, what’s the reason? Who paid for shipping initially and who is paying the return shipping? 

Edited by mfitz804

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

In that situation, odds are you’ll not get your money back, in my opinion you should just go ahead with your plan. 

Regarding the return, what’s the reason? Who paid for shipping initially and who is paying the return shipping? 

He wanted to return because he wanted to strip the crest off, but realized he couldn't.  He paid for shipping the first time, and pays to return it as well. He will basically get about $12.50 back when it is all said and done.  Doesn't make sense to me, but whatever.