eBay version 4.0

dsl135

Get this for only $3000. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-Sabres-Jack-Eichel-Jersey-mens-Xl/263303835548?hash=item3d4e21af9c:g:3uUAAOSwICpaAMGC

Never mind the numbers are not the right size, and the name is on a twill nameplate, and it just a replica jersey, and he never wore this style, etc, etc, but ya...only 3 grand!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

Get this for only $3000. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-Sabres-Jack-Eichel-Jersey-mens-Xl/263303835548?hash=item3d4e21af9c:g:3uUAAOSwICpaAMGC

Never mind the numbers are not the right size, and the name is on a twill nameplate, and it just a replica jersey, and he never wore this style, etc, etc, but ya...only 3 grand!

He's right, its one of a kind...

7 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

Get this for only $3000. 

He's included plenty of detailed photos though. *cough*

4 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

I am slowly going toward Best Offers on my listings and just had a classic. $25 on a jersey I have up for $275. Hooray for autodecline. 

I apologize, I should have offered my full limit of $39.95.

;)

Leafs Damphousse

who bought the Ballard patch that this dude was including with the jersey.  I wanted it but buddy said he sold it already by the time I asked.  If it was someone from here GIVE IT TO ME.

Guest Dr_Puck

The USPS did its best to give me agita. I printed a label that had the "From" section relatively centered on the priority box, and the "To" section slightly off center and to the right. The package was nearly returned to me before someone finally got it to the buyer because of the address placement. The buyer was really good about it and commended me for using a ziplock bag for the jersey. Apparently my jersey got tossed around quite a bit and the box damaged. 

That's weird since the North Stars used mesh for the majority of the 80's until they switched to air-knit in 1988-89 I believe. The franchise only used ultrafil for one season as far as I know and that was in 1991-92.

That fight strap isn't the right one for that time period either.  It almost looks like someone may have replaced the original.  Or maybe it's just a later reissue?

Not-so-random question.. When you win an auction that gives you a time limit in which the seller says payment is required, why would you pay on time? 

I'm not complaining about one or two random such situations. I don't sell on eBay very often... but the last few times I've put a handful of items up on eBay I've had to deal with a few of these situations. Up until 1-2 years ago, I never had this happen? Is anyone else having unpaid item issues happen more often recently?

13 minutes ago, Van67 said:

Not-so-random question.. When you win an auction that gives you a time limit in which the seller says payment is required, why would you pay on time? 

I'm not complaining about one or two random such situations. I don't sell on eBay very often... but the last few times I've put a handful of items up on eBay I've had to deal with a few of these situations. Up until 1-2 years ago, I never had this happen? Is anyone else having unpaid item issues happen more often recently?

If I'm understanding the question correctly, you pay on time to get the item shipped faster. I never understand why people win auctions and don't pay immediately. If you need more time after winning to get money together then you shouldn't be buying anything in the first place.

32 minutes ago, CJ Matthews said:

If I'm understanding the question correctly, you pay on time to get the item shipped faster. I never understand why people win auctions and don't pay immediately. If you need more time after winning to get money together then you shouldn't be buying anything in the first place.

I agree with your statement. My question was if anyone has noticed this happening more and more often in the last couple years. It seems like before then, I would always get payment very quickly. Now it seems like there's more dumb kids with eBay accounts not realizing that they commit to buying something when they click to bid and win.

It’s not a recent trend. And I don’t understand either. I always pay right away so they can ship as soon as possible. 

I feel like its less acceptable now. Years ago, one might not know they even won until they got to a computer, and they couldn’t pay until that time. With smartphones, 99% of people know immediately and can pay within a much quicker period of time.

Guest Dr_Puck

How long does it take for ebay to start a no-pay proceeding? I had a jersey that was OBO and I accepted a best offer from a very enthusiastic buyer. The problem is, he can't pay until Friday. I don't mind waiting but should he be worried? 

31 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

How long does it take for ebay to start a no-pay proceeding? I had a jersey that was OBO and I accepted a best offer from a very enthusiastic buyer. The problem is, he can't pay until Friday. I don't mind waiting but should he be worried? 

I think that the non-paying procedure is always started by the seller.  There is no automatic Ebay process that I am aware of.

3 minutes ago, LetsGoCaps said:

I think that the non-paying procedure is always started by the seller.  There is no automatic Ebay process that I am aware of.

Unless you have programmed your seller settings to use the Unpaid Item Assistant, you would have to initiate it as the seller. 

Unpaid Item Assistant

Edited by mfitz804

Guest Dr_Puck

Thanks friends. I'm fine letting this roll until Friday with this buyer. In a twist, someone backed out of buying this jersey at the same price from Facebook. Taking a bit of a hit but at least it's out of my collection. 

I like to keep control of my unpaid item cases. S*** does happen and sometimes people really do have a reason. That said, at some point (usually after a couple days go by), I expect some kind of communication to at least let me know what's up. Whether I see it as legit or not is up to me, but ffs, say something! These people should especially reply when I send them an invoice after they don't pay within my requirement.

Edited by Van67

Guest Dr_Puck

Another weird ebay situation. I had a company based in the U.S purchase a jersey (technically not paid yet as of this moment) that represents buyers in Japan. They sent an auto-generated message to me about packing instructions before I send to their warehouse. Anyone else have this type of interaction? 

Never had to deal with that, but it sounds like a parcel forwarding company.  Much like the Global Shipping Program, once it reaches the US destination, your obligation is fulfilled.  I wouldn't worry too much about it.  Maybe see if you can find the company name and search for reviews.

Guest Dr_Puck

The buyer has many positive reviews and yes, I think they are just a parcel forwarding company. I've never had one of these scenarios, though. Hopefully they will pay and then I can move forward. Just weird to encounter for the first time. 

I get that the jersey is tiny but who are the JD Rockerfeller's that bid 3 times and it's only up to $0.06? :lol:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/142603142036?_trksid=p2471758.m4704