dsl135

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anybody know the story with this one.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F323002312753

He also had third, didn’t remember the player but according to the box score the other guy didn’t play. It appears to be signed on the numbers and wondering if it’s game worn? I got won It for a great price even if it’s just a jersey meant to be worn for a revea that never happened.

1 hour ago, AeroFishOne said:

He also had third, didn’t remember the player but according to the box score the other guy didn’t play.

I don’t really understand what you mean by this, but there was indeed a jersey reveal game on 10/16/15 against Colorado, and Vatanen did play in the game.  The jersey has no serial number, and if there is no LOA and there are no photomatchable markings on it, it‘s not likely you’ll ever know for sure if the jersey was game worn or just another jersey issued for that game but wasn’t used in it.  Still a good price even if it were just a customized authentic, but it looks to be at least game-issued.

1 minute ago, LAK74 said:

I don’t really understand what you mean by this, but there was indeed a jersey reveal game on 10/16/15 against Colorado, and Vatanen did play in the game.  The jersey has no serial number, and if there is no LOA and there are no photomatchable markings on it, it‘s not likely you’ll ever know for sure if the jersey was game worn or just another jersey issued for that game but wasn’t used in it.  Still a good price even if it were just a customized authentic, but it looks to be at least game-issued.

I know Vatanen played in this game but the other jersey he had was of a player that wasn’t on the box score can’t remember the name of the other player. Sorry wasn’t very clear

There may not be a deeper panic in this hobby than when you’ve bid on something you only sort of want, just because the price was low, and then there’s less than an hour left, you’re winning, and you’re anxiously awaiting someone outbidding you. 

I’m outbid...seconds later im wondering if maybe I should place another bid. 

This hobby is crazy and will make all of us crazy. 

And to conclude, relief that the winning bid was significantly more than my maximum. If I lost it by a couple bucks, that would have been upsetting. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

This hobby is crazy and will make all of us crazy. 

Uh huh. I've added a substantial amount of jerseys in the last few months. I keep coming across jerseys that have been in my "always wanted" category for years. My priority needs to be getting the blanks customized, but every new blank I find, the longer that will take. 

Maybe I should cut my internet and phone data for a while lol

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

And to conclude, relief that the winning bid was significantly more than my maximum. If I lost it by a couple bucks, that would have been upsetting. 

Definitely have been through that emotional roller coaster.

Guest Dr_Puck

To follow-up on a discussion from another thread, Meigray is using UPS to ship another lower-end jersey that I purchased from eBay yesterday. Last week they shipped via USPS for pretty much the same jersey (an ECHL goalie gamer from auction), while this week it's back to UPS. 

Question for the group; how annoyed would you be if you ordered and paid for something on eBay on 1/17 and it shipped out on 1/23?

Edit: for clarification I was the person who ordered the item.

Edited by Devilsguy

46 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Question for the group; how annoyed would you be if you ordered and paid for something on eBay on 1/17 and it shipped out on 1/23?

Mildly. I think in general we have all become so accustomed to things being shipped NOW that we forget that when we deal on eBay, we're sometimes dealing with people, who have jobs, kids, and other things to do other than shipping out eBay items. Of course, you could have purchased from a business, which makes all of that irrelevant. 

Is it too long of a delay? Yeah, it is. Something to get twisted about? Nah, not to me. 

I ordered a jersey from Coolhockey.com on January 16, and it has not shipped yet. To me, that's more annoying.

EDIT: this thread made me call Coolhockey, who told me that the item is out of stock and they don't know why I wasn't informed. The order is now cancelled. I hate that place, I won't deal with them again. Unfortunately, they were the only ones with the white vintage Devils replicas listed as in stock. Now I can't even find a replica? 

Edited by mfitz804

17 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Mildly. I think in general we have all become so accustomed to things being shipped NOW that we forget that when we deal on eBay, we're sometimes dealing with people, who have jobs, kids, and other things to do other than shipping out eBay items. Of course, you could have purchased from a business, which makes all of that irrelevant. 

Is it too long of a delay? Yeah, it is. Something to get twisted about? Nah, not to me. 

I ordered a jersey from Coolhockey.com on January 16, and it has not shipped yet. To me, that's more annoying.

EDIT: this thread made me call Coolhockey, who told me that the item is out of stock and they don't know why I wasn't informed. The order is now cancelled. I hate that place, I won't deal with them again. Unfortunately, they were the only ones with the white vintage Devils replicas listed as in stock. Now I can't even find a replica? 

I wasn't annoyed at all really.  I assumed that it was shipped but they didn't put a tracking # in there as that has been happening to me more and more when I purchase things off of eBay.  I was surprised when I got the email yesterday saying it shipped and that I would get it Friday.  The place I bought it from seems more like a business than just some dude.  However it could be a home business for all I know, so I am making assumptions.

Reason why I asked is that I have in my eBay profile that I typically ship within 2 days.  I can't remember a time where I didn't meet that guideline.  However more than once I have received a less-than-pleasant email from a buyer who purchased/won one of my items at 10PM and I do not have a tracking # up by 10AM the next day.  I was more curious about how much it bothers people about shipping times.

21 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

SportsK has them (blanks only up to Large) but has Stevens, Lemieux, Daneyko, and Resch in different sizes (not sure on the customization).

10 minutes ago, dsl135 said:

SportsK has them (blanks only up to Large) but has Stevens, Lemieux, Daneyko, and Resch in different sizes (not sure on the customization).

Thanks, man. I was aware of those. I need an XXL blank for a Brodeur. I wasn't aware they were no longer being made but that's apparently the case. 

One dude on eBay seems to have the jerseys, but will not sell them blank and his font is incorrect. And they are $225!!

Guess I will just keep looking on eBay...

13 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Reason why I asked is that I have in my eBay profile that I typically ship within 2 days.  I can't remember a time where I didn't meet that guideline.  However more than once I have received a less-than-pleasant email from a buyer who purchased/won one of my items at 10PM and I do not have a tracking # up by 10AM the next day.  I was more curious about how much it bothers people about shipping times.

I also say I ship within 2 business days, but I rarely wait that long. i keep my items for sale at work, so it all depends whether I am here and whether I am busy. But generally, Im shipping same day or next day depending on what time the payment arrives. This isn't even just for the buyer, I like getting my stuff out of my way as soon as possible. 

I have not had anyone complain to me about it not being quick enough. But, I have had circumstances out of my control where it takes me an extra day to ship, I contact the buyer and tell them so, then they think I am weird for doing so, like "dude, I am not in desperate need of this item, just ship it when you can". 

Edited by mfitz804

5 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Mildly frustrated but if that's the worst thing that happened to me that week I'd make peace with it. Plus postage to Australia is a total variable 7-31 days depending on USPS / Canada Post and our local post people.

I bought something on Christmas Eve from San Diego and the dude didn't ship it out until January 12th. Amazingly, I actually did end up getting it.

10 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

I bought something on Christmas Eve from San Diego and the dude didn't ship it out until January 12th. Amazingly, I actually did end up getting it.

That’s s long time. 

I've done 1,000s of transactions on eBay. Personally, when I am a buyer I love it when things ship out immediately. I realize not everyone cares as much as I do; however, as a seller I treat buyers the way *I* hope to be treated as a buyer. I often bend over backwards to get things out immediately. E.g., if someone pays me at 2:45pm I have had the item at our post office by the 3:00 cut-off. Of course this requires me to do lots of advance preparation.

Looks fake to me. Even in his listing says "pic is the size of a Medium 48". 48 is the Asian Knockoff for medium. The real size for a Med is a 50.