eBay version 4.0

dsl135

Quick question about the Starter jerseys.  I am assuming all the teams that wore them, all of them were the "Made in Berlin, WI" ones correct?  Most of the Starter "Authentics" you see on eBay are the El Salvador ones, so these would not be the same as the on-ice versions, am I correct on this?  Basically the same as the Indo's compared to the Made in Canada jerseys now days.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For the most part, the El Salvador jerseys were assembled there but used the same materials as the on-ice jerseys made in the USA.  There are some exceptions though.  The fight straps on many of the gamers are different than the Scovill ones used on the retails.  A few jerseys, like Pittsburgh’s, used mesh on the gamers for a while, but those were not made available for retail sale.  And in rare occasions, like with the shoulders on Phoenix’s jerseys, there were slight differences in construction.  But I would not go so far to say that the Starter retails were like Indo Reebok or especially Adidas “authentics.”  In most cases the Starter retails were basically identical to the gamers, not crap copies like the Indos.

Anything from Starter used on the ice was made in Berlin, WI. The manufacturing company is actually called Ripon Athletic and they produced NFL jerseys for a long time too. Believe it or not, Ripon is the company that ended up buying out Medalist/Sand-Knit, a division of MacGregor Sporting Goods who had produced MLB and NBA uniforms for a time in the 1970's and 1980's. Sand-Knit even produced several prototypes for NHL teams as well. I have a very old Atlanta Flames Sand-Knit jersey that was used as a sales sample in during the 1970's.

On 2/7/2018 at 0:20 PM, Hockey Bob said:

It sure did :D thank you for the heads up

Awesome, glad to help!  Wish it would have been smaller.  ;)

On 2/8/2018 at 2:48 PM, Hockey Bob said:

Now,... how do I photo match it with Zero wear and list it on the Facebook group as a Game worn for triple what I paid? :lol::lol:

Might want to try to contact green Joffa jersey guy, I bet he'd know...

Edited by blurryhaze312

3 hours ago, blurryhaze312 said:

Awesome, glad to help!  Wish it would have been smaller.  ;)

Might want to try to contact green Joffa jersey guy, I bet he'd know...

Not to beat a dead horse, but I saw he relisted it AGAIN trying to use the Eagles SB victory to explain that it’s “rare” and worth a ton of money. Lol

He’s STILL trying to sell that pos??  Seems like ages ago he was here ranting and raving about us IJ scumbags, lol.  What’s his asking price now?

4 hours ago, LAK74 said:

He’s STILL trying to sell that pos??  Seems like ages ago he was here ranting and raving about us IJ scumbags, lol.  What’s his asking price now?

He still thinks we are a*******. He still has it listed for $200. He still thinks it’s rare. I’d provide a link, but I can’t seem to find it because he can’t spell anything in his description properly. 

Guest Dr_Puck

Ebayer offers me less than half of what I have for a jersey that's worth $400+. I counter offered by knocking one penny off the full sale price. 

Edited by Dr_Puck

Quick question about this Jersey: 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F112817712642

It's definitely legit, but I was curious about the small size tag in the neck. I've never seen those before on any other jerseys besides the 80s/90s CCMs. Was KOHO using CCM jerseys kind of like how Reebok was using CCM with the 6100s?

Pretty sure Koho is/was owned by the same company that owned CCM.  That being said, I have one Koho jersey and it does not have the little size tag in the neck.  But, I don't doubt that some had it.  Paging @LAK74

I’ve seen quite a few gamer and retail 6100’s from the turn of the century (around 2000-02) with both size tags in the neck of a single jersey. After that the small tags disappeared, leaving only the Canadian flag tag.

Edited by LAK74

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Who just bought that 2000 ASG Goalie’s jersey on eBay? Looking at you, @cowboys .

No sir I put a offer in but was sold before it was accepted to bad I have a kit already for it 

1 hour ago, cowboys said:

No sir I put a offer in but was sold before it was accepted to bad I have a kit already for it 

Me too...was gonna upgrade from the stripped one that I had done as Marty/sold to you/re-bought from you. 

Whomever won saved me from wasting money on a jersey I didn’t need, so thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't want to start a new thread if this is baseless but I figured this was the most appropriate thread:

Is sportsk going out of business?  Someone posted in one of the non-game worn groups that they heard they are going out of business.

I have bought a few things from them in a past.  When I had an issue with a scouts jersey I ordered about 3 years ago or so, they were quick to fix it (even though the issue was a manufacturing issue and not something they did) and the guy who was helping me was venting in his emails to me (not at me) about how he can't wait to get out of the jersey business.  Maybe he finally went through with it? lol

8 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Didn't want to start a new thread if this is baseless but I figured this was the most appropriate thread:

Is sportsk going out of business?  Someone posted in one of the non-game worn groups that they heard they are going out of business.

I have bought a few things from them in a past.  When I had an issue with a scouts jersey I ordered about 3 years ago or so, they were quick to fix it (even though the issue was a manufacturing issue and not something they did) and the guy who was helping me was venting in his emails to me (not at me) about how he can't wait to get out of the jersey business.  Maybe he finally went through with it? lol

I recently emailed them about the availability of CCM Vintage series replicas, and they said that they are no longer being made and everything will be Adidas from this point forward. From the tone of it I did not get that they were closing, and it seemed like they would be continuing to sell Adidas stuff. 

But I suppose anything is possible. Still need a blank white Devils vintage replica though, can't bring myself to buy a pre-customized replica to strip. 

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I recently emailed them about the availability of CCM Vintage series replicas, and they said that they are no longer being made and everything will be Adidas from this point forward. From the tone of it I did not get that they were closing, and it seemed like they would be continuing to sell Adidas stuff. 

But I suppose anything is possible. Still need a blank white Devils vintage replica though, can't bring myself to buy a pre-customized replica to strip. 

If they are indeed going out of business, I may have to snag a couple of replicas on there (especially if they are discounted).

2 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

If they are indeed going out of business, I may have to snag a couple of replicas on there (especially if they are discounted).

There's a few I would consider adding at clearance prices. 

Long shot but, I recall seeing a #2 kit for the 2002/ 2003 all star jerseys on ebay. 

I think it was signed but, for the life of me can't find the listing again.

Wanted to know if anyone here has come across such a listing or knows what I'm talking about or am I just losing my mind. 

This is good a place as any to vent about this I guess. Good old USPS effing up the works again. I have not one but TWO packages in their system that aren't where they should be.

First and most importantly, my Classic Auctions haul. Shipped on March 8th from Montreal, the number says it arrived as the ISC New York (customs I guess) on the 10th....and that's it. No movement since.

Second, an impulsive eBay purchase was shipped from Texas on the 11th. The delivery day was 3/15. Fine. It's a little slow but I'll live. I go to check it Wednesday morning, it's now in Rochester, NY on its way to the destination. Delivery is still shown for the 15th. Weird but fine. Nothing shows up yesterday. I check the number this morning and it's in San Francisco but the delivery date is still the 15th. Just fantastic. While the Canada thing is frustrating, I can understand it getting clogged up in customs. But going from San Antonio to Rochester to San Francisco is just stupid. It's happening more and more too. Morons.

The customs thing baffles me. My Classic stuff got hung up in the ISC (Inbound into customs) for 4 days, while other people’s flew through. I really think that is outside of USPS’s control. Customs is its own monster. Not sure why some things take forever to clear. 

The other is obviously USPS’s screwup. I’ve had similar things occur. That’s frustrating though that it was so close to you, but then was routed across the county. Lame.