eBay version 4.0

dsl135

Ooh an update!

The package is delayed and will not be delivered by the expected delivery date. An updated delivery date will be provided when available. Your item arrived at our USPS facility in SAN FRANCISCO CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER on March 16, 2018 at 1:32 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

YOU DON'T SAY.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My Canucks Jersey I purchased from @furiousd went from Kennewick to Spokane, then all the way down to San Francisco, just to then be shipped up to Vancouver. Maybe their rates would be a little lower if they weren’t spending by thousands of dollars per day shipping items to places they don’t need to, sending items thousands of miles in the wrong direction. It can’t be cost effective, can it?

Since we're on the topic of shipping... I was told last week by USPS that you can't put any additional insurance on jerseys going overseas anymore. I tried to ship a jersey to London, and to Germany, and was told that you only get the standard amount of insurance (which varies by country), and can't pay for extra. Has anybody else been told this, or did I just deal with an employee who doesn't know what they're doing?

8 hours ago, KB67 said:

My Canucks Jersey I purchased from @furiousd went from Kennewick to Spokane, then all the way down to San Francisco, just to then be shipped up to Vancouver. Maybe their rates would be a little lower if they weren’t spending by thousands of dollars per day shipping items to places they don’t need to, sending items thousands of miles in the wrong direction. It can’t be cost effective, can it?

And eight days. For about a 5-6 hour drive, if I had wanted to hand-deliver.

If we’re talking horror stories, I shipped a jersey to QueenAnnesRevenge and it went to the UK (where he lives), then to GERMANY for two weeks, then back to the UK. So, not only the wrong state/province, but the wrong country! Crazy. 

Here’s something for everyone who experiences the craziness of shipped items going all over. I live in the same city as a main Canada Post sorting facility which has no advantages despite what you might think. However I DID discover the answer to why some items go across the country “in error” only to come back to the place it left. So here is the example. Item was sent to me from Los Angeles up to Vancouver. The item got from LA to Van in 2 days. Then the tracking showed Van to Edmonton... HUH? Why the F would it go there. Then sat for 3 days and came BACK to Vancouver. Next day it was delivered. So I asked a friend who works for Canada Post and it all made sense. 

Items shipped from other countries using cheap option tracking (non priority or express) enter the country and go through initial customs. When Canada Post showed the item in Vancouver the first time it was actually in the possession of Canadian Customs despite not showing it. Customs then decides WHERE to send the item to put it into the possession of Canada Post. It just so happened the processing queue in Edmonton was shorter than the local queue and it went there. Canada Post then is officially handling the item for the first time and sent it to Vancouver for delivery. So chain of ownership is Sender to USPS to Canada Customs to Canada Post to Receiver. But tracking showed as Sender to USPS to Canada Post to Receiver. This is my guess for all the situations described above where it goes to random cities within the country and perhaps in Europe other parts of the EU. 

I get that some shipping companies have bases in certain cities. A jersey of mine finally shipped from EPS the other day via UPS (also via UND, who I asked about EPS' advertised delay and I'm guessing they got on them to hold their guaranteed 4-6 week turnaround time). It went from Rockford to Addison, which is where O'Hare Airport is. You would think it would get on a plane to Canada there, but nope. It went to Indianapolis, then to Lexington, before being flown to Seattle and then to where it is now in Vancouver. 

3 hours ago, Van67 said:

I get that some shipping companies have bases in certain cities. A jersey of mine finally shipped from EPS the other day via UPS (also via UND, who I asked about EPS' advertised delay and I'm guessing they got on them to hold their guaranteed 4-6 week turnaround time). It went from Rockford to Addison, which is where O'Hare Airport is. You would think it would get on a plane to Canada there, but nope. It went to Indianapolis, then to Lexington, before being flown to Seattle and then to where it is now in Vancouver. 

Which UND jersey did you get? The Reebok, the CCM, or one of their replicas? K1 or something like that? 

13 minutes ago, CJ Matthews said:

Nice.  I wonder if this would work with "best offer" items?  Like, after you agree on an offer, can you apply the coupon to the agreed upon price?

33 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Nice.  I wonder if this would work with "best offer" items?  Like, after you agree on an offer, can you apply the coupon to the agreed upon price?

I think it does, you just enter it during checkout. Has been the case with previous coupons, anyway. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I think it does, you just enter it during checkout. Has been the case with previous coupons, anyway. 

Trying it now. We'll see if my offer is accepted first, though.

4 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Trying it now. We'll see if my offer is accepted first, though.

Let us know, obviously. 

I anticipate nothing i want being available, like with the last coupon. 

Yep, I will.  Seller's being kind of a diick, though.  So, I might not get to use it.  I submitted a very fair market-rate offer, only to have him/her come back at $5 less than list price.  Come on.  Why even put best offer on there if you're gonna be anass about it.

4 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Yep, I will.  Seller's being kind of a diick, though.  So, I might not get to use it.  I submitted a very fair market-rate offer, only to have him/her come back at $5 less than list price.  Come on.  Why even put best offer on there if you're gonna be anass about it.

I hate that. I bought an item last week that was $20, and the seller set auto-reject at everything below $18 (well, $17 was auto rejected, I didn't resort to change). I saved $2.  

I get frustrated with the whole Best Offer thing at times, especially when people just don't respond. Counter, or reject, but don't just leave it sitting there until it expires. especially where I am the buyer, because if you aren't taking it, I want to shop elsewhere without worrying about whether you'll accept it later. 

Yep.  It's frustrating, for sure.  Just remove the best offer option if you're not prepared to make a deal.  Also, that coupon says it's not valid until 9am PST.  So, you may not be able to use it before then.

24 minutes ago, chow_hound said:

Fake. 

Can you go into detail on to why that is fake?  These don't come up very often so I would like to know what to look for to determine authenticity.  

Never mind.  I just looked closer at the neck tags and that is a pretty good indication that it is a fake jersey.

Edited by spudrock512

8 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Yep.  It's frustrating, for sure.  Just remove the best offer option if you're not prepared to make a deal.  Also, that coupon says it's not valid until 9am PST.  So, you may not be able to use it before then.

Thanks, I always forget that eBay is on Pacific time.