eBay version 4.0

dsl135

18 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

a lot of these guys probably couldn't care less about that stuff.  I wouldn't be surprised if Lindros had a lot of that stuff in boxes in his basement.

Probably true. Though if they weren't interested in it, why save it all?

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ed Belfour consigned all his stuff in the last two classic auctions.  But don't feel too bad for him.....he used his money to start a distillery business (fitting) with his son.

So it is not always bad.

Not eBay but since it is an auction and the fact that replicas/authentics are pretty much non-existent Meigray auctions have some specialty NWHL jerseys up for bid now for those interested.

Anyone here ever do business with an eBay user named nellyhockey25?  Used to go by the name lilnickyshockey as well?

I bought something from him, don't recall what it was. My feedback said the item was just as described, if not better, so that's a positive. 

On 1/30/2017 at 0:12 PM, furiousd said:

Anyone ever miss out on an already good price, just because you want to see if the seller will go lower?  It sucks.  Never doing that again.

Or when you find Koho Stars Jerseys in a size 60 and sit too long and the seller never relists them?  

God, I miss that Star Pattern...

On 2/6/2017 at 9:58 PM, HockeyMusic said:

Ed Belfour consigned all his stuff in the last two classic auctions.  But don't feel too bad for him.....he used his money to start a distillery business (fitting) with his son.

So it is not always bad.

To be fair, given his penchant for alcoholism, I'd try what he's brewing!

Curious question. What is the highest you guys would pay for a GI regular season jersey? No patches, no special features, just a regular game issued one from 2002. I do think that $750 is waaaaay over the value. It´s more than what some of the Briere game used goes for.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/11229689692

A GI/TI jersey is just a properly customized authentic in my mind.  I wouldn't pay much more than the going rate for a typical authentic (of that style of jersey) for one.

43 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

A GI/TI jersey is just a properly customized authentic in my mind.  I wouldn't pay much more than the going rate for a typical authentic (of that style of jersey) for one.

Yup, this. I only paid more than the authentic price for one GI, it was from an All Star Game (from one of our board members), it wasn't THAT much more than an authentic would have been, and authentic of that year and size are not available.

Other than that one, I don't have a single GI in my collection, I typically by cheap GI's from MeiGray, strip them, and turn them into the player I actually wanted. 

Anyone who pays more than the $200-300 range (depending on the jersey in question, but even that is pushing it) for an authentic they could pretty much have made for themselves must have a lot of extra money. 

Most I ever paid for a GI was $250.  I think anything above $300 is a bit iffy for GI's.

14 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Most I ever paid for a GI was $250.  I think anything above $300 is a bit iffy for GI's.

Well, it all depends what team it is if you ask me. I know I can get a blank red Devils EDGE jersey for $200 all day. Add in $65 to customize and $25 for shipping both ways, and its $290. If (and its a BIG if) there is a GI of the same player you wanted to make for $300, even $325, maybe its worth it not to wait. But, honestly, the cheaper GI's are usually not the guy you would have chosen anyway. 

I think some teams, like the Hawks, there are less opportunities for discounted jerseys as it is, so maybe that equation adds up to a bigger number. 

40 minutes ago, Lumpjaw said:

Seems like we think alike, haha. Thanks for input. Have to convince the seller of a cheaper price, then the shipping..

You have a long way to go to get to a fair price on that one, good luck. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

You have a long way to go to get to a fair price on that one, good luck. 

Haha, I have no hope what so ever on getting it. Wont pay more for a GI than I did for a game used.

9 minutes ago, Lumpjaw said:

Haha, I have no hope what so ever on getting it. Wont pay more for a GI than I did for a game used.

That is probably a good rule also. 

10 hours ago, Lumpjaw said:

Curious question. What is the highest you guys would pay for a GI regular season jersey? No patches, no special features, just a regular game issued one from 2002. I do think that $750 is waaaaay over the value. It´s more than what some of the Briere game used goes for.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/11229689692

Seller is a member here and would definitely work with you. 

Man...I wish these guys would put a bit more effort into their kits. Was going to bid on this beauty...so dissapointing.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.ca/itm/302213531789

Agree completely.  Although the Kings just seem to be that team whose on-ice lettering just differs so much from what is available everywhere else.  No matter who lettered it, it was bound to look crappy, haha.

4 hours ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

Man...I wish these guys would put a bit more effort into their kits. Was going to bid on this beauty...so dissapointing.

I just mention them in a other thread I think it's the same place JB gets his kits from ,I was told they send to a place in Vaughn Ontario 

6 hours ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

Looking at it again, despite the inaccurate font, at least the characters are kiss-cut with metallic gold twill.  At the games I'm used to seeing these brutally-lettered replicas they sell at Staples, that have the gold and black parts printed onto white twill, with fake printed stitching.  Not to mention the letters being put on a nameplate.  Ugh.

1 hour ago, cowboys said:

I just mention them in a other thread I think it's the same place JB gets his kits from ,I was told they send to a place in Vaughn Ontario 

Authenticsports19's Kings 50th font is kiss-cut, and the letters are shaped differently than JB's kits, which are layered.  So I don't think they are done at the same place.

6 hours ago, cowboys said:

Yah I think you're right. I'm pretty sure these guys and JB use Sports Archives...a.k.a Truman.