dsl135

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Over the weekend I submitted an offer on a jersey and before I had even closed out of eBay, the offer was accepted. Does the site have some sort of auto-accept feature similar to an auto-decline? I was surprised I grabbed it at that price but in hindsight, I should have offered even less. 

Yep. There are thresholds you can set. You can automatically accept or decline offers above or below certain values. 

4 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Over the weekend I submitted an offer on a jersey and before I had even closed out of eBay, the offer was accepted. Does the site have some sort of auto-accept feature similar to an auto-decline? I was surprised I grabbed it at that price but in hindsight, I should have offered even less. 

Yes, but if that's what it was, it should have instantly told you that you won. If there was a delay (they acknowledged your offer but didn't say it was accepted right away), then it wasn't that. 

The seller must've been at his device of choice and quickly accepted.

29 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

It was instantaneous. I don't think he had a chance to review it. I'm glad I got it at that price. 

Oddly enough, he messaged me through my email account without sending a message through eBay. There's no note in my eBay in-box but I have one through my email account. 

Then that's what it was. 

Seller can reply to the PayPal email and it goes directly to you without going through eBay. I used to do that but stopped when the quality of buyers dropped off; I figure it's better to not give out my email. 

I don't know if there's a term for it, but I can totally sympathize. I bought a gamer of the same player I have an authentic in. Same style and year and everything. 

It's a sickness. 

38 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Refresh my memory. Do we have a term for that look your wife gives you when you buy a gamer in the same style you have an authentic in? You know, the look when she figures out that the gamer costs twice the amount of the authentic and you try to say that you've always wanted this player's jersey and it's your favorite number and it has great wear.

Asking ... for myself after a recent eBay purchase. 

Duplicity disapproval?

39 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Refresh my memory. Do we have a term for that look your wife gives you when you buy a gamer in the same style you have an authentic in? You know, the look when she figures out that the gamer costs twice the amount of the authentic and you try to say that you've always wanted this player's jersey and it's your favorite number and it has great wear.

Asking ... for myself after a recent eBay purchase. 

Grounds for divorce

On 1/30/2017 at 1:39 PM, mfitz804 said:

I think we've all made that mistake. For me its usually submitting a Best Offer, since the seller had that feature active, even though the full price is a good deal. Then someone swoops in and buys it full price before my offer is responded to. 

This just happened to me last night. I should have just paid the price that was listed, but I tried to save some money and missed out on it. I didn't "need" it, but it would have been nice.

29 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Lucky.  I've got a couple languishing.  Really trying to hold out for close to full price.

Not happening lately, unfortunately. 

Had someone buy a jersey off of me with BIN even though I had a best offer option.

Also had it listed for cheaper on FB game worn groups and Devils fan groups with no bites at all.  Go figure.

5 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

I've had two people just disappear from deals this week on Facebook without letting me know and a bunch of watchers on eBay. I'm fairly certain my jerseys are priced reasonably, we're just reaching oversaturation in the market. 

The watchers kill me. How can 20 people be interested enough to "watch" a jersey but nobody bids or makes an offer??

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The watchers kill me. How can 20 people be interested enough to "watch" a jersey but nobody bids or makes an offer??

This. 

I think a lot of watchers are there for 2 reasons:

1) They are other sellers looking at what other comparable items sell for.

2) They are buyers, but they hope and wait that no one buys and every time you re-list you make it cheaper for them to buy it at a cheaper price.

17 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I think a lot of watchers are there for 2 reasons:

1) They are other sellers looking at what other comparable items sell for.

2) They are buyers, but they hope and wait that no one buys and every time you re-list you make it cheaper for them to buy it at a cheaper price.

Some of my additional reasons

3) As a buyer, looking at what comparable items sell for.

4) Monitoring stock/availability

5) Monitoring bidding activity. If it stays low, maybe I'm in...

6) Wish list. Maybe the price is fine, but I can't buy everything at once.

10 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Some of my additional reasons

3) As a buyer, looking at what comparable items sell for.

4) Monitoring stock/availability

5) Monitoring bidding activity. If it stays low, maybe I'm in...

6) Wish list. Maybe the price is fine, but I can't buy everything at once.

Those are good points too.  I have been watching an item for a year now and haven't bought it yet due to the $ and the fact that it is not really important now.  So basically that's #6 into play.

29 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I have been watching an item for a year now and haven't bought it yet...

Rangers jersey. I guarantee it. :P

58 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

Rangers jersey. I guarantee it. :P

Haha it's actually not a jersey.  It's also only $25 but I am too cheap/apathetic on getting it even at that price.

51 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Haha it's actually not a jersey.  It's also only $25 but I am too cheap/apathetic on getting it even at that price.

You've been watching a $25 item for a year?? That's dedication and sticking to your perceived fair price!

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You've been watching a $25 item for a year?? That's dedication and sticking to your perceived fair price!

It's a fair price IMO, I just don't feel like pulling the trigger lol.

It's kind of like when a guy goes to an arena and buys a beer for $12 without blinking but then checks his phone and wants to download an app that he really likes/wants for 99 cents and he sits there hemming and hawing about it lol.