eBay version 4.0

dsl135

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

It's a fair price IMO, I just don't feel like pulling the trigger lol.

It's kind of like when a guy goes to an arena and buys a beer for $12 without blinking but then checks his phone and wants to download an app that he really likes/wants for 99 cents and he sits there hemming and hawing about it lol.

Ok, I'll keep this going...

If you don't feel like pulling the trigger, why are you still watching it after a year??

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If you don't feel like pulling the trigger, why are you still watching it after a year??

So when somebody else buys it you can say "Dang, I was just about to buy that thing! Oh well..."

Edited by CJ Matthews

20 minutes ago, CJ Matthews said:

So when somebody else buys it you can say "Dang, I was just about to buy that thing! Oh well..."

The only time I ever watch an item is when I am trying to see what seller has the best price before I buy. I usually buy something within minutes and then clear my watch list. 

56 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Cause I actually might pull the trigger.  Plus it is a pretty specific item and I am afraid if I unwatch it then later on when I actually feel like buying it I will forget exactly I need.  No I won't say what it is lol sorry.

The longest jersey I have ever watched was about 6-9 months I believe.  It was a gamer that had an asking price of $2500.  It was eventually sold or pulled as I haven't seen it in about 3-4 months.

18 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

The watchers kill me. How can 20 people be interested enough to "watch" a jersey but nobody bids or makes an offer??

New term....."eBay Voyeur"

6 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

I have people watching PUCKS for crying out loud. As in ... you buy this from me, and I take a loss because I've priced them so reasonably. 

Yup, that's how it goes. 

9 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

You, my friend, are my inspiration for lowering prices. I'm like, "Well, if mfitz can lower his prices then ..."  Still, I can't move much these days. 

Me either. This is the most stuff I have had sitting for sale for a while. And at great prices!!

Guys get many offers these days?  I rarely get any if at all.

Just asking as the convo has reminded me of when I was selling an Ovechkin EPS customized Edge 2.0 jersey with an asking of $200 and I got an offer of $6.  I rejected it and the guy sent me another offer of $12.  I guess you can spin that into saying he doubled his offer lol.

15 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Despite my mfitz- influenced inclinations, I historically have been very reluctant to go OBO on eBay. However, I've tried it with a few of my most recent posts and I'm still getting nothing but tumbleweeds.

It's been informative for me to have a best offer option. I think there's something to the theory that fakes have warped a lot of people's expectations of what an authentic jersey should cost.  And they either don't know the difference, or don't care.

I don't even give much thought to lowball offers anymore - I just reject and move on.  That said, I haven't even been getting those very often lately.

10 minutes ago, furiousd said:

It's been informative for me to have a best offer option. I think there's something to the theory that fakes have warped a lot of people's expectations of what an authentic jersey should cost.  And they either don't know the difference, or don't care.

I don't even give much thought to lowball offers anymore - I just reject and move on.  That said, I haven't even been getting those very often lately.

Lucky you, I've been getting harassed, had somebody send me a racist message, another person made an offer that I accepted and then they didn't pay. Been a great month.

44 minutes ago, CJ Matthews said:

Lucky you, I've been getting harassed, had somebody send me a racist message, another person made an offer that I accepted and then they didn't pay. Been a great month.

Sorry about that, I had too much Cuervo that night.

:)

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

Guys get many offers these days?  I rarely get any if at all.

Just asking as the convo has reminded me of when I was selling an Ovechkin EPS customized Edge 2.0 jersey with an asking of $200 and I got an offer of $6.  I rejected it and the guy sent me another offer of $12.  I guess you can spin that into saying he doubled his offer lol.

I've not been getting many, I did get one that was *just* too low, I probably should've accepted but I countered instead.

Of course, I messaged the guy and told him if he resubmitted that offer I'll accept it, and I never heard back. 

I just lowered all of my stuff and removed the Best Offer, except that one in case the guy resurfaces. 

Edited by mfitz804

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I've not been getting many, I did get one that was *just* too low, I probably should've accepted but I countered instead.

Of course, I messaged the guy and told him if he resubmitted that offer I'll accept it, and I never heard back. 

I just lowered all of my stuff and removed the Best Offer, except that one in case the guy resurfaces. 

Probably did yourself a favor. He might not have even paid. 

On a related note, I see you can now put out an offer via eBay message. So if you've got a potential buyer messaging you, you can put an offer to them right through there. Pretty cool. 

24 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Probably did yourself a favor. He might not have even paid. 

On a related note, I see you can now put out an offer via eBay message. So if you've got a potential buyer messaging you, you can put an offer to them right through there. Pretty cool. 

I've yet to employ that feature but definitely will if opportunity permits. 

12 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Is anyone else really, really careful about making sure the "ship internationally" option is unchecked? Once I put something up, I am always so neurotic about making sure my free shipping option doesn't mean I'm shipping abroad for no cost. 

Those shipping costs are entered separately when you start a sale listing. Offering default free domestic shipping doesn't make international shipping free. 

Just throwing this out here. The seller has it under game used so it may be isolated from the normal fan shop listings...Blue Fisherman size 48 with original tags...get some. 

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/152446706418

There's game worn and then there's game worn. This jersey looks like he used it to Armor All his tires after the game!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/182467147100

14 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

There's game worn and then there's game worn. This jersey looks like he used it to Armor All his tires after the game!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/182467147100

That's what my reaction was when I first got it too.  Funny thing is that it's only the third-most pounded with stick marks that I own, behind a home and road set of Marc Rodgers Quebec Rafales.

But it's the most pounded with stick marks that I'm selling...

6 minutes ago, Nathan said:

That's what my reaction was when I first got it too.  Funny thing is that it's only the third-most pounded with stick marks that I own, behind a home and road set of Marc Rodgers Quebec Rafales.

But it's the most pounded with stick marks that I'm selling...

Didn't know it was a member's!! I'd love to see the ones that are more hammered...