eBay version 4.0

dsl135

Sheesh. People are such aholes. If I leave you feedback, I expect the same in return. I've probably bought and sold 50 things on eBay in the past year and have literally gotten 17 feedbacks. So lame. 

/rant 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Sheesh. People are such aholes. If I leave you feedback, I expect the same in return. I've probably bought and sold 50 things on eBay in the past year and have literally gotten 17 feedbacks. So lame. 

/rant 

It's been bad the last few years. I think I average about one-third of my transactions resulting in feedback. I still leave it on every transaction, if only to clear them from the list of transactions I can leave feedback for. 

17 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

It's been bad the last few years. I think I average about one-third of my transactions resulting in feedback. I still leave it on every transaction, if only to clear them from the list of transactions I can leave feedback for. 

I feel your pain! I always send an email once the jersey ships updating them about the delivery status and thanking them for the business. I will also politely remind to leave feedback once the jersey arrives and offer to give my first born child in exchange. 60% of the time, it works every time. 

46 minutes ago, Lumpjaw said:

What's this? Coffee? Hot chocolate? Also, to my eyes, that Captains C looks to pointy on top and bottom compared to other gamers. May be wrong. But that stain...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112351069180

Agreed, that Captain C doesn't look right. I doubt it's game worn.

Briere was made captain for the 2005-06 season, right? By then weren't they in Reebok Vector tagged jerseys, not CCM?

3 minutes ago, Ash said:

Briere was made captain for the 2005-06 season, right? By then weren't they in Reebok Vector tagged jerseys, not CCM?

Yup! Did not even think of the CCM tag haha.

36 minutes ago, dsl135 said:

Agreed, that Captain C doesn't look right. I doubt it's game worn.

I think I've seen it before but looked away due to the stain on the front. The jersey looks good, but have a hard time imagine it being game worn.

This line in the listing says it all:

" I won this at a Chinese auction quite a few years."

Any time you see people saying they won these in a raffle or from a tricky tray / Chinese auction, run for the hills.

6 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Not to mention, Briere was a small dude.  Pretty sure he never wore a 54 pre-Edge.

My GW 05/06 is a 52, so yeah.

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Why do Chinese people have a different form of auctions? Is it like Canadian bacon?

Sorta.

They also have different forms of fire drills.

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Why do Chinese people have a different form of auctions? Is it like Canadian bacon?

I find that collecting jerseys is like eating Chinese food. You can have one now, but an hour later you're going to want another. 

Just now, thebiggoalie said:

I find that collecting jerseys is like eating Chinese food. You can have one now, but an hour later you're going to want another. 

ce1f9535071b1cec6369e1cfa7307334_390e614

1 minute ago, thebiggoalie said:

It takes an hour for some people??

47 minutes ago, Lumpjaw said:

Yup! Did not even think of the CCM tag haha.

This doesn't necessarily make the jersey any more game worn, but Briere was temporary captain in 2004, so he did wear a white CCM jersey with the C.

1 minute ago, spudrock512 said:

Definitely needs a re-do.

Yep, just checked the jersey bible, these shouldn't have the bottom serifs, but for $200 with the tags still attached, I couldn't go wrong even if the customization was wrong.