dsl135

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was JoeM7392.

Yup LAK is right as Joe is the guy.  I think he still has a post about it down in the marketplace section of this forum.

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

Yup LAK is right as Joe is the guy.  I think he still has a post about it down in the marketplace section of this forum.

He still has some, hit him up. 

2 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

Customization isn't even close. 

Off

Did the seller change it to a buy it now for you?  When I saw it it was just auction style.  I made a Shannahan kit for the one I had so yeah 1's are definently wrong.

Just to comment on that Briere jersey, what kind of moron spills that much liquid on themselves and then just says, "Washing machine?? Pffft. Back in the closet you go to wait for a person of less discriminating taste!"

4 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Did the seller change it to a buy it now for you?  When I saw it it was just auction style.  I made a Shannahan kit for the one I had so yeah 1's are definently wrong.

I just saw it and it was listed as a buy-it-now, so I got it as soon as I saw it without checking the customization.  I figured it was wrong, but I didn't want to spend time researching because I figured it would be gone.  I'm just hoping it strips clean, then on the way to EPS in time for the end of the sale.  it's a size 44 so I should go with a short last name - I'm thinking Scott Stevens might be a good choice.  I would like to do a Niedemeyer, but I am thinking the last name wouldn't look good on a small jersey.

1 hour ago, spudrock512 said:

I just saw it and it was listed as a buy-it-now, so I got it as soon as I saw it without checking the customization.  I figured it was wrong, but I didn't want to spend time researching because I figured it would be gone.  I'm just hoping it strips clean, then on the way to EPS in time for the end of the sale.  it's a size 44 so I should go with a short last name - I'm thinking Scott Stevens might be a good choice.  I would like to do a Niedemeyer, but I am thinking the last name wouldn't look good on a small jersey.

Just remember Stevens wore the A for part of the season, but did not wear a C. A lot of people make that mistake. 

75th patches are everywhere because of that guy that was blowing them out. You'll never find a legit 10th patch, buy one from JoeM7392. 

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

Brodeur rookie #29 would be my choice. Once you get the 75th and 10th patches. 

I'm not sure I get everyone's fascination with that. He played 4 games before they switched colors. I guess just the novelty of him having a different number. 

I assume the fascination is because it's the only year he played in the original Christmas tree jersey. So it's kind of a rarity or something. 

2 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I assume the fascination is because it's the only year he played in the original Christmas tree jersey. So it's kind of a rarity or something. 

By year, you mean 4 games. Most current Devils fans have no memory that it even happened. 

I was the first bidder before it was reposted with a BIN price. 

I would like to say that I didn't see it before hand, so whatever reason it was relisted, it wasn't some deal I had worked out. I just happened to go on the eBay and saw it for the first time when I did the buy-it-now.

27 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

By year, you mean 4 games. Most current Devils fans have no memory that it even happened. 

I'm all about the rare jerseys though ?

16 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I'm all about the rare jerseys though ?

Go to a Devils game, it's not rare at all. I'd say at least half of the retro color jerseys in the arena are Brodeur 29's. Anyone with a blank jersey can make one. 

Now the game jerseys, those are rare. I want to steal the one that's behind glass on the concourse. 

18 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Real big block ultrafil red/green 1991-92 ones though? Not Edge retro or CCM vintage. I mean the real deal. 

More than a few, but certainly fewer than the replicas and repros. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

More than a few, but certainly fewer than the replicas and repros. 

That's cool. I almost never see them come up for sale. The big block ones. I've seen a few of the small blocks but I think this one we've been discussing is the first one I've seen in a really long time. 

They come up, usually one or two every couple of months. But they are tough to find. I've had a few, only one currently. But larger sizes are harder to find than small.

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Go to a Devils game, it's not rare at all. I'd say at least half of the retro color jerseys in the arena are Brodeur 29's. Anyone with a blank jersey can make one. 

Now the game jerseys, those are rare. I want to steal the one that's behind glass on the concourse. 

Man, this is hitting me hard. I have a Marty #29 being done up at the moment and I dont feel special anymore...

I do have a Niedermayer and Stevens with the "A" though, maybe those are good enough for you? :(

Edited by JoeM7392

As you are fanatical enough to basically make a team set of these jerseys if you find enough blanks, you get a pass.